DCFC drifting into the sunset in a Viking funeral ritual

FindernRam

It seems to me this morning that Derby as a club are in slow but inevitable terminal decline. Beset by problems and enemies, imagined or real, no way out. Just prolonging the inevitable by struggling.

Like a dead Viking Chieftain of old; put the club in a burning longboat and push towards the setting sun. Start over afresh from top down and bottom up.

63 years a fan and I've never felt this depressed about the future of the club, or indeed football as a whole.

Someone find some good news please!

4 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

It seems to me this morning that Derby as a club are in slow but inevitable terminal decline. Beset by problems and enemies, imagined or real, no way out. Just prolonging the inevitable by struggling.

Like a dead Viking Chieftain of old; put the club in a burning longboat and push towards the setting sun. Start over afresh from top down and bottom up.

63 years a fan and I've never felt this depressed about the future of the club, or indeed football as a whole.

You’re right - I fear we are the next Bolton Wanderers. The similarities are striking. 

Our financial situation is grim and we may get the point deduction for the next season and our squad ain't that good but if Mel finally succeeds to find us a good manager I believe a good manager can steer us to safety next season on the pitch. We need a new owner but that will take time.

20 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

You're wrong and we will rise again, phoenix-like from the ashes.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You're wrong and we will rise again, phoenix-like from the ashes.

Yes, let’s just hope in a couple of month’s time there will have been a clean slate. No points deduction or transfer embargo, new owners, new Manager and new squad. How good would that feel??

29 minutes ago, Cisse said:

Isn't Bolton on the way up?

They had to go down to league 2, went into administration, at one point only had 3 senior players in the first team, they were almost expelled from the football league and were a hairs breadth from liquidation. Being the next Bolton is not a good thing - they were only a couple of days away from ceasing to exist entirely.

36 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yes, let’s just hope in a couple of month’s time there will have been a clean slate. No points deduction or transfer embargo, new owners, new Manager and new squad. How good would that feel??

Like you believe in unicorns! ?

I'm hoping for a realistic outcome, not more pie-in-the-sky dreaming.

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Like you believe in unicorns! ?

I'm hoping for a realistic outcome, not more pie-in-the-sky dreaming.

Hope is all we have got left Roy Mac with what has gone on on and off the pitch don't you think????

45 minutes ago, GenBr said:

They had to go down to league 2, went into administration, at one point only had 3 senior players in the first team, they were almost expelled from the football league and were a hairs breadth from liquidation. Being the next Bolton is not a good thing - they were only a couple of days away from ceasing to exist entirely.

Couple of days? Pah! We have been minutes from going out of business before now when Stuart Webb did a deal with Maxwell in the toilets of the High Court. We survived and prospered then and we'll survive and prosper now. It’s times like these that make the good times even better.

Every single club bar none has financial problems after little income for a year and a half. It’ll take time but we’ll get there.