Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Hmm ok.  I'll worry when the grounds half empty because we sold someone, until them were OK. Keep those 100 quid season tickets going for all students under pension age . 

The errors made in the last few years are well documented. However, if we are talking attendances, I think there were two watershed moments in the Fawaz Al-Hasawi reign. Firstly was the departure of Stuart Pearce. An impressive 28,028 saw Pearce triumphantly stride out of the tunnel against Blackpool to the adoration of every Forest fan. It was just over two years ago and it seems much longer doesn’t it? For fans of a certain age, a little bit of Nottingham Forest died when Pearce was sacked. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the decision, I think many fans’ enthusiasm withered as his team slipped from defeat to defeat. I wonder how many season tickets were not renewed?

The second watershed was the sale of Oliver Burke earlier this year. The teenager had inspired three home wins in August alone and there was a small flicker of hope. The sale of Burke extinguished not only any hope for the season, but also all remaining support for the ownership. Without hope, the gates began to fall once again – down to 15,864 against Preston just recently – the worst attendance since the League One days.

@Red_Dawn told ya!

Animated GIF

44 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Keeping the lights on at the City Ground with 'blood' oil? ?

https://mobile.twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1504222661244825601

I shall pop an e mail of to my MP post haste.  We cannot let the integrity of the sport be tarnished in this way.  Busy body from Bulwell has been insisting that we pay ever penny of tax owed or liquidate since September, so I am sure they'll expect nothing less than maximum sanctions.  I suggest we all do the same. 

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I shall pop an e mail of to my MP post haste.  We cannot let the integrity of the sport be tarnished in this way.  Busy body from Bulwell has been insisting that we pay ever penny of tax owed or liquidate since September, so I am sure they'll expect nothing less than maximum sanctions.  I suggest we all do the same. 

You do realise that Europe is still massively subservient on Russian, of which Marinakis is presumably supplying? There isn’t a total ban on Russian products, including oil. 

If there was, lots of people across Europe would be pretty cold right now.

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/eu-tighten-sanctions-russian-oil-companies-stops-short-import-ban-source-2022-03-14/

Maybe Marinakis is shipping your cheque to Lech Poznań for the Jozwiak trade.. who knows? 

Edited by Red_Dawn

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

You do realise that Europe is still massively subservient on Russian, of which Marinakis is presumably supplying? There isn’t a total ban on Russian products, including oil. 

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/eu-tighten-sanctions-russian-oil-companies-stops-short-import-ban-source-2022-03-14/

Maybe Marinakis is shipping your cheque to Lech Poznań for the Jozwiak trade.. who knows? 

Supplying at a huge profit to himself I'm sure.  Perhaps he could remove the profit element from this venture by doing it for free but I doubt it.  He'll keep funding the effort.  Anyway, best to let parliament have a look and make those decisions.

Lobby your MP everyone, we can't let this happen.

46 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I remember back when we Derby fans used to defend everything our owner did, and that was just run a football club very badly and wind a few others up in the process.

I remember when forest fans sang Fawaz is our leader.

Ultimately, you've mostly got to put your trust and faith in the ownership for the most part. That's one reason why people get so angry when the ownership let the club down.

4 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Tonight Show Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon       Wow Dawny thinks hes funny this morning

1 hour ago, nottingram said:

I remember back when we Derby fans used to defend everything our owner did, and that was just run a football club very badly and wind a few others up in the process.

Everyone does it. Look at Newcastle, Man City, Chelsea, etc.

He's not on the same level, but I'm going to attempt to resist hero worshipping Mike Ashley when he inevitably comes riding in as the white knight.

16 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Everyone does it. Look at Newcastle, Man City, Chelsea, etc.

He's not on the same level, but I'm going to attempt to resist hero worshipping Mike Ashley when he inevitably comes riding in as the white knight.

Yes, sadly football does funny things to people.

I am glad the worst thing I have felt I had to defend is our owner selling a stadium to himself, and not, and I must stress I am plucking this scenario out of thin air, arranging an arson attack on the business of someone he wished to intimidate, or profiting from being in business with a country currently invading another.

It is a shame, but sportswashing, to differing degrees, is proven to be very effective.