Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

I’ll give you that, and good gif usage. Laugh it up while you can. We did when you were losing to Yeovil. Football goes in cycles. It’ll be your turn again before too long. 

Something tells me we’ll be laughing at your misfortune for a very long time. 

You think the championship is hard to get out of, just wait until you’re operating on a shoestring budget and into multiple years of embargo. Every tinpot outfit raising their game for the mighty Derby County.. it’s miserable

And potentially starting the season on -15? You're going to have fun. 

52 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

You think the championship is hard to get out of, just wait until you’re operating on a shoestring budget and into multiple years of embargo. Every tinpot outfit raising their game for the mighty Derby County.. it’s miserable

You're ducking obsessed pal.

Have a cuppa, go for a walk, fingerblast your sister again. We all understand your deep-rooted sense of inadequacy resulting from nearly 2 decades worth of rank mediocrity, but whilst we sympathise, there must be more to your life than posting asinine, resentful, humourless bilge on a rival team's forum?

Seriously, by all means laugh as much and as long as you really feel the need to, but you'll still be you at the end of it, much as that prospect undoubtedly sucks chubbies ?‍♀️

37 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

You're ducking obsessed pal.

Have a cuppa, go for a walk, fingerblast your sister again. We all understand your deep-rooted sense of inadequacy resulting from nearly 2 decades worth of rank mediocrity, but whilst we sympathise, there must be more to your life than posting asinine, resentful, humourless bilge on a rival team's forum?

Seriously, by all means laugh as much and as long as you really feel the need to, but you'll still be you at the end of it, much as that prospect undoubtedly sucks chubbies ?‍♀️

Bless. He tried his hard not to show it.. 

05815E9B-AB5A-459B-97D7-DABDA69FB863.gif

3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

It will still be enjoyable - doesn't matter what league we're in. Neither of us is ever winning a major trophy again, so if that's all you are watching for you may as well give up now. As long as the club survives we're not bothered about being in League one - nice to have a bit of variety for a change.

We've been under embargo for most of the last 2 years anyway and we're still not allowed to sign new contracts - keep up duck. Despite all of this we've had one of the most enjoyable seasons in a long time. I know you want us to be unhappy, but you are going to be very disappointed if you think dropping down a league is going to make us go into meltdown ?.

Maybe you can go and reminisce with your new friend - he seems to be stuck in the past like the rest of you. If you could do us a favour and let him know we sold Will Hughes about 5 years ago it would be appreciated.  

58 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

How can you be so sure

Because thats how modern football is. 

Forever is a long time, but major reform is needed in both the Prem and the EFL if the stranglehold of a handful of teams is ever going to be broken.

You need to spend money to get to the top and even if we had a rich owner they'd be prevented from doing so by FFP all whilst watching teams spend hundreds of millions completely within the rules. We were breaking transfer records for our title wins - we won't ever be doing that again either

10 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Forever is a long time, but major reform is needed in both the Prem and the EFL if the stranglehold of a handful of teams is ever going to be broken.

You need to spend money to get to the top and even if we had a rich owner they'd be prevented from doing so by FFP all whilst watching teams spend hundreds of millions completely within the rules. We were breaking transfer records for our title wins - we won't ever be doing that again either

What are you on about?! The Papa John’s trophy has our name all over it. 

23 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Leicester won the FA cup just last year. They could potentially win a European trophy this year, so could West Ham. I remember Swansea and Birmingham winning the league cup a few years ago. With Newcastle's owners you'd think they will compete in years to come. I look at Leicester who were in the exact same position as us just a few years ago. But look at them now. Derby are a bigger club historically and fanbase wise. To say that we'll never win a major title again is a big statement. Football works in cycles. We'll be back.

Edited by Rammy03

17 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I can’t wait for you to play in that.. happy memories 

I’m honestly looking forward to a potentially good cup run. I don’t really care what the trophy is. Could be another chance to visit our second hike at Wembley. Remember, you can always ask us for directions if you need them, as well as the number for a decent grief counsellor when you lose. 

9 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Leicester won the FA cup just last year. They could potentially win a European trophy this year, so could West Ham. I remember Swansea and Birmingham winning the league cup a few years ago. With Newcastle's owners you'd think they will compete in years to come. I look at Leicester who were in the exact same position as us just a few years ago. But look at them now. Derby are a bigger club historically and fanbase wise. To say that we'll never win a major title again is a big statement. Football works in cycles. We'll be back.

Football doesnt work in cycles. The top teams  have a noose around the neck of the game and every rule change is designed to protect their position. Its been 50 years since we won anything and more than 20 since we spent any significant time in the top division. How long is this cycle of yours supposed to last?

Leicester winning the league and fa cup was only doable with a phenomenal owner who is very rich. If every club becomes very rich then it is no longer an advantage. I guarantee that the likes of leicester will never win the european cup in its current format.

6 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Football doesnt work in cycles. The top teams  have a noose around the neck of the game and every rule change is designed to protect their position. Its been 50 years since we won anything and more than 20 since we spent any significant time in the top division. How long is this cycle of yours supposed to last?

Leicester winning the league and fa cup was only doable with a phenomenal owner who is very rich. If every club becomes very rich then it is no longer an advantage. I guarantee that the likes of leicester will never win the european cup in its current format.

It’s fairly indicative of life really, the rich and powerful only change the system when it benefits them, they have no incentive to try to even the playing field.

The rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and the gap increases exponentially. It’s very sad, because it’s supposed to be a sporting competition. Whereas we know life is not fair, and is unlikely to ever be, at least you’d hope the governing bodies of a sport would do what they can to make the sport fair. That’s the whole point of sport and rules existing in a game. 

There’s still the odd chance of a smaller club winning something. But Liverpool will win the quadruple this year, just to hammer home the point of how dominant just a few clubs are. Every other club is starting at an immediate disadvantage  like if you’ve seen those videos about white prívele he where everyone takes a step forward if they’ve had various advantages in life, that would be the top 5 or 6 clubs getting the massive head start and the big advantages, and everyone else is left on the starting line. 

I’m genuinely looking forward to having a stab at the papa johns next season. I’d celebrate winning that like it was the FA Cup. It probably is the only realistic chance of getting silver wear in our life time. 

People poo poo the europa conference league. But that at least opens a door for the littler clubs to aim for something. I’d be well happy if I was Leicester going for that trophy. 

11 hours ago, Crewton said:

Kin 'ell! Fighting over a feckin pie ? Not sure what the one fecker is saying but I think it's either 'don't bully meh' or some comment on his pie-based bulimia. TBH, every **** there looks like they ate all the feckin pies anyway. Don't they have gyms in Notts?