Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

This is amateur if we don't get to play at home because of a concert. Just when the club is getting somewhere, you find out they basically had decided top two wasn't an option and threw away home advantage.

Pathetic to treat fans like this.

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Even if we finish 2nd there will be no home quarterfinal, because of the Michael Buble concert....

I have no words...

Unbelievable. I am actually glad we finished third. Finishing second and being rewarded with a trip to Essex with their home record ??☹️

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Unbelievable. I am actually glad we finished third. Finishing second and being rewarded with a trip to Essex with their home record ??☹️

I was actually cheering on Lancashire, and got annoyed when it looked like they messed it up ?

4 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Even if we finish 2nd there will be no home quarterfinal, because of the Michael Buble concert....

I have no words...

Unfortunately, Derbyshire have to cut their cloth in as thrifty a manner as they can. We have one of the smallest memberships in the whole of the County Championship, and a concert goes a long way to paying for, say, Wayne Madsen's contract for another year. Just the way it is, I'm afraid.

Anyway, academic as it turned out.

35 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Why couldn't they play at Chesterfield if the concert is on at Derby?

No floodlights for starters.

Although Buxton being above the Arctic Circle might have been an option?

Edited by Grumpy Git

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

Why couldn't they play at Chesterfield if the concert is on at Derby?

Not suitable for Sky, I think you can get around the no floodlights at this time of year, and lots of counties don’t have permanent one and put up temporary ones, so don’t know if that could have been an option.

From watching the live streams at Queens Park, Dave Fletcher has said it’s quite difficult for them to do the radio commentary and live stream from there and they sit in a gazebo at the side of the boundary. It probably can’t accommodate a full Sky sports set up.