Potential fire sale/January line up

Rample

Can't see there being a shortage of takers

Keepers

Roos keeps this up and either someone in the championship will cough up £500k bearing in mind he's out of contract in June, or a continental side will take him. At least if it's a Bosman we keep him for a few months longer.

Marshall will be moved on - free transfer to anyone who makes eye contact.

Allsop I imagine will be first choice.

Defenders

Byrne with 6 months left will net a few hundred thousand and save wages.

There will be interest in Ebosele, he's done enough to get on clubs radars and anywhere near 7 figures he'll be off.

Jagielka will go at the end of his contract if we can't offer anything else.

West Ham and Arsenal have been credited with an interest in Buchanan, he's the one I can see Prem and SPL teams taking a punt on as a potential future international. Only 6 months on his contract in January though so he might be a Bundesliga Bosman. If not £1.5-£2m if we're lucky.

Williams will have attracted attention, decent enough offer and he will be off, but hopefully low wages means he will stay a bit longer.

Back 4 of McDonald Stearman Davies Forsyth.

Midfielders

Leeds will be in for SIbley, and depending on who wanted him at Wolves either them or Spurs. If we're talking £1-1.5m I can see half the championship trying their luck, and he might be tempted by a promotion challenger and first team football.

Newcastle and West Ham (again) for for Knight, maybe 4 or 5 lower Prem sides - £2.5-3m.

Can't see why Ipswich wouldn't be back in for Shinnie, maybe scrape £750k for him.

Bird I'm not sure about, I can't see big offers flooding in unless he has an eyecatching few months so he either goes on the cheap or stays.

Lawrence will be bombed out due to salary, 6 months left on his deal so £500k to WBA

Bielik is a tough call, salary will be reasonable so can see them wanting him out the door but injury may work in our favour. £2.5-3m if anyone does want him.

Jozwiak again will be on a few quids and would net 7 figures from somewhere given his international status.

Morrison, Hutchinson, Watson we can probably retain.

Midfield of Bird/Bielik/Thompson

Morrison, Hutrchinson Watson

Strikers

Baldock off at the end of his deal

CKR back and staying

Stretton not done enough really to attract much attention

2 up top due to lack of winger - CKR and Stretton

Management

Will they deem Rooney too expensive?

At best we'll bring in £15m, barely enough to pay a couple of debts off, but an obvious wage reduction.

Squad from Jan-May

Allsop (Foulkes)

McDonald (Brown) Stearman (Solomon) Davies (Cashin) Forsyth (Williams)

Bird/Bielik (Thompson)

Hutchinson (Wiilson) Morrison (Aghatise/Dixon/Rooney?) Watson (Borkovic)

CKR (Cybulski) Stretton (Duncan - LOL/Plange)

Squad is so thin that EFL might consider kicking us out (of league) due to being unable to complete all fixtures if we sold a load and did not replace.

When squad size was topical a few weeks ago (seems like years) I got the impression that EFL expect you to size up to the 23 actual players? 

Is there anything in the rules (for those that have them committed to memory)?

Edited by Dean (hick) Saunders

To be honest, if we get to January to have a fire sale, it will be a brilliant outcome. We shouldn't be worried about fielding a competitive team this season - that ship will have sailed as soon as we go into administration. The key is the survival of the club and selling players in January will make that far more likely.

2 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Squad is so thin that EFL might consider kicking us out (of league) due to being unable to complete all fixtures if we sold a load and did not replace.

When squad size was topical a few weeks ago (seems like years) I got the impression that EFL expect you to size up to the 23 actual players? 

Is there anything in the rules (for those that have them committed to memory)?

A couple of years ago Bolton dropped to 3 professional players and carried on. They eventually brought in 5 frees and 3 loans to save playing kids in each game.

I think the fact we played the FA Cup match with so many youth team players sets a precedent that we would be able to fulfill our fixtures the same way.

I'm hopeful that we do indeed have at least 2 or 3 reputable buyers waiting with possibly more that will appear now that  the announcement has been made. I think the talk of January fire sales is premature but I guess we will get an indication of interest soon enough.

Bear in mind that we at least get a bit of compensation for any player under 24 who walks away on a Bosman. It's never huge, but it might be better than nothing if we're not allowed to extend anyone's contract. Although no doubt the EFL will screw us over this as well.

7 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

To be honest, if we get to January to have a fire sale, it will be a brilliant outcome. We shouldn't be worried about fielding a competitive team this season - that ship will have sailed as soon as we go into administration. The key is the survival of the club and selling players in January will make that far more likely.

I get your logic but honestly if this isn't sorted by January it will more likely be an asset strip to pay off creditors than selling players to keep the club afloat. I get that can be the same thing but I feel like if we are going to get a takeover it will before that window, there is a decent chance if we go into that window ownerless we cease trading.

I think the majority of the squad will be kept together.

I don’t see a fire sale happening because the finances of many clubs are still so tight because of the pandemic.

Clubs could have pounced in the summer if they had wanted. So you have to assume clubs are taking and will continue to take fewer risks in the transfer market, which is exactly what many of our players would be considered.

Take the young players, the likes of Buchanan, Bird, Knight and Sibley. They have all shown promise and flashes of quality but none of them have had a genuinely sustained run of starts and good performances.

Would they interest Premier League or fellow Championship clubs? In ordinary times, yes. But now? I think they would want players who are standing out week in, week out like an Eze or an Olise had been.

I also think these young players are more likely to want to stay and secure the club’s future having come up through our system.

I think the most likely outcome will be Jozwiak to go and possibly Bielik too pending a successful return from injury. I would also expect the departure of high earners or soon to be out of contract players such as Lawrence, Shinnie, Byrne and Marshall.