Ben Davies - Notts County

Day

Well, reading what those who have seen him play think, and knowing that Nigel rates him, I hope we give him a go. Apart from the fact I always want to call him Ben Dover, it sounds like he's worth a punt. :D

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No of course he hasn't, I doubt many of us have but I'm just going to trust in Nige's judgement.

sorry i just hate random flippent comments that are based on nothing.

'he offers us nothing new' - based on what? this guys not seen him play?

i agree with u Edinburgh just got to trust nigels judgement - which i do.

i agree with u Edinburgh just got to trust nigels judgement - which i do.

Based on the fact that if he was any good he'd have played above

League One level way before reaching the age of 29, surely? We can't be the only club with a scouting network who has seen him play. Strange how there are no other clubs we know of battling us for his services though isn't it?

i agree with u Edinburgh just got to trust nigels judgement - which i do.[/quote

League One level way before reaching the age of 29, surely? We can't be the only club with a scouting network who has seen him play. Strange how there are no other clubs we know of battling us for his services though isn't it?

We have'nt got a clue who is looking at who if truth be told.

i agree with u Edinburgh just got to trust nigels judgement - which i do.[/quote

time will tell my friend, maybe hes a late developer

time will tell my friend, maybe hes a late developer

I hope so Notts Ram, for the clubs sake. We've got enough mediocre midfielders and the last thing we need is another who doesn't have the quality to make a difference. What we really need is a striker, and quick!

I hope so Notts Ram, for the clubs sake. We've got enough mediocre midfielders and the last thing we need is another who doesn't have the quality to make a difference. What we really need is a striker, and quick!

tell u now he'd offer more going forward than Pearson ever has lol!

Amen to a new striker though.

Alan Hinton was rotting in Forest's reserves for a long time before Peter Taylor identified his considerable strengths (the policy being forget about a player's weaknesses and just get him playing to his strengths).Anyone had the chance to buy him-one wonders what would have happened to him if we hadn't).

Alan Hinton was rotting in Forest's reserves for a long time before Peter Taylor identified his considerable strengths (the policy being forget about a player's weaknesses and just get him playing to his strengths).Anyone had the chance to buy him-one wonders what would have happened to him if we hadn't).

peter taylor was genius tho, john robertson was transformed from a fat lazy git into the best player in the world

Steven Gerrard is 30 years old, would those who are having concerns about Ben Davies age would you have the same concerns if we were signing him? or what about Kaka, he's 29 in April.

silly thing to say Daveo, wouldn't mind if we signed them but that's because there world class players. Davies is an unknown quantity, and it is a bit worrying that he has never played at level before. Suppose that is better than having played at this level and failed

Archived