A Supporters Trust

bimmerman

Supporters Trust/Consortium POLL!!!!  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I love the idea and really hope it gets off the ground however:

None of us have any experience of running a football club, some of us are probably not as talented and knowledgeable as we like to think and, if the fan base does really include people with the skills required, I suspect they may well already have a full time job to hold down.

I genuinely wish anyone involved in such a concept the best of luck and they will all the support I can.

To be brutally honest, its not the experience of running a football club that's the issue - its experience of running a business we need. There will be plenty in our fanbase who have held senior management positions in companies much larger than Derby (turnover of £30m certainly isn't that large by corporate standards). its that discipline allied to strategic/problem solving savvy that we need.

With regard to time, obviously the Trust would need full time members of staff to run the club rather than it being a side line & ideally would be looking for those who are very experienced/potentially at a time in their career when they're doing a bit of freelance consultancy work

18 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Havent we just been fan owned, look how well that has gone

No, we were owned by one man. This model seeks to extend ownership to every DCFC fan - that's the distinction

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

A fan owned club might work non league or lower league, but not a this level.

Germany has a good idea with fans owning a big stake in all clubs, but that’s league wide.

waiting 28 days is just wasting time for a new buyer to step in.

Based on all the incidences of it being tried at this level? And you have faith that a mystery new buyer would want to consistently spend over & above our turnover & do so responsibly? There are plenty more SISUs/3 Amigos/Erik Alonsos than Sheikh Mansours out there...

Will there be a minimum investment?  What about all those fans who want to be involved but haven't got a pot to pi55 in?

What if the majority on here want to commit to fan ownership but Ramstrust has already said no?

Is there a website for them?  How do you get 1000's of people involved at short notice without a central, easily accessible, point of contact?

Don't understand why people are just shooting this idea down. 

Raising sufficient funds to pay the debts is the big issue here, followed by addressing the most expensive outgoings. Governance etc. can be sorted with a common sense approach. 

I'm keen to support a fan owned model as much as I can. @LeedsCityRam do you have a view as to the roadmap needed over the next few weeks to get us in a position to do it?

28 minutes ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

Raising sufficient funds to pay the debts is the big issue here, followed by addressing the most expensive outgoings. Governance etc. can be sorted with a common sense approach. 

I'm keen to support a fan owned model as much as I can. @LeedsCityRam do you have a view as to the roadmap needed over the next few weeks to get us in a position to do it?

There will always will be doom merchants who won't even consider things even when we we are in desperate times. 

1 hour ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Will there be a minimum investment?  What about all those fans who want to be involved but haven't got a pot to pi55 in?

What if the majority on here want to commit to fan ownership but Ramstrust has already said no?

Is there a website for them?  How do you get 1000's of people involved at short notice without a central, easily accessible, point of contact?

I'd imagine under a fan ownership group, they'd be plenty of opportunities for volunteering.

19 minutes ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

Dont understand either.  It feels like its sort of now or never really. I am keen to support any fan ownership/funding. 

47 minutes ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

I certainly do - draft roadmap at bottom of this post. The first obstacle is getting a group of fans on this forum to come together, discuss timings to the actions we agree & different approaches to the challenge. Much though I hate Zoom/Teams calls after the past 18 months, that seems as good a method as any of getting people from disparate locations into 'one room'. The added complication is Ramstrust seemingly not interested in making a bid but that could be discussed also - the impetus needs to come from somewhere & no reason why it couldn't be this forum.

image.thumb.png.5007946fd16056d49ee8975e875c374c.png

15 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I certainly do - draft roadmap at bottom of this post. The first obstacle is getting a group of fans on this forum to come together, discuss timings to the actions we agree & different approaches to the challenge. Much though I hate Zoom/Teams calls after the past 18 months, that seems as good a method as any of getting people from disparate locations into 'one room'. The added complication is Ramstrust seemingly not interested in making a bid but that could be discussed also - the impetus needs to come from somewhere & no reason why it couldn't be this forum.

image.thumb.png.5007946fd16056d49ee8975e875c374c.png

Let's start with point one then - the 73 forum members who have said yes in the poll. 

Can we get a separate forum channel or something set up to get the discussions going?

Probably need to assign roles and get a call in asap to get the ball rolling.

Funding wise you're going to need probably 15 or so high value local boys done good chipping in a million each. Not out of the realms of possibility for the likes of Horan, O'Connell, Gadsby, The Don et al.

Crowd funding wise for us regular plebs, I see a pay what you can afford approach to buy yourself one vote on all matters. 30,000 fans chucking in £100 on average each gets you another 3 mil. Utilise Twitter well and you may even get non Rams fans donating.

Then probably going to need to target need local businesses to pledge whatever they can for some community brownie points.

Uphill battle for money for sure but doable.

Needs a figurehead to emerge from the shadows to front it.

Edited by JoetheRam

31 minutes ago, dabber said:

Cloud cuckoo land I know, but If Ryan Reynolds could get involved at Wrexham then surely Niall Horan, Jack O'Connell (Hollywood connections) et al could get involved at Derby?

What am I missing? We had a rich owner. He lost a lot of money. If he carries on, he loses more , every single week.

Why would the new rich people want anything to do with that?

26 minutes ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

Let's start with point one then - the 73 forum members who have said yes in the poll. 

Can we get a separate forum channel or something set up to get the discussions going?

Probably need to assign roles and get a call in asap to get the ball rolling.

Yes that makes sense, a separate thread for those interested - will need to be pinned I think but not sure how that works (if any mods can advise?)

Allows folk to express interest/throw ideas around & then off the back of that, can arrange a call to allocate roles/agree actions

56 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

What am I missing? We had a rich owner. He lost a lot of money. If he carries on, he loses more , every single week.

Why would the new rich people want anything to do with that?

So we should just give up and that is the end of Derby then is it!?

Some rich person needs to get involved and if RR with no links to Wrexham decided to get involved perhaps various rich folks with an affinity for Derby might??

We seem to be in a more sustainable situation currently, so could come out the other side of this not losing millions a month.

The alternative is not coming out the other side

Edited by dabber
Typo

I think even if a new rich ownership group does take over it is time to have fan representation and maybe this forum could drive that (if the fans cannot provide their own sound business plan to takeover completely). Maybe some form of shareholder model where at least the fans own a piece of the club and an open dialogue with said owners.