Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I don't see many Doughty jokes really mate although perhaps there on a different platform. I do remember that he stopped taking his children to Forest games though because of the abuse they used to get .  About the same time Forest fans began singing about Robbie Savages dad dying from dementia whenever he got near them.

You don't see them on here because David runs a tight ship, and the kind of people that would joke about that don't last long here.

It definitely happens at games though. Pretty much every Saturday away game this season (certainly the first six months) has had pockets of people singing the Doughty song.

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It definitely happens at games though. Pretty much every Saturday away game this season (certainly the first six months) has had pockets of people singing the Doughty song.

The point is no one does it on here and, if they did, the mods would remove it and ban them. Over there, even the mods join in the "shitz n'giggles bantz". Yet it's "us" that are morally bankrupt, apparently. 

I will be honest here, for all I love to mock the afflicted, make fun of their dew claws, take much humour in the failings of their hopes and dreams, I've met, worked with, chatted to had drinks with vairious people who support forest over the years, and by and large they are just regular people trying to cope with misfortune of their forest indoctronation.

Yes, when we play each other, things get silly, i want them to lose every match they play, same as most forest fans probable have a wee chuckle every time we lose.

But they're human beings at the end of the day.

not like leeds fans. leeds fans are *redacted*

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I will be honest here, for all I love to mock the afflicted, make fun of their dew claws, take much humour in the failings of their hopes and dreams, I've met, worked with, chatted to had drinks with vairious people who support forest over the years, and by and large they are just regular people trying to cope with misfortune of their forest indoctronation.

Yes, when we play each other, things get silly, i want them to lose every match they play, same as most forest fans probable have a wee chuckle every time we lose.

Like this one

30 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Like this one

Jokes about paedophiles too eh. You'd think they'd be a bit more sensitive to the victims of the Nottinghamshire Children's Homes scandal, since many of the locations involved are Forest strongholds. But we're talking about man-babies here, not empathetic, mature adults. 

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think the hatred is more on the Forest side. For some reason, over the last few years, they seem absolutely besotted with us, beyond the normal tribal stuff. 

3 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I think the hatred is more on the Forest side. For some reason, over the last few years, they seem absolutely besotted with us, beyond the normal tribal stuff. 

Probably cos we’ve been quite good over the past decade. We’ve been in the premier league while their greatest achievement was getting promoted from league 1. It’s amazing the amount of bitterness and resentment that can create. 

it’s like how burton seemed to really hate us when they we in the championship. I think of them as a little brother. I have no Ill will towards them. Forest have been so non-threatening that they’re in danger of being given the same status.

let them have their day in the sun. Like a big brother letting the little brother win a fight every now and then. They’ll crow about it for a bit. But deep down they know we’re always going to be dad’s favourite. 

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Like this one

To be fair, I suspect most clubs would have welcomed him with open arms “When he was alive”.  He was a popular guy, publicly speaking at least. 
His unforgivable scumminess didn’t come to light until after his death, did it?  

(or is my memory playing tricks?) ?‍♂️

9 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

To be fair, I suspect most clubs would have welcomed him with open arms “When he was alive”.  He was a popular guy, publicly speaking at least. 
His unforgivable scumminess didn’t come to light until after his death, did it?  

(or is my memory playing tricks?) ?‍♂️

Yeah, it came out after he'd died.

I always struggled with why is he popular? just assumed it was other or old people who liked him.

7 minutes ago, Crewton said:

More enlightened commentary that puts us to shame. Wouldn't you just want to be one of their daughters? Screenshot_20220408-235806-01.jpeg.b422a6d706d68c474deab11e2b0da043.jpeg

Apparently mate you might be making their Arthur Lowe list.  Planning on making a banner it seems with his face on, not that anyone outside Mordor will get the joke, as no one actually seems to know who the feck this 'world famous' team are.  Seeing as Arthur Lowe was a huge Derby County fan however, I'll look forward to one of our own being celebrated in such style at their shed.  Morons.

On 07/04/2022 at 19:10, ossieram said:

See you didn't comment on the quoted post from your own forum!

Do you think I'm responsible for policing content over there, does that make you responsible for every insult I've had leveraged at me over here? And trust me - there's been a lot. 

Philpotts is a scumbag yet his kids were innocent. They shouldn't be sources of jokes as far as I'm concerned. Totally wrong.

However, while we're getting all high and mighty. Neither should there be callous jokes made about our our owner just weeks after he died, with what seemed like half of your stadium singing it (and before you start, I was in attendance for my only game at PP, there were thousands joining in).

