Graeme Shinnie - Jack Stamps Player of the Season

angieram

For all those unhappy Shinnie won it. 

Hands up, I’m partly responsible and in the words of the great Conor McGregor…

I'd just like to say from the bottom of my heart, I'd like to take this chance to apologise — to absolutely nobody!

Bielik ultimately didn’t play enough minutes to win player of the season, yes he had the biggest impact and it’s hard not to say he would have won it had he not been injured. He’s just been incredibly unlucky.

Comes back next season, plays how he did over the full season, he will get his award, don’t worry about that.

41 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Totally deserved in my opinion. As I've said before I think Shinnie's very underrated by many. Obviously not as underrated as I feared though. He would definitely be my choice for Captain next season.

I wouldn't say 'totally deserved' though I don't have an issue with him getting the award. Quite simply he always put a shift in and had less utterly dreadful games than anyone else. Byrne looked nailed on at one point, but after he came back from the concussioon looked a different player; CKR had some great games and others where his 'commitment' boiled over into petulence an made him ineffective; Bielik walked into the team and instantly made us a better unit (and thereby effectively kept us up) - we started looking up the table when he was playing - but I understand why people think he didn't play enough games to justify their vote....

Let's hope next year we have a number of candidates for the right reasons.....

There are technically much better players in the squad but in a season where survival at all costs was what was required, he never hid and always gave it his all which is not something that you can say about all of them. It was between him and Byrne for me and would have been happy enough with either. Bielik's brief contribution was vital to our season and I totally understand people voting for him but I just don't feel that you can give the award to someone who played so few games.

6 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Don't think it's particularly deserved more of a default outcome as he was slightly better than the rest of gash associated with our playing squad...but whatever. 

So it wasn't deserved despite being better than the rest? ?

I do understand what you're saying, I voted for Byrne with Shinnie a very close second for me. Bielik was head, shoulders and chest above the rest quality wise, he just didn't play enough games for me.

2 minutes ago, richinspain said:

So it wasn't deserved despite being better than the rest? ?

I do understand what you're saying, I voted for Byrne with Shinnie a very close second for me. Bielik was head, shoulders and chest above the rest quality wise, he just didn't play enough games for me.

I kind of meant it's like someone winning a race when all the other competitors pulled out....maybe a bit harsh he's done OK maybe am still thinking about his miss against Forest.....but he's done OK that's the sad thing just meh. 

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I kind of meant it's like someone winning a race when all the other competitors pulled out....maybe a bit harsh he's done OK maybe am still thinking about his miss against Forest.....but he's done OK that's the sad thing just meh. 

I agree, think he has done ok....but that is a lot better than some. I would have had Byrne, Clarke and Bielik ahead of him but there you go...

Surprised Byrne didn't get the nod for player of the year. He created more chances than anyone else in the team despite playing at right back and was generally fine defensively too. Shinnie tried hard but really didn't offer that much defensively or going forward either.