Luke Varney

Day

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, i'll go t'foot of our stairs..... not an 'undisclosed fee'... my my, the board are slipping, we know they've got a few bob now dont we.... :eek:

That's just paper talk and possibly the full value including add ons, when the clubs announce it it will be undisclosed.

Whilst I'm not one to question infinite wisdom, without any mention of a sell on clause you can't just say that its logical. If you think about it I think they would have taken a mil with some add ons after 5 games or so and ran. I'm not sure if they were confident that we'd ever sell him on and at his age he's not exactly going to get drastically more valuable is he.

The accounts give figures (as at 30th June) of "Maximum liability under sell on clauses" as follows:-

2010 £1.809m

2009 £1.463m

2008 £1.550m

Unfortunately,it's not particularly easy to tie down,as players carrying a liability could have been sold and new ones brought in during any given period.

We can only guess that the 2010 figure will feature Brayford and Bailey,and possibly Moxey and Barker.Steve Davis may even feature,as I've a feeling it may have formed part of the compensation package.

The actual heading implies that clauses are capped,which I didn't know.

No sell on for Davies, the compensation included payments for promotion within 3 minutes and appearances.

This figure comprises an initial fee of £275,000, an extra £250,000 based on appearances and an additional £200,000 if Derby win promotion to the Premiership within 3 years.

Taken from Wiki, but I suspect tribunal decisions would be accurately reported somewhere and Wiki shouldn't be wrong on this.

its good to see the movement of unwanted players out of the club. I hope its a sign of things to come with a few more of the squad rumoured to be surplus to requirements.

If as rumoured Bywater, Leacock and Pearson could go would that be the last of the premier league side? can't think of anyone else.

Interesting to read that if he had played 1 more game we would of owed Charlton another half a million, what an absolute waste of money! :eek:

That's insane, and goes a long way to explaining why his career at Derby went as it did. Everything said though, I wish him all the best at Portsmouth, despite having a torrid time with us he remained fairly classy and never said a bad word about the club.

Archived