Luke Varney

Day

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1331844/Blackpool-seal-Luke-Varney-January-proves-value-money.html

We paid an element of his wages, but the wording of Holloway's statement reads as though they paid most of them.

Then again, this was the same interview where he said they had the £250k 'clause' in the contract. Unlucky indeed you bald c***! :D

I only like because I too hate Ian Holloway, he is a joke of a manager to me.

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ian Holloway got a team of nobodies up to the premier league.

Hats off to the mad fool.

And missed out by a flea's fanny of keeping them there. A highly respected manager in the game by many....and with good reason. I think those who dislike him are simply bristolphobics!

And missed out by a flea's fanny of keeping them there. A highly respected manager in the game by many....and with good reason. I think those who dislike him are simply bristolphobics!

ohhharhhhh! I concurrrrrrrrrrrrrr m'hearties.

opps, slipped into pirate at the end.

Portsmouth seem to already have forgotten how they got in such a mess just a couple of years ago.

S'pose if a lesson's worth learning they may as well learn it twice, and I'm more than happy for us help teach them......:D

They still have a parachute payment dont they

They will, but presumably Varney's contract will take him beyond the timeframe of their final parachute payment. Given that we want rid largely because of his wages, and they also put Blackpool off, it doesn't look like he fancies taking a pay cut to leave so Portsmouth must be offering him stupid money, like we did. Isn't he on £12kpw for us?

They will, but presumably Varney's contract will take him beyond the timeframe of their final parachute payment. Given that we want rid largely because of his wages, and they also put Blackpool off, it doesn't look like he fancies taking a pay cut to leave so Portsmouth must be offering him stupid money, like we did. Isn't he on £12kpw for us?

They may though have spent it before they get it, Derby did.

Well they had the first one advanced to them didn't they?

The second one, is what they're getting now but I have no idea what they have or haven't done with it yet. They've only got something like 10 permanent players at the moment haven't they?

How many parachute payments do they get now, is it two or three?

Archived