In other news - turns out if it walks like a clown, talks like a clown.. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10701181/Derby-County-Doubts-emerge-Chris-Kirchners-takeover-bid-deadline-approaches.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top 

I'd hope Quantuma have a plan B, although wouldn't trust them as far as I could chuck them to be honest. 

Edited by Red_Dawn

24 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

However, while we're getting all high and mighty. Neither should there be callous jokes made about our our owner just weeks after he died, with what seemed like half of your stadium singing it (and before you start, I was in attendance for my only game at PP, there were thousands joining in).

Well said about the Philpott stuff, but if you're talking about the game in which Shaun Barker was stretchered off, I was there but over in the North-East corner and didn't hear those chants, so the likelihood of there being "thousands joining in" seems highly exaggerated. They definitely happened though, because a Derby fan I know heard them and wrote into the DET condemning them and calling for the fans involved to be identified and banned, as did others. I also believe reports from fans who go to more away games than I do that some of the younger idiots among the away contingent still sing it, which I also think is despicable. I'm also led to believe that, at the game I previously referred to, when Shaun Barker was being treated on the pitch for the injury that pretty much ended his career, Forest fans were chanting "let him die", which is arguably in even poorer taste. So we've both got fans who don't know where to draw the line, yeah? 

No-one expects you to stop posters posting poor taste jokes, but condemning them on your own forum isn't too much to ask. One or two of your fellow fans have done so, and I applaud them for that. 

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Apparently mate you might be making their Arthur Lowe list.  Planning on making a banner it seems with his face on, not that anyone outside Mordor will get the joke, as no one actually seems to know who the feck this 'world famous' team are.  Seeing as Arthur Lowe was a huge Derby County fan however, I'll look forward to one of our own being celebrated in such style at their shed.  Morons.

Great, I love Dad's Army. 

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Well said about the Philpott stuff, but if you're talking about the game in which Shaun Barker was stretchered off, I was there but over in the North-East corner and didn't hear those chants, so the likelihood of there being "thousands joining in" seems highly exaggerated. They definitely happened though, because a Derby fan I know heard them and wrote into the DET condemning them and calling for the fans involved to be identified and banned, as did others. I also believe reports from fans who go to more away games than I do that some of the younger idiots among the away contingent still sing it, which I also think is despicable. I'm also led to believe that, at the game I previously referred to, when Shaun Barker was being treated on the pitch for the injury that pretty much ended his career, Forest fans were chanting "let him die", which is arguably in even poorer taste. So we've both got fans who don't know where to draw the line, yeah? 

No-one expects you to stop posters posting poor taste jokes, but condemning them on your own forum isn't too much to ask. One or two of your fellow fans have done so, and I applaud them for that. 

That’s how I remember it also 

3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Do you think I'm responsible for policing content over there, does that make you responsible for every insult I've had leveraged at me over here? And trust me - there's been a lot. 

Philpotts is a scumbag yet his kids were innocent. They shouldn't be sources of jokes as far as I'm concerned. Totally wrong.

In other news - turns out if it walks like a clown, talks like a clown.. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10701181/Derby-County-Doubts-emerge-Chris-Kirchners-takeover-bid-deadline-approaches.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top 

I'd hope Quantuma have a plan B, although wouldn't trust them as far as I could chuck them to be honest. 

I didn't think you were responsible for policing the site, but I know if the same sort of comments were posted on here about one of your lot, they wouldn't be on here for long.

As for the insults to you on here! I'd say they were pretty tame for saying you're a treetard that comes on here mainly to try and wind up the locals. Personally I'd ban you. 

I don't recall getting high and mighty either. 

I didn't agree with or join in with the majority of songs about your previous owner, but I couldn't be doing with the false grieving from large sections of your fanbase who heaped pressure on him with their protests against him and that is why I started the chant about you wanting him gone.

2 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

LOL. So let me get this right. You’re having a go at me for not personally calling out unsavoury posts, yet you admit not only joining in, but also starting chants about our  owner who’d passed away just weeks before? 

You’re not just a hypocrite.. 

https://youtu.be/xXyT1vy3BII

I didn't join in with chants about him dying, I started a chant about your fans wanting him gone.

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

You are in a much worse state than we were and I think you’ll struggle to stay up if it gets that far. 

Who cares just as long as we’ve still got a club. And we’ll still be playing Forest, it’ll just be Forest Green Rovers!