Extra bank holiday

MrPlinkett

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Am confused....you've said in the title that it's an extra days bank holiday but do we still get 8 bank holidays next year or 9....if it's 8 then not extra

Yes its extra.  We get 4 days off from Thursday 2nd June.  But we lose bank holiday Monday 30th May. But Thursday and Friday are two days compared with one for bank holiday Monday 

2 minutes ago, MrPlinkett said:

Yes its extra.  We get 4 days off from Thursday 2nd June.  But we lose bank holiday Monday 30th May. But Thursday and Friday are two days compared with one for bank holiday Monday 

So no extra day off, just one day moved. 

2 hours ago, MrPlinkett said:

Great news we are getting an extra bank holiday for the queens 70th jubilee. 

4 day weekend from Thursday 2nd June. 

We are losing spring bank holiday because of it mind.

Fantastic news. Will be hopefully retiring next year what a great time to celebrate, street party, Union flags everywhere, everyone happy, singing songs. At the end of the street a big TV screen so we can all laugh at the candle light vigil outside the Tower of London where Harry and Meghan have been held indefinitely at her Majesty’s pleasure. ??

Oh gawd, the local self-appointed party committee will be on at me again to let them all use our courtyard for some godawful knees up. 

Followed by setting off just enough fireworks to terrify our pets.

I'm going to have to remember what excuse I came up with 10 years ago to send them packing. It's a high risk game if I mess up and repeat myself... 

It's all just too tiresome ?

5 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Oh gawd, the local self-appointed party committee will be on at me again to let them all use our courtyard for some godawful knees up. 

Followed by setting off just enough fireworks to terrify our pets.

I'm going to have to remember what excuse I came up with 10 years ago to send them packing. It's a high risk game if I mess up and repeat myself... 

It's all just too tiresome ?

Christmas Eve Smile GIF