Has the parking situation improved for this season?

Steadybreeze

Just wonder whats been happening out around the Tile place/Chadd footbridge since the last games at PP. We used to park in Chadd over the footbridge or Toys 'R Us or the Tile place. Before Covis stuck it was a mess and we were having to park along Chequers Road, sometimes almost as far out as The Pentagon.

Anything sorted about the new footbridge yet? is there still street parking in Chadd, i think they were trying to stop it at one point issuing fines and the like.

We usually park in Chad, toys R us is fenced off so no parking, the fireplace building has been flattened so no parking there either. The new bridge is in place and wider than the old one.Walked over it for Man U and Real Bettis but not too busy for those games.

4 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

We usually park in Chad, toys R us is fenced off so no parking, the fireplace building has been flattened so no parking there either. The new bridge is in place and wider than the old one.Walked over it for Man U and Real Bettis but not too busy for those games.

Thanks, is the parking situation in Chadd still the same then?. I thought the council were looking to stop on street parking there after complaints from the locals

21 minutes ago, Steadybreeze said:

Thanks, is the parking situation in Chadd still the same then?. I thought the council were looking to stop on street parking there after complaints from the locals

Last time I tried to park in Chadd, the locals were out in high vis jackets pointing to some home made signs they'd clipped to lamp posts. It certainly wasn't official, but I didn't chance having my car keyed by ignoring them!

This was behind the shops on Nottingham Rd mind, closer to the ground near the cemetery was less problematic.

Is there still parking at the Premier Inn about a mile from the ground? The one where they used to ask for a £5 charity donation but now have a different system? 

Apologies for the vagueness but I'm an outsider and don't know the name of the roads.

50 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Is there still parking at the Premier Inn about a mile from the ground? The one where they used to ask for a £5 charity donation but now have a different system? 

Apologies for the vagueness but I'm an outsider and don't know the name of the roads.

Yes booked my space for Sat, still a fiver . Easy on the yourparkingspace app.

9 minutes ago, MidWalesRam said:

Yes booked my space for Sat, still a fiver . Easy on the yourparkingspace app.

Ah great, thank you. I didn't know you had to do it online so I'll sort that tomorrow.

Edit: it's Stanier Way, Wyvern Business Park isn't it?

Edited by Rampant

7 hours ago, Rampant said:

Ah great, thank you. I didn't know you had to do it online so I'll sort that tomorrow.

Edit: it's Stanier Way, Wyvern Business Park isn't it?

Yes that's the one. You can pay on your phone when you get there but I found it a bit of a faff, much easier to do it online in advance.

A few years ago, when I lived in Notts, I used to park at the old fireplace lot. Is this not there anymore? Mostly park at the train station or streets around the "town" side of the station and don't have an issue. 

13 hours ago, Rev said:

Last time I tried to park in Chadd, the locals were out in high vis jackets pointing to some home made signs they'd clipped to lamp posts. It certainly wasn't official, but I didn't chance having my car keyed by ignoring them!

This was behind the shops on Nottingham Rd mind, closer to the ground near the cemetery was less problematic.

Don't blame them I suppose, some of the parking over there is crazy on match days. We'll give it a go and see what happens

40 minutes ago, Steadybreeze said:

Don't blame them I suppose, some of the parking over there is crazy on match days. We'll give it a go and see what happens

So long as there's no parking on double yellows or blocking of driveways there's surely nothing they can do.