Alonso Taunting Chansiri

24Charlie

I dunno. It's like some folk think that some guy posting a piss-take tweet is going to turn the Wendies into Barcelona. We won't win, lose or draw because Alonso has taken a pot-shot at Chansiri. If we lose, it'll be for the same reasons we've lost the previous 7 games, that is to say, because we've scored less than the opposition. And last time I checked, this guy wasn't even our owner anyway.

Also, why does anyone care what a bunch of no-names on social media think of the club? It's all embittered Leeds, Boro and Gump fans making the bulk of the noise anyway. For over a year now, we've also been serially slated by members of the tabloid press who've sought to smear us at evey possible juncture. We've also been painted as FFP dodging cheats who think we're above the rules by know-nothings like Kieran ducking Maguire, a so-called football finance expert who freely admits he grassed us to the EFL. So some of the poo being slung has stuck, in the minds of those who want to believe it's all true at least. So what?

At this point in time, I don't give a tuppenny hump what other fans think about Derby nor do I see any need for us to be everybody's second favourite club. With all the other poo we've got going on right now, this kinda crap barely even registers with me. Win Saturday, get shot of Rooney, find a manager who fits the club and whom the players respect, beat the EFL rap, re-build the squad with players who actually want to be at Derby and begin to once again nurture our young talents, not destroy them. There are so many higher priorities right now than our sodding PR profile. 

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Apparently terms of contract state no reduced price if relegation & Alonso cannot contractually pull out on relegation. Mel has dotted the i’s and crossed the t’s & the ink is dry.

All we can hope is Trevor Birch does his job and says no way Jose!

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I dunno. It's like some folk think that some guy posting a piss-take tweet is going to turn the Wendies into Barcelona.

I'd agree with that, except the "some guy" happens to be the future owner of the club. And it does quite bother me he doesn't appear to have 2 coins of his own to rub together and has a penchant for running his mouth off/courting press. If it was some 29 year old fan from Chad who also had no dollar pilfering the same claptrap across the web I'd be all in with you. Sadly its the new Chief Exec. 

Edited by SillyBilly

43 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Possibly. ?‍♂️

I agree with you Mel has probably been a lot more diligent in the contract arrangements this time, but I get a vibe of Alonso that if/when it goes tits up he'll be doing a vanishing act. I just can't shake the feeling that the social media stuff is not the way anyone serious would do business.

10 hours ago, Kernow said:

Fan to fan banter is another matter, it’s different. But if our potential owner is happy to engage in that kind of behaviour, then he might well turn out to be an embarrassment should the deal be finalised.

Would it be too much to ask for our new owner to not need media training before taking the reigns?

A strip of gaffer tape over his mouth, and his hands firmly tucked into his old boxing gloves (to stop the tweeting) might be more effective. 

Edited by europia

3 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Apparently terms of contract state no reduced price if relegation & Alonso cannot contractually pull out on relegation. Mel has dotted the i’s and crossed the t’s & the ink is dry.

but he CAN pull out.  If he really wanted to, Alonso could ensure the EFl condition is never satisfied