A Supporters Trust

bimmerman

Supporters Trust/Consortium POLL!!!!  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Yes that makes sense, a separate thread for those interested - will need to be pinned I think but not sure how that works (if any mods can advise?)

Allows folk to express interest/throw ideas around & then off the back of that, can arrange a call to allocate roles/agree actions

It would be good to keep open so cant be accused of being cliquey or secretive but if people are just going to chip in negatively all the time for the sake of it but do nothing or say anything constructive that would be annoying!

1 hour ago, ketteringram said:

What am I missing? We had a rich owner. He lost a lot of money. If he carries on, he loses more , every single week.

Why would the new rich people want anything to do with that?

Because they love the club, dont want it to disappear and could make a donation rather than be running the club by themselves with all the responsibility and risk like Mel has.
If you want the club to survive dont you just want to try and do something rather than just wait for other people to do it. We could all just moan about Mel and the EFL and moan when we go out of business if nothing happens.  Ok it may fall flat and a buyer may be waiting to snap us up but if we can raise enough to even get a supporters share with any new owner as is being proposed by the Sports Minister why cant we be the first to do that? 

A thought. Even if we as supporters cannot muster enough to invoke a full acquisition, can we push for at least a sizeable investment which gives us a seat at the decision making table? 

Not sure how palatable it'll be for new investors not to have full control, but could reduce the amount needed to purchase/ pay off the debt which could be a huge stumbling block for any interested party.

31 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

It would be good to keep open so cant be accused of being cliquey or secretive but if people are just going to chip in negatively all the time for the sake of it but do nothing or say anything constructive that would be annoying!

Of course, the thread would be open to all & would want as many people as possible involved in the conversation...if they're on board with the idea ?

Raising the money to purchase the club is only half the battle, the other half is having enough cash for working capital to finance ongoing operations for at least 12 months and also to reach an agreement with the creditors. I think the HMRC could be convinced to drop their claim if it was a supporter group taking over, also the EFL would take a more sympathetic attitude to football debts.

So here would be my thoughts and actions

1. Nominate a core of people with business and financial experience to reach out to the administrator to get sight of the books, there will already be a data room as the club have had a number of potential purchasers over the past months, creditor situation is straight forward as those numbers will be in the hands of the administrator. 

2. After going through the numbers prepare a business plan laying out cash forecast requirements for purchase and ongoing trading.

3. Having identified total cash required  open a subscription for people to buy shares in the club minimum £50 per share total  initial offering say 1 million shares, even the poorest fan could afford 1 share, the most well off 100 shares plus so there would be a good distribution amongst the fan base, the money would not be collected unless any offer for the club was accepted and enough promises of cash made.

It would be a simple process but the execution would depend on getting a good deal on the purchase price and a good response on the share offering.

22 minutes ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

A thought. Even if we as supporters cannot muster enough to invoke a full acquisition, can we push for at least a sizeable investment which gives us a seat at the decision making table? 

Not sure how palatable it'll be for new investors not to have full control, but could reduce the amount needed to purchase/ pay off the debt which could be a huge stumbling block for any interested party.

Or they take the good PR of involving fans and being a trailblazing ownership model. Less cash and the good guys - win win

1 hour ago, Charlotte Ram said:

3. Having identified total cash required  open a subscription for people to buy shares in the club minimum £50 per share total  initial offering say 1 million shares, even the poorest fan could afford 1 share, the most well off 100 shares plus so there would be a good distribution amongst the fan base, the money would not be collected unless any offer for the club was accepted and enough promises of cash made.

Never been poor have you?

1 hour ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Raising the money to purchase the club is only half the battle, the other half is having enough cash for working capital to finance ongoing operations for at least 12 months and also to reach an agreement with the creditors. I think the HMRC could be convinced to drop their claim if it was a supporter group taking over, also the EFL would take a more sympathetic attitude to football debts.

1. Nominate a core of people with business and financial experience to reach out to the administrator to get sight of the books, there will already be a data room as the club have had a number of potential purchasers over the past months, creditor situation is straight forward as those numbers will be in the hands of the administrator. 

2. After going through the numbers prepare a business plan laying out cash forecast requirements for purchase and ongoing trading.

It would be a simple process but the execution would depend on getting a good deal on the purchase price and a good response on the share offering.

This sounds like a great approach. 

Can mods help get a thread started and pinned (or propose an alternative solution) to help identify those who want to be involved and to get this started please?

4 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I certainly do - draft roadmap at bottom of this post. The first obstacle is getting a group of fans on this forum to come together, discuss timings to the actions we agree & different approaches to the challenge. Much though I hate Zoom/Teams calls after the past 18 months, that seems as good a method as any of getting people from disparate locations into 'one room'. The added complication is Ramstrust seemingly not interested in making a bid but that could be discussed also - the impetus needs to come from somewhere & no reason why it couldn't be this forum.

image.thumb.png.5007946fd16056d49ee8975e875c374c.png

Are you aware there's a group setting up on Twitter  I think to do something similar? 

Not sure if they are going down an ownership route but definitely talking about places on the Board.

Call themselves black and white together.

Might be worth talking to them?

4 minutes ago, Bob Mash said:

Then why are you suggesting that people in poverty can afford to waste £50 each when there's bills to pay and food to put on the table? 

I think the word waste here is subjective, I am sure the die hard fan will want to forgo a night out or other luxuries to help out their team, if it was a choice between starving to death or investing, then obviously buy food, I think your reaction was hysterical without any reason.

36 minutes ago, angieram said:

Are you aware there's a group setting up on Twitter  I think to do something similar? 

Not sure if they are going down an ownership route but definitely talking about places on the Board.

Call themselves black and white together.

Might be worth talking to them?

I presume this is them?

Does every club have as many different supporters groups, organizations, initiatives and trusts as us? 

3 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Its like what owen said on the moan in tonight, if everyone chipped in everyone would want a voice on how the club goes forward! Would need to be a proper set up with somekind of chairmen! (I have no idea about these things but u get what i mean)