Ben Davies - Notts County

Day

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My workmate who is a Notts ST holder raves about him. According to him, he is their best player by a mile. Rarely misses a game, gives 100% every game, scores goals and delivers great crosses in open play and from set pieces. Will be a better than average Championship player in his opinion.

I've only seen Ben Davies on a couple of occasions, plus on the highlights show.

But his name almost always crops up during the highlights, which tells me he is involved in a lot of good stuff that Notts County do.

Good enough for me. If we can get him for under £500k, it's worth a go.

As i work and live in Notts and have done for 20 years or so most of my mates are either dirty red dogs or magpies.

Obviously would never go and watch the dogs so when i cant get to Derby ill go with my mates to watch Notts.

iv probably seen Davies now on about 20 occaisons (and will do again this saturday on a lads trip to southampton) so feel im in a pretty decent position to pass comment on his abilities.

Hes very much more a commons esq player than a savage.

small, low centre of gravity, not blessed with a great deal of pace - in fact i dont think i have seen him beat a man in a foot race.

However, his quality on the ball is excellent, his set pieces are truly outstanding, and his deliveries from out wide are at times unplayable.

He has a knack of being able to make himself a yard of space (similar to commons or for the older memebers steve Guppy) to either whip a cross in or get a shot off, and he can hit them.

Do i think he can do a good job for Derby, Yes, providing the fee is right he could be a very good addition

Obviously at the age of 29 he represents a gamble to a degree having not played any higher than league one, he would need to hit the ground running.

talk iv heard from this neck of the woods is that County want 1.5m and dont want to sell him.

Also their not the financial mess they once were so probably dont need to either.

U RAMS !!!!

As i work and live in Notts and have done for 20 years or so most of my mates are either dirty red dogs or magpies.

Obviously would never go and watch the dogs so when i cant get to Derby ill go with my mates to watch Notts.

iv probably seen Davies now on about 20 occaisons (and will do again this saturday on a lads trip to southampton) so feel im in a pretty decent position to pass comment on his abilities.

Hes very much more a commons esq player than a savage.

small, low centre of gravity, not blessed with a great deal of pace - in fact i dont think i have seen him beat a man in a foot race.

However, his quality on the ball is excellent, his set pieces are truly outstanding, and his deliveries from out wide are at times unplayable.

He has a knack of being able to make himself a yard of space (similar to commons or for the older memebers steve Guppy) to either whip a cross in or get a shot off, and he can hit them.

Do i think he can do a good job for Derby, Yes, providing the fee is right he could be a very good addition

Obviously at the age of 29 he represents a gamble to a degree having not played any higher than league one, he would need to hit the ground running.

talk iv heard from this neck of the woods is that County want 1.5m and dont want to sell him.

Also their not the financial mess they once were so probably dont need to either.

U RAMS !!!!

Sounds like the player we need in. Funny this is being brought out in the open now Groft and Martin are likely being shipped out on loan and Savs looking like he is on his way aswell:rolleyes: more money for transfer fee and wages and no need for owners to put hands in their pockets i guess. £1,5 Million we offer £250,000 so guess they will be happy with £500,00:rolleyes:

U RAMS !!!!

Surely the club would not try to divert attention from the current situation by making a bid which they know will never be accepted and making it public, without ever saying how much they bid would they?

cough, Hooper, cough

Or am I just old and cynical?

Interesting to see how this pans out.

I do wonder as to why no half decent sides came in for the player when he was available for free only 18 months ago.

I hope he can offer us more than only top class deliveries from set pieces though but I guess that must be case as surely Clough wouldn't be interested otherwise.....would he?

I do wonder as to why no half decent sides came in for the player when he was available for free only 18 months ago.

I hope he can offer us more than only top class deliveries from set pieces though but I guess that must be case as surely Clough wouldn't be interested otherwise.....would he?

As I said, I watched him a lot at shrewsbury and now at Notts County.

He is a class act, would rival Commons on every level.

Maybe because unless a player us well known fans aren't happy which has created a fashion of clubs not buying from lower leagues than themselves. Unless a player gets lucky on promotion with a team they have no chance of progressing up the leagues anymore.

do we need a midfielder at the moment? I would say defense and up front we may need to look at a little

Absolutely agree. We are after a 29 year old who's never played in the top two divisions and who will be yet another midfielder in our squad, while Leicester are signing (albeit on loan) a proven Premiership goalscorer in Yakubu, which is exactly what we need.

Absolutely agree. We are after a 29 year old who's never played in the top two divisions and who will be yet another midfielder in our squad, while Leicester are signing (albeit on loan) a proven Premiership goalscorer in Yakubu, which is exactly what we need.

you have to be joking?

the super rich Leicester, who will be paying a fortune for the loan, a fortune on the wages, and a fortune for the transfer at the end of it.

They will be paying around 40-50 thousand a week in wages (he is on 60k at everton)

if anything it will cause unrest in the squad, especially if he doesn't hit the ground running.

i asked myself the same question, maybe his age

i think maybe he was just a little too raw/untried at these clubs.

Notts gave him a platform in a promotion winning team to show his attributes and to be fair to him he really does look a good player.

There was quite a few times last season i was sat there thinking 'we should snap this lad up'

If we get him for a reasonable fee then it will be a good bit of business.

His big attribute is that he is attack minded and he can see and more importantly deliver a pass, he can cerrtainly make something happen in the final third.

he would certainly offer more than some of late lol! - but then so would i.

The big question is can he handle the pace and step up?

my gut feeling is yes,

but i am concerened about the age thing and how long it might take him to adapt to the championship.

you have to be joking?

the super rich Leicester, who will be paying a fortune for the loan, a fortune on the wages, and a fortune for the transfer at the end of it.

Maybe, but at least they are showing some ambition in going for quality players who can make a difference. Davies offers us nothing new, and at a time when we desparately need a goalscorer, he's a waste of money in my view.

Maybe, but at least they are showing some ambition in going for quality players who can make a difference. Davies offers us nothing new, and at a time when we desparately need a goalscorer, he's a waste of money in my view.

brb, just bankrupting our club paying for overpriced, injury prone, lumps of ****.

Archived