Luke Varney

David

QPR boss Neil Warnock is in talks with Derby County about signing out-of-favour striker Luke Varney for his improving squad.

Varney is available at Pride Park and Warnock is keen to take him in a cheap deal - with London rivals Millwall also interested in the hit man.

The experienced forward was on loan at Sheffield Wednesday last season and did not figure in Nigel Clough’s squad for the Championship opener at the weekend.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Luke-Varney-of-Derby-wanted-by-QPR-s-Neil-Warnock-article550135.html#ixzz0wPt9gHlt

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We've got Commons, Green, Cywka, Pearson, Doyle, Davies, Martin for the 3, we do need an out and out striker tho. Gary Hooper or Billy Sharp anyone?

green is no good in arm or in rm, doyle is untested, pearson is injured isn't he? because he hasn't even made the subs, martin is virtully untested at this level, only had a full game against cardiff reserves, doyle the same really, untested he was one for the development squad in my opinon. Davies is always injured, he is out for 6 months already. It is looking pretty thin. Doyle is also a striker i think not an advanced midfielder. Also pearson is untested in the advanced role and he is afraid to shoot outside 18 yards. You havn't got many right footers in that line up either daveo, green can't play out on the right either.

he actually said well there will be a fee involved so we have to take that into consideration, you know thigns are desperate financially when you can't afford somone from ilkeston town. I hope the board goes and clough stays, he has managed with his hands tied behind his back and has in reality done miracles to keep us up. Plus this is my 1000th post

Green looked alright to me against Leeds, all the players are getting used to the new formation. Pearson was an attacking midfielder for Celtic, played on the wing at times also if I recall. Martin is also an attacking midfielder, Doyle impressed pre-season, Cywka also looked good to me against Leeds and Commons is Commons.

Think your nit-picking again, we do need an out and out striker as Porter doesn't look like he's capable of lasting half a season let alone a full season. Billy Sharp would of been nice but didn't happen for whatever reason, nor did Hooper.

Premiership squads are named this weekend, should be interesting to see what players are available on loan. No need to slit our wrists just yet, looking around the other clubs squads they all have weak areas aswell.

Green looked alright to me against Leeds, all the players are getting used to the new formation. Pearson was an attacking midfielder for Celtic, played on the wing at times also if I recall. Martin is also an attacking midfielder, Doyle impressed pre-season, Cywka also looked good to me against Leeds and Commons is Commons.

Think your nit-picking again, we do need an out and out striker as Porter doesn't look like he's capable of lasting half a season let alone a full season. Billy Sharp would of been nice but didn't happen for whatever reason, nor did Hooper.

Premiership squads are named this weekend, should be interesting to see what players are available on loan. No need to slit our wrists just yet, looking around the other clubs squads they all have weak areas aswell.

it isn't nit picking it's that im right, we do look a bit thin when push come to shove, yes we should wait to see what happens in terms of loans as well. Doyle is a striker and not a winger also he didn't play against stoke or birmingham for prolonged periods did he? so i would say he is one for the future. Pearson and martin yes they are, but pearson hasn't impressed and i dont think he was even named on the bench was he, also same with martin good down the left side but pretty much untested as well

Archived