Ben Davies - Notts County

Day

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we signed dean saunders from oxford, does this make him crap too ?

I'm not saying that Davies will be crap purely because he's signed for a league one team, in fact I think he'll be a good signing and hope we get it done soon if it's at the right price. My only worry is his age, if Commons (who is 2 years younger) is in fact staying, do we really need him?

peter taylor was genius tho, john robertson was transformed from a fat lazy git into the best player in the world

Merely trying to make the point that managers can be so blinded by the shortcomings in players that they miss strong positives.

I havent seen the lad play so I cannot comment until Ive watched him.I just despair that we arent looking higher.We are continually looking at the lower leagues,thats all good sometimes but we do it far too much.

But surely it doesn't matter where we look, as long as they are good enough for this team..

For instance, a player that's nowhere near the first team of a PL club. Ie. Luke Moore or Micheal Tonge are probably at the same level as someone who's a standout league 1 player.. Is Ben Davies a standout league 1 player? I don't know..

If you're implying why aren't we looking at acclomplished higher level players, then we along with virtually every other championship club aren't in a position to be buying these sort of players.

Depends what you mean by fine.

He's one of the best shot-stoppers in the country.

However, even I can kick a ball better than him, despite me being ginger.

fine as in gets the job done in my opinion, fine for this level but not really good enough for the prem. definitely needs to work on his kicking

Ben Davies is literally involved in everything positive Notts County do, the build up play for a goal, the assist or scoring the goal itself.

Maybe he's just one of those players that people miss. His last 2 seasons have been excellent.

I saw him 2 years ago playing for Shrewsbury and he looked ridiculously too good for a league 2 team..

I never realised how old he was though, however when I saw him I thought that he was in the mould of an Idiakez type midfielder where pace isn't a major factor in his game..

Therefore I could be wrong in saying this but maybe he could play on until he's 33 - 34 and still be as effective.

I saw him 2 years ago playing for Shrewsbury and he looked ridiculously too good for a league 2 team..

I never realised how old he was though, however when I saw him I thought that he was in the mould of an Idiakez type midfielder where pace isn't a major factor in his game..

Therefore I could be wrong in saying this but maybe he could play on until he's 33 - 34 and still be as effective.

A mate of mine is a Notts fan and believes he is by far their best player, Hughes wouldn't get the same goal ratio without Davies..which will be DCFC's stumbling block. They effectively lose 2 players input.

I honestly believe Davies will push Commons for star man if Commons stays.

Archived