A Supporters Trust

bimmerman

Supporters Trust/Consortium POLL!!!!  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Nobodies got the money for one. 

they’ll all fall out for two.

30 quid a year for exeter, one bloke owns 40 something percent and the trust owns 60 ish i think. appoints a chair and a board and theres a re election every summer

basically, if your poo you get voted out. all done at meetings so ramstrust would like that idea. its very much capped at league one tops mind you,look at afc wimbledon

Depends on perspective.

If the goal if for "a DCFC to continue to exist" then yes.

If the goal is for "a DCFC in the upper 2nd division/lower prem" then no.

The choice is really to accept "DCFC is what the community can support, wherever that is in the football pyramid" or "DCFC as an avenue to to the riches of eglish football has the potential to be lower prem/upper championship Mr investor"

It practically and financially wouldn't work. If it was a consortium of football professionals

ie the Rednaps, Lampard Rooney and any other interested parties, that might strike a chord

with fans for a one time donation, to reach an obtainable buyout figure, and receive shares  etc.

which could be redeemed with future tickets/merchandise or something along those lines..?

2 hours ago, desirelines said:

I love the idea. But in the hyper-capitalistic world of football, it would probably get us no closer to being a Premier League club (if that’s the ultimate aim of Derby County) 

I'm starting to wonder whether that is really the aim or if the aim should be to have a sustainable club which plays good football week to week? 

Supporting a football club is unlike anything I can think of. It's tribal. It's a romance. It's a rollercoaster of emotions. It's the thing you have no control over yet yearn for it do the best it possibly can, and shout as loudly as you can to 'help' it do that. 

Ive got to the point that all I want is to be able watch Derby be competitive in the league it is in. Score goals. Play some good looking football. Show passion for badge. 

The current structure of the premier and English football League is so utterly broken that's its untenable to compete in the top league without a billionaire backer who wants to use it as a vanity project. This is now impacting the second tier to the point where it's getting to be the same. You can't compete without rolling the dice and spending above your means. 

As many others have said. Football as we know it is dying. The European Super League will go ahead at some point in the future as soon as fans realize the league pyramid we love isn't a pyramid at all and relegation will only impact those clubs who aren't being funded by billionaires.

It’s a no from me on the basis on how insufferable some of the people who will get involved would become on forums such as this, Radio Derby, Twitter etc.. I just want a professional group of people, who run the club in an effective and sustainable manner, treat the employees of the club well and enable us to be competitive in the Championship. If we could grow from there and be in the mix for promotion great.

10 hours ago, bimmerman said:

30 quid a year for exeter, one bloke owns 40 something percent and the trust owns 60 ish i think. appoints a chair and a board and theres a re election every summer

basically, if your poo you get voted out. all done at meetings so ramstrust would like that idea. its very much capped at league one tops mind you,look at afc wimbledon

Great. But I want Derby County not bloody Exeter.  They are doing so well