Trick or Treat

Day

Trick or Treat  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Absolutely no chance.

When I say no chance, I mean no chance.

I'm lucky to have met someone with the same level of hatred for this anti social time of the year so there will be no arguments there.

Look up anti social behaviour, this is the very definition of it. 

No chance!

I’ll count to three!

2 1/2

2 3/4

I mean it!

Right! You little……..

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

No chance!

I’ll count to three!

2 1/2

2 3/4

I mean it!

Right! You little……..

Yeah, no. 

I will educate them from a young age that this is not acceptable, and to spread the word at school.

If they don't listen then they can wait until they move out before going trick or treating.

Nobody under my roof will ever go out begging.

7 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah, no. 

I will educate them from a young age that this is not acceptable, and to spread the word at school.

If they don't listen then they can wait until they move out before going trick or treating.

Nobody under my roof will ever go out begging.

What’s your views on anti social neighbours thinking they’re Fat Boy Slim on the laptop mixer desk at 1.00 in the morning? ?

Edited by Boycie
Not sure the slim is now relevant anymore tbh

Just now, Boycie said:

What’s your views on anti social neighbours thinking they’re Fat Boy Slim on the laptop mixed at 1.00 in the morning? ?

Not loud enough for them to hear. That's the thing, I'm not a duck the neighbours make as much noise as possible type.

Even the dog gets one bark before I haul him inside. 

2 minutes ago, David said:

Not loud enough for them to hear. That's the thing, I'm not a duck the neighbours make as much noise as possible type.

Even the dog gets one bark before I haul him inside. 

I’ve just realised, you’re a control freek and a Mood hoover!

Mind you, you did get kicked out of Spoons, so can let your… have a blow out now and again.

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

I’ve just realised, you’re a control freek and a Mood hoover!

Mind you, you did get kicked out of Spoons, so can let your… have a blow out now and again.

If that's what being respectful is, I'll take it.

Was the missus that got kicked out, I finished my pint off before leaving

1 hour ago, David said:

If that's what being respectful is, I'll take it.

Was the missus that got kicked out, I finished my pint off before leaving

You were clinging onto your pint as they had you by the scruff and back of your belt fam.

Absolutely hate trick or treat.

Nobody understands the principle at all...its basically kids knocking on doors begging for sweets,  mithering people and as they get older being slightly intimidating.  Most anti social pointless activity ever.

Not a fan of Halloween in general but if people want to dress up, bob apple,  have a Spooky party with friends that's their choice....enforcing it on other people and going round to random houses is just bizarre. 

Only people so self obsessed with their offspring are actually stupid enough to think anyone else really enjoys going to the shops to buy things and then hang around all night waiting to give them out to ungrateful kids and pretend to be interested in their outfits. My kids are not allowed to go and thankfully they think they are too old now anyway.

23 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Absolutely hate trick or treat.

Nobody understands the principle at all...its basically kids knocking on doors begging for sweets,  mithering people and as they get older being slightly intimidating.  Most anti social pointless activity ever.

Not a fan of Halloween in general but if people want to dress up, bob apple,  have a Spooky party with friends that's their choice....enforcing it on other people and going round to random houses is just bizarre. 

Only people so self obsessed with their offspring are actually stupid enough to think anyone else really enjoys going to the shops to buy things and then hang around all night waiting to give them out to ungrateful kids and pretend to be interested in their outfits. My kids are not allowed to go and thankfully they think they are too old now anyway.

they’re clearly doing it wrong in your area then.

Just don’t put a pumpkin out if you don’t want to be involved. The only people that get their doors knocked in our area are those who have signed up to it by putting a pumpkin or other decorations out. 

Everyone has fun. I hate it when people describe it as begging. It’s clearly not. The traditional trick or treat ‘gimme some sweets or I’ll Chuck an egg at your house,’ is clearly wrong. But that’s not how it’s done these days. It’s just a game that everyone signs up for. Like if you had a massive neighbourhood game I’d hide and seek and the kids got sweets for participating. 

I saw a good quote recently saying ‘don’t judge the older teenagers trick or treating, be pleased that they are holding onto their childhood.’

I’d rather my kids be out joining in with the festivities than be sat at home being miserable. As long as they’re being respectful and following the rules of course. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Just don’t put a pumpkin out if you don’t want to be involved. The only people that get their doors knocked in our area are those who have signed up to it by putting a pumpkin or other decorations out. 

Which is basically false. 

8 notifications on ring with kids begging, I have nothing at all to suggest they are welcome.

How do you know this isn't happening around you as well by others?

IF that was true and you all had your inner begging circles where others were left alone, topics like this wouldn't exist.

Is it right that I, I've seen Rev also go out our own houses as we can't be doing with it all?

Even the Police suggest on their websites only knock on peoples doors you know, but it's ignored.

This one here from our Ring, no parents at all about unless they are sat in a car somewhere having sent their kids out begging.

And we live in a decent area.

It's ok saying I'm following the rules, but many still are not. That's why it needs banning.

Or a sign that specifically says trick or treaters welcome. I shouldn't have to put one up to say not welcome, leave me out of it all.

77E7D1FA-B234-468D-B604-F771F7B85C46.jpeg

Here's another, where a bloke rings the doorbell and physically picks up the kid that clearly by her face (trust me) wanted no part of this plonking her in front of our door.

Head down the entire time whilst his other kid stood next to him well away from the door.

FDE727FB-27E0-4754-80A3-AFD534CE5B9B.jpeg

8089B3EF-C6A5-4827-BDCB-F41688273216.jpeg

13 minutes ago, David said:

Which is basically false. 

8 notifications on ring with kids begging, I have nothing at all to suggest they are welcome.

How do you know this isn't happening around you as well by others?

IF that was true and you all had your inner begging circles where others were left alone, topics like this wouldn't exist.

Is it right that I, I've seen Rev also go out our own houses as we can't be doing with it all?

Even the Police suggest on their websites only knock on peoples doors you know, but it's ignored.

This is what I mean. They’re clearly doing it wrong. I can’t vouch for everyone. Those parents plonking kids on your doorstep are clearly dheads. The world is full of them. 

we’ve got our local Facebook group, and you’ll always get the odd moan of some kids nicked all the sweets on my doorstep, or some teenagers got in a fight, but overwhelmingly the comments on the local group are always positive. 

It’s well established here in Hilton, people come from far and wide. Maybe the rules aren’t quite so well known in areas where it’s less established. 

In you’re photos, I can’t see many photos out in your neighbouring houses. When you’ve got to walk miles to the next house with pumpkins with little legs, I can understand you might just knock on a few if you’re neighbours doors and see what your littlun can get so as not to leave them disappointed. 

If the parents are sat in the car, then it implies they had to drive to an area, so it’s clearly not working. In Hilton, it’s literally every other house is participating, you can always see the next house you’re going to. So there’s just no need to knock on doors that aren’t participating. 

why not just leave a pumpkin and a box of bassets on your doorstep? Join in, you might have some fun by accident. If you do it, you’re neighbours might too, and then the kids will be spoilt for choice.