Ben Davies - Notts County

Day

I don't want us to sign anybody who is 5 foot 7, 10 and a half stone wet through, 29 years old and plays in the old 4th division having previously played for such clubs as Kidderminster, Chester and Shrewsbury

You don't get promoted from this division with such players and you certainly don't build a team that could play at a higher level in the future by signing such players

To get promoted you need height, power and pace, particularly when your team lacks that at the moment, as ours does

To build a future premiership team you need height, power, pace and ability. Such players are only available as young players that you take a gamble with

This signing would be an absolute waste of time and would show the lack of ambition we have at the club

Never heard so much b0llocks, in a nutshell.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen anything of Ben this year, last year watched him more than enough to see that the best word to describe him is 'class' very much a Commons type player who has that ability to run with the ball at his feet and play the passes around.

however he would cost too much for us, surely?

I still believe that it is the big, physical and poweful sides that get promoted from the Championship. Stoke being a perfect example

Jim Smith's promotion side could play a bit, but there was also a fair sprinkling of 6 foot plus lads in there who could mix it when they had to.

A team with too many Commons, Bueno(particularly him) type players will look pretty at home when it all comes off, but will struggle away on a Tuesday night somewhere

I don't think thats b0ll0ks at all. Sorry but thats my opinion

I still believe that it is the big, physical and poweful sides that get promoted from the Championship. Stoke being a perfect example

Jim Smith's promotion side could play a bit, but there was also a fair sprinkling of 6 foot plus lads in there who could mix it when they had to.

A team with too many Commons, Bueno(particularly him) type players will look pretty at home when it all comes off, but will struggle away on a Tuesday night somewhere

Depends on what type of side you're building. You can't play 'Total Football' with a side of big, powerful players.

With a side like that, you resort to long ball with one playmaker. Which is a route we could have gone, but i'm glad we haven't.

Our side have proved that they're not going to be bullied, in fact it's the poweful players who have let us down on several occasions.

100% totally agree with you mate...just look at Portsmouth a few yrs back very similar to Stoke and who was incharge? Arry and Jim Smith.

Anyone heard anymore rumours about this guy? as it looks like he is Cloughs Number 1 target to replace Savage, so why the waiting? get him in now before more teams get a look at him and his value goes up even more.

Isn't he more of an attacking minded player?

Anyone heard anymore rumours about this guy? as it looks like he is Cloughs Number 1 target to replace Savage, so why the waiting? get him in now before more teams get a look at him and his value goes up even more.

a, as has already been stated, he's an attacking midfielder/second striker so not a replacement for Savage

b, Nigel says 'They [Crawley] probably have more money to spend than us.' Thus, we can't afford to buy him.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/nigel-clough-thickskinned-brutally-honest-who-does-he-take-after-2179645.html

a, as has already been stated, he's an attacking midfielder/second striker so not a replacement for Savage

b, Nigel says 'They [Crawley] probably have more money to spend than us.' Thus, we can't afford to buy him.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/nigel-clough-thickskinned-brutally-honest-who-does-he-take-after-2179645.html

Well if it has, why dd you have to put your two pennys worth in:rolleyes:

Archived