Ben Davies - Notts County

Day

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davies doesn't mind putting a tackle in don't worry about that, he can play either side of midfield with ease as you can see on the videos he creates chances from everywhere on the pitch. He states that his preferred position is in the centre midfield. I've seen him play there 5/6 times over the past few season and you wouldn't know the difference, really versatile player. He's not a lazy player either - he works really hard off the ball as well.

As you say his balls into the box are so difficult to read, even against premiership defences that we've played in recent months - such as Sunderland, Wigan, Wolves and Fulham - they all really struggled to deal with him.

I think he'd make the step up no problem, this seasons only his first season above League 2 level - its crazy really when you look at the talent and ability he has.

So would Davies be a replacement for sav?

Davies is an attacking midfielder, Savage is...erm...a more sideways thinking midfielder shall we say, so you wouldn't of thought that he would be a replacement no. More likely a replacement for Bueno when he goes back, then again with Clough he could be our new keeper.

Davies is an attacking midfielder, Savage is...erm...a more sideways thinking midfielder shall we say, so you wouldn't of thought that he would be a replacement no. More likely a replacement for Bueno when he goes back, then again with Clough he could be our new keeper.

Well savs off too MLS apparently and I was saying replacement as clough likes the attacking game on the deck ( Which won't happen with bywater in goal ) I still think we need 2 compitent defenders more than another midfielder though.

I wouldn't mind seeing st ledger or de Leat at pride park prefereably ledger

Clough has been saying for the last year or so that

Derby lacked a player who could put the ball into the box.

Looking at the video clip there it looks like Davies meets that description perfectly and seems to rise to the occasion when Notts are up against Premiership opposition.

His assists rate is excellent and he takes excellent free kicks.

We lack anyone apart from Commons who can consistently deliver

dangerous balls into the box. He sounds like he would fit in perfectly.

No doubt we`ll be pipped at the post by Preston or Doncaster!

Paul Ince won't want to sell him and the board won't either to be honest, I think it's highly doubtful he will leave before the end of his current contract. At the end of the day our chairmans aims are to get into the Championship this season or next and if not has already said Ince's job will be underthreat. He wants to move the club foreward so selling our best player is going against what hes stated, and knowing the kind of chairman he is - it's very unlikely he will ever go against hwat he says. Hes stated numerous times he rejected bids forr Davies and would take a massive offer for us to let him leave. The offers reported around 250k where are we going to find anyone as good as him for 250k who'll play on the wages Davies is on? It would be silly to sell him.

Notts County have this morning,completed the permanent signing of midfielder Alan Judge,from Blackburn.

Maybe this is a sign that Davies is on his way to us?

Doubtful - Judge and Davies play on oppersite wings. Deal could probarly be made as I know we have a number of midfielders on trial atm. Just if Derby has the money to meet his valuation. I think he'll most likely stay at Notts although if you were to re-try at the end of the season if Notts are no where near the play-off area I think he'll go then in order to cash him in.

Doubtful - Judge and Davies play on oppersite wings. Deal could probarly be made as I know we have a number of midfielders on trial atm. Just if Derby has the money to meet his valuation. I think he'll most likely stay at Notts although if you were to re-try at the end of the season if Notts are no where near the play-off area I think he'll go then in order to cash him in.

Do you mean Notts County actually play a player in his position,unlike us?:p

Archived