Wayne is doing his best but !

Curtains

7 hours ago, Warwick Ram said:

Why do fans always quote the Clough and Ferguson situation in some vain hope of things improving. For one Clough had a very good assistant who could spot a talented player and a chairman who at that time backed him. Ferguson has a previous track record of winning so him being successful at some point was likely with some patient. Rooney’s record towards the end of the season was appalling. He could have been sacked at the end of the season. In my opinion he only has the job because he is already on our wage bill. It saves Mel some money whereas a new manager would mean new wages plus having to back them and Mel does not want that. Save every penny (apart from the jolly to a luxurious training camp).

Yes but Rooney had a playing career second to none. 

Let’s hope he can have a great managerial career 

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Yes but Rooney had a playing career second to none. 

Let’s hope he can have a great managerial career 

So did Bobby Moore, Bobby Charlton, Bryan Robson etc but none were any good as managers. I don’t think being a great player necessarily means someone is cut out to be a good manager. 

33 minutes ago, Jayram said:

So did Bobby Moore, Bobby Charlton, Bryan Robson etc but none were any good as managers. I don’t think being a great player necessarily means someone is cut out to be a good manager. 

Sir Alex, Arsene and the Chosen one weren’t much good on the pitch….

1 hour ago, Jayram said:

I agree but that wasn’t my point. 

My point is Clough and Ferguson had bad seasons initially at respective clubs 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

And your point ! 

I love your implied confusion Curtains…..I will try and keep it nice and simple. You were comparing Wazza with Sir Alex ….yes, he had a difficult start at Manure like Wazza has had with us…..the big difference being though he already had established credibility with his record at Aberdeen, unlike Wazza who hasn’t even got his badges. Understand the difference ?

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I love your implied confusion Curtains…..I will try and keep it nice and simple. You were comparing Wazza with Sir Alex ….yes, he had a difficult start at Manure like Wazza has had with us…..the big difference being though he already had established credibility with his record at Aberdeen, unlike Wazza who hasn’t even got his badges. Understand the difference ?

No mate I wasn’t comparing Brian and Alex with Rooney regarding managerial competency I was just pointing out that Brian and Alex had poor first season starts at Derby and Man U respectively.

Of course the managerial records are light years away but Rooney is still very young.

He may yet if not at Derby be a very good manager. 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

No mate I wasn’t comparing Brian and Alex with Rooney regarding managerial competency I was just pointing out that Brian and Alex had poor first season starts at Derby and Man U respectively.

Of course the managerial records are light years away but Rooney is still very young.

He may yet if not at Derby be a very good manager. 

Clough was a better comparison, but we can agree that we want Wazza to get better. I would love nothing better than for you to spoon feed me humble pie Curtains ???

23 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Clough was a better comparison, but we can agree that we want Wazza to get better. I would love nothing better than for you to spoon feed me humble pie Curtains ???

Even Clough cannot be compared..yes we finished one place lower than the previous season .I was there!....but he was building a team who would go on to smash that division the next season..and a team who many were crowned League Champions a few years later.Can anyone imagine this bunch Rooney has cobbled together will be Premier League Champions in 2025?

17 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not entirely true. EFL say okay to the amortisation then say 'you did what?', we meant no. Covid isn't Mel's fault. There's other things too.

our definition of the policy was misleading even the club confirms this

19 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

Even Clough cannot be compared..yes we finished one place lower than the previous season .I was there!....but he was building a team who would go on to smash that division the next season..and a team who many were crowned League Champions a few years later.Can anyone imagine this bunch Rooney has cobbled together will be Premier League Champions in 2025?

Ask Roy Mac ?

Surely getting around the current hard embargo problem should be relatively easy?

Get one of the local semi-pro clubs to help out. Look at all the youngsters who are currently counted as senior players and decide which ones are unlikely to be ready for any involvement in the first team. Give them all free transfers to, say, Mickleover, with Derby paying their wages. Then bring them in as trialists (can still train with and play for DCFC below first team level) once the we've bought in the necessary first team freebies and loans. Once the embargo situation is fully resolved, we just bring them back in on their original contracts.