Ben Davies - Notts County

Day

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davies keen on Rams switch

However, the 29-year-old insists he will not try to force a move away from Meadow Lane.

Notts have turned down a bid from the Rams for Davies, who has two years remaining on his contract.

He told the Nottingham Post: "The Championship is the place I want to be and I believe that myself and most of the lads here can play in the Championship. There is no reason we can't be there ourselves next season.

"It is flattering because Derby are a massive club but I'm not going to be banging on the manager's door asking for a move. No-one has said anything to me about it, so I will keep my head down and focus on playing for Notts and trying to do my best.

"We've got an important game against Sheffield Wednesday (in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy) on Wednesday in a competition we want to do really well in."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6348392,00.html

Notts County fan here, just to let you know. Davies will not be signing for you today. Chipperfield has just said on Radio Nottingham.

Any other details, have we officially made a bid that's been rejected or have we not bid at all?

Any other details, have we officially made a bid that's been rejected or have we not bid at all?

The only things Notts fans know is that 2 bids were rejected on Saturday - one was around £175,000 - a long way off what we'd be looking for I imagine.

Since then there's been nothing from Slater or Chipperfield about a third bid so I would have thought what we wanted and what you were willing to pay were not even close.

The only things Notts fans know is that 2 bids were rejected on Saturday - one was around £175,000 - a long way off what we'd be looking for I imagine.

Since then there's been nothing from Slater or Chipperfield about a third bid so I would have thought what we wanted and what you were willing to pay were not even close.

Clough said they haven't made a bid yet, if £175000 is true I surpose your call that "trying your luck"? :cool:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

ben davies...

i think i saw him walking around PP today , definetly looked like him, got a little exited to say the least! this guy would be a great addition to our small squad which is lacking depth and a big strong , creative midfielder . hopefully we will sign him up coyr !

i think i saw him walking around PP today , definetly looked like him, got a little exited to say the least! this guy would be a great addition to our small squad which is lacking depth and a big strong , creative midfielder . hopefully we will sign him up coyr !

Need pictures. ;)

This wouldn't be an unexpected development, given that we seem to be looking at every creative attacking midfielder/ second striker in Leagues One and Two. I can't think who they might be trying to replace;-)

Funny we've not heard from dcfc_kev if this one has got to this stage though.

I don't want us to sign anybody who is 5 foot 7, 10 and a half stone wet through, 29 years old and plays in the old 4th division having previously played for such clubs as Kidderminster, Chester and Shrewsbury

You don't get promoted from this division with such players and you certainly don't build a team that could play at a higher level in the future by signing such players

To get promoted you need height, power and pace, particularly when your team lacks that at the moment, as ours does

To build a future premiership team you need height, power, pace and ability. Such players are only available as young players that you take a gamble with

This signing would be an absolute waste of time and would show the lack of ambition we have at the club

I do believe it's the old third devision.

If a player can perform in this league, and he's 29, we can get three years out of him. No problem there.

Tell Arsenal that.

Such players are available from many ages and places. Just because he's 29 doesn't mean he shouldn't be signed, not every player needs to be tall and powerful. And there are very few players of that kind who have pace.

I believe you're slating a player before he has even signed, and that player has been tearing teams in league one to pieces.

Archived