Luke Varney

Day

felt rather sorry for him, most players at this club especially in recent years have had more time to bed in, how many games did he have under clough? I wish him well as it seems that with the clause he wasn't going to get another game, i hope he scores plenty apart from when he plays against us.

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's insane, and goes a long way to explaining why his career at Derby went as it did. Everything said though, I wish him all the best at Portsmouth, despite having a torrid time with us he remained fairly classy and never said a bad word about the club.

Quite agree - there aren't many players who would keep their counsel so well (Croft being another one). So I respect him for that but God am I glad he's f***ed off to run fast for someone else :D

I don't see why people are amazed we got good dome money for him, he looked pretty decent last season for blackpool, scoring a few, creating a few and he seemed to win a few pens. Yet some players who have never done anything in the top flight have been sold for a lot more. He clearly has some ability it's just getting him to produce it. Our current forwards haven't done anything on note at a decent level of football yet so let's be realistic

a lot of thanks has to go to blackpool for that 750k. If Holloway didn't give him a chance in the prem, we wouldn't have gotten a penny for him.

Surprised that Blackpool didn't take up their option to snap him up for £250k.

One might almost think that Holloway was talking out of his @r$e......:rolleyes::D

a lot of thanks has to go to blackpool for that 750k. If Holloway didn't give him a chance in the prem, we wouldn't have gotten a penny for him.

Just to clarify ...

Ian Holloway is a big mate of Dario Gradi.

Crewe played Blackpool pre-season last year, and then played (and beat) Derby in the League Cup.

Dario was expecting LV to be playing for Derby against his old club, and was very surprised that he wasn't even in the squad.

He then alerted Holloway, who subsequently picked him up on loan

Archived