Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

45 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

It’s really interesting to watch the stages of grief. I thought you might have moved past lashing out to acceptance by now. 

It's not half as interesting as it is to watch you lot obsessing about us and inventing fantasies that even the Brothers Grimm (that's the Germans, not Steve and Kenny btw) would reject. 

You've accused us of burying our heads in the sand about Mel Morris, and yet here you are refusing to contemplate that something that smells fishy might just turn out to be rotting fish. Of course, wealthy Greeks are used to "getting away with it" in their home country, but he may not be so lucky if the authorities in other jurisdictions decide to dig deeper, if indeed he is involved in nefarious activities as many people have alleged. 

And you should really stop being so precious - one of your fans on Twitter has started a petition to lobby the Government to ensure that HMRC don't compromise on our debt. It seems we're not the only ones who haven't moved past the "lashing out" phase. 

23 minutes ago, nottingram said:

A post that could almost have been written by a Derby fan c. 2019

Someone suggested we have 200m of debts. That just isn’t factually accurate and I merely corrected him that judging on current assessment of our accounts, we seem to be doing fine and largely in line with other championship outfits. 

Again, beyond speculation, there’s nothing to suggest we’re in immediate financial trouble. That’s in direct contrast with the shenanigans of Morris, whose activities coined the phrase “doing a Derby”, aka findings any loophole possible to try and fiddle the books and avoid paying what he owed. 

Our situations aren’t even remotely comparable. Lashing out because of your situation won’t help. It’s just abit sad.. 

Edited by Red_Dawn

6 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

aka findings any loophole possible to try and fiddle the books and avoid paying what he owed. 

the loopholes were actually to put more money into the club, or perhaps hide losses/overspend (whichever way you look at it). Mel, up until dumping the club, had never tried to avoid paying what he owed.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

the loopholes were actually to put more money into the club, or perhaps hide losses/overspend (whichever way you look at it). Mel, up until dumping the club, had never tried to avoid paying what he owed.

That, my friend, is absolute nonsense. 

23 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Someone suggested we have 200m of debts. That just isn’t factually accurate and I merely corrected him that judging on current assessment of our accounts, we seem to be doing fine and largely in line with other championship outfits. 

Again, beyond speculation, there’s nothing to suggest we’re in immediate financial trouble. That’s in direct contrast with the shenanigans of Morris, whose activities coined the phrase “doing a Derby”, aka findings any loophole possible to try and fiddle the books and avoid paying what he owed. 

Our situations aren’t even remotely comparable. Lashing out because of your situation won’t help. It’s just abit sad.

I'd avoid going down that road

36 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Our situations aren’t even remotely comparable. Lashing out because of your situation won’t help. It’s just abit sad.. 

The difference between Derby, and Forest and most Championship clubs in fact, is that Derby’s owner pulled the plug. There is very little else. You’re incredibly naive if you think Forest and Boro and whoever else are not exploiting every possible loophole they can find. 

Saying Forest’s finances are in line with other Championship clubs is a weird boast. They’re all a mess where spending nearly double their turnover on wages alone seems to be acceptable. Derby were ran terribly, Forest are ran terribly, everyone is ran terribly. Relying on selling Brennan Johnson if you don’t go up is a terrible idea because it’s a volatile market. His knee could go pop tomorrow.

I don’t mind admitting I didn’t expect a self-proclaimed Derby fan to pull the plug and leave us in this state. I dare say that was naive and if I cared to look the signs were there. Let’s not pretend the same couldn’t happen to any team in this league who’s owner has had enough of writing cheques for millions a month.

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

So selling players to your sister club in Turkey could be accurately described as ‘doing a derby’ then?

Our owner pulled the plug, and he was a self confessed derby fan. You’re club is a play thing / tax dodge for your owner, as it was for Fawaz. You don’t think he’ll pull the plug in a heartbeat at the slightest sign of trouble?

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

You lot have literally been saying this for years.. and the 200m you quote from Maguire are not debts. They’re losses over the past 10 years. By Maguire's own admission our losses are average by comparison with other championship clubs.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/football-finance-expert-kieran-maguires-5132226.amp

There’s no evidence to suggest we’re in financial trouble, and let’s be honest, if we don’t go up, the Johnson sale will likely offset most of the costs we have. 

Does shifting over to some fantasy about Forest going under make you feel better about your own dire circumstances?

It’s really interesting to watch the stages of grief. I thought you might have moved past lashing out to acceptance by now. 

Bored Dog Show GIF by NOWNESS

3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

judging on current assessment of our accounts, we seem to be doing fine and largely in line with other championship outfits. 

That's rather similar to what the 2nd Violin in the Orchestra on the Titanic said.

4 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Still cannot believe that you lot are prepared to shut your eyes , stick your fingers in your ears and shout lala lala about your owner when it's obvious to all that there is something very dodgy about him 

The irony of this post being made by a Derby fan on a Derby forum is absolutely hilarious ? 

Also, just because it’s “written on the internet” (are you the guy who just quoted Wikipedia at me?) doesn’t make it true..

Am I Right Timothy Olyphant GIF