A Supporters Trust

bimmerman

Supporters Trust/Consortium POLL!!!!  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Keepyuppy said:

No no no  - I wouldnt want to see ramstrust anywhere near the running of the club.  My opinion of them is they think they are some kind of 'elite' supporters, I believe that they genuinely think they are more intelligent than the ordinary supporter and know better than ordinary supporters.

Trust ?,,,,,,,,,,,, I wouldn't trust any of them.  George Orwells Animal Farm springs to mind !!!

Both@AutoWindscreens & myself have addressed this point already - really would like to bury it as a 'problem'.

Let me be emphatic. We can turn RamsTrust into whatever we want. RamsTrust is currently a small group of supporters but if we decided to buy the club, we'd all end up joining RT to get a say in how the club is run, meaning it would reflect the fanbase as a whole. New people can be elected to the Board at RT & it is one member one vote. Therefore we can dilute whatever personalities have annoyed people in the past.

This is exactly the problem - ramstrust  have historically badged themselves that they are ‘captains of business’, undisputedly experienced in being able to run a football club. 
Utter twaddle !!! 
Sunday pub team maybe, but a professional football club of the status of Derby County FC,,,,,,,,,, fantasy island,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  

21 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

@LeedsCityRam I think the idea is great but I fear the real problem will be finding the people who know what they're doing and have the time to do it.

Fair point but there will be a lot of talented & knowledgeable people within our fanbase who could move this forward & the capacity to do so. The biggest challenge is getting the idea & a working group off the ground - the next stage would be to get some roles drawn up & people nominated into those roles/cast the net for specific expertise in areas where we're weak.

11 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Fair point but there will be a lot of talented & knowledgeable people within our fanbase who could move this forward & the capacity to do so. The biggest challenge is getting the idea & a working group off the ground - the next stage would be to get some roles drawn up & people nominated into those roles/cast the net for specific expertise in areas where we're weak.

Well I wish you the very best of good luck - of course I do. I really like the idea and the German model shows it can work in the upper tiers of a football league.

One month is a very short time to organise something like that though.

I hope you pull it off. At the very least, I hope you put something together so credible that even if the administrators don't go with it, any new owners do bring the supporters in on a significant basis.

17 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I just feel we need to do something not sleepwalk to oblivion

29 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I love the idea and really hope it gets off the ground however:

None of us have any experience of running a football club, some of us are probably not as talented and knowledgeable as we like to think and, if the fan base does really include people with the skills required, I suspect they may well already have a full time job to hold down.

I genuinely wish anyone involved in such a concept the best of luck and they will all the support I can.

IMO the only way this could work is out of necessity, ie should the worst happen and we cease to trade we start again lower down the pyramid and grow the new club organically.

id rather that didn’t happen though, although there’d be some good away days.

15 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Both@AutoWindscreens & myself have addressed this point already - really would like to bury it as a 'problem'.

Let me be emphatic. We can turn RamsTrust into whatever we want. RamsTrust is currently a small group of supporters but if we decided to buy the club, we'd all end up joining RT to get a say in how the club is run, meaning it would reflect the fanbase as a whole. New people can be elected to the Board at RT & it is one member one vote. Therefore we can dilute whatever personalities have annoyed people in the past.

Quite true, LeedsCityRam

Trolling and cynicism has little place if fans want successful, meaningful action and effective participation.

One big shake-up needed if fans really wished to revive the whole idea!

Edited by Woodypecker

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

A fan owned club might work non league or lower league, but not a this level.

Germany has a good idea with fans owning a big stake in all clubs, but that’s league wide.

waiting 28 days is just wasting time for a new buyer to step in.

Waiting 28 days is a waste of time but last time the 3 Amigos £3 within a second had control of the club