Ben Davies - Notts County

Day

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you mean Notts County actually play a player in his position,unlike us?:p

:D Sadly for you - yes! well for Davies - you could play him in any position in the midfield in all honesty and he'll create chance after chance. With Judge and Davies they've brought the team looking much more balanced and settled he'd be a good addition to any squad at any club below the premiership - even if thats just based on his versitility.

Judge has been there on a six month loan this season already.

He was set to be signed permanently anyhow. Its nothing to do with

Davies.

Spot on - We've been thrashing out a deal with Blackburn for him for months so wouldn't have any effect on the deal for Davies.

Spot on - We've been thrashing out a deal with Blackburn for him for months so wouldn't have any effect on the deal for Davies.

The main problem you'll have keeping him Notts123 is that if his head is turned and he is wanting a move - no club wants or ultimately can keep a player who has decided he wants away.

Notts County manager Paul Ince tells BBC Radio Nottingham that he is unhappy with Derby County who have expressed an interest in signing midfielder Ben Davies.

Listen to Ince talking: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/notts_county/9360971.stm

Also that Derby County have not made any offer.

Is this offer business all a bit of spin from Mr Glick to take the heat out of the fans anger.

If I were a manager I wouldn't be letting the media know a key player could possibly be leaving until it actually happened.

Ince probably knows whats going on with transfers, on the other hand he might not have a clue, but he said it himself that the Notts County board might accept bids for players instead of Ince

The main problem you'll have keeping him Notts123 is that if his head is turned and he is wanting a move - no club wants or ultimately can keep a player who has decided he wants away.

That is very true, when you made you initial bid a number of months ago he said he was more than happy to stay the length of his contract ect.. the usual sort of stuff you get with players, he is obviously very happy at Notts and I do believe he is a relatively loyal and realistic player, hence when he signed for Notts despite offers from clubs higher up and being offered more money by them decided to come to Notts. If we can show signs of getting to the Championship which is realistic - we are one of the top 6 teams in the division despite our league placing - I believe he'll stay with us.

Money however. Always - Talks.

Any clue how much?

Not to talk ££ but a reasonable offer - Notts set a fairly high valuation but they are in negotiations looks more like he may be coming to Derby at the minute. Notts have also in talks to sign a free agents whose been training with us for a number of weeks who can fill Bens role. Hanging in the balance at the minute.

Thanks for the info notts123, who is the trialist may I ask? (Pure curiosity)

In talks with both Alan Gow and the midfielder is Lewis Gobern who Ince had at MK Dons, also was a youth players when Ince was involved with Wolves and highly rates him. We've also got a number of non league players having trials at the minute.

Never actually seen either of them play but both seem to have good potential especially Lewis to be developed, Ince appears to really rate him. I don't think you could actually find a better deliverer of the ball then Davies in the football league, I'm yet to see any player who gets near him. So he would be really hard to replace - speaking to some of the current playing staff they all say he's one of the most dedicated professionals they've ever seen regarding training and practising free kicks, delivers, corners ect..

You can't really find pinpoint any real faults with him - if you can get players to feed him you'll have no problems creating chances. He's never played at that level before but we've played Cardiff, Stoke, Fulham, Wigan, Sunderland, Wolves and other top standard clubs and he hasn't looked out of his depth amoung them.

Archived