Relegation watch

Spanish

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

If we are still having to get points out of our last 2 games to avoid relegation with the number of new players we've just had in then we deserve to go down really. 

You are right but tell me you wouldn’t sell your soul (or insert appropriate asset) for survival in those games

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Spanish said:

You are right but tell me you wouldn’t sell your soul (or insert appropriate asset) for survival in those games

I would, but we've gained a huge advantage with the number of new recruits we've bought it - compare with Sheffield Wednesday for example - so if we don't lever that advantage now from it we'll have no one else to blame but ourselves. 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

I would, but we've gained a huge advantage with the number of new recruits we've bought it - compare with Sheffield Wednesday for example - so if we don't lever that advantage now from it we'll have no one else to blame but ourselves. 

Yep agreed but I am in the camp that needs to be convinced by performances wearing a shirt with ? on it.  If they are carp then the last 2 games may be too late.  Really exciting but I could without it.  I have great doubts about Tom but I really want to see whether Wayne can weave some magic there.  

Lets hope today gives new players chance to integrate more and that there may a couple of gems in there. Also closer to Tom being back ready for selection hopefully and would love Ibe to make it back into contention. Think if we had swapped Cocu for Wayne permanently even 2-3 weeks earlier we would have more of a cushion now. With more of a cushion some of the nervous desperation yo win goes also. Just hope that faffing doesnt cost us in the end.  Just why do we love Derby so much!?

Just now, James Pond said:

57 points to play for, It's like chucking a Mills bomb in an Air raid Shelter with the pin still in, And people die in the crush and panic to get out.

Start fretting come mid April if we're where we are now.

But Jim it is a site to discuss opinions?  I do really hope people don’t die fretting about relegation?

3 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Lets hope today gives new players chance to integrate more and that there may a couple of gems in there. Also closer to Tom being back ready for selection hopefully and would love Ibe to make it back into contention. Think if we had swapped Cocu for Wayne permanently even 2-3 weeks earlier we would have more of a cushion now. With more of a cushion some of the nervous desperation yo win goes also. Just hope that faffing doesnt cost us in the end.  Just why do we love Derby so much!?

You've also failed to mention sandwiched in there the abject results before Rooney was appointed from the Gang of 4 or how ever many of them hand their hand in it. Only serves to reinforce the proverb about too many (crap) cooks. 

The lack of decisive action from the current owner in getting rid of Cocu and then the hiatus before Rooney was appointed as sole manager may still come back to haunt us.  

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You've also failed to mention sandwiched in there the abject results before Rooney was appointed from the Gang of 4 or how ever many of them hand their hand in it. Only serves to reinforce the proverb about too many (crap) cooks. 

The lack of decisive action from the current owner in getting rid of Cocu and then the hiatus before Rooney was appointed as sole manager may still come back to haunt us.  

I have blocked the gang of four games from memory I think

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

I am getting to an age where I am accepting timing on decisions is always going to be difficult.   I’m not a great fan of Mel in general, appreciate the incredible financial support but worried where we are currently left.  I am sure he really wanted cocu to be a successful and if he had given the gig to Wayne straight away, jeez what a risk to take.  I was definitely in the get rid of cocu earlier than we did but as for the next manager, never very sure.  Still dont know if it was the right decision with Wayne I think it is I hope it is

1 minute ago, Abu Derby said:

Who are the three teams who we need to finish below us at the end of the season?

I think Wycombe will be one but not sure of the other two. If the EFL appeal leads to a points deduction we will go down in my opinion. 

The points deduction is the elephant in the room.  In this environments would be amazed if it happened but that doesn’t stop it happening.  The other 2?  Well not sure what is going to turn brum around.  After that?  Wendy have so much trouble off the pitch I am astounded they have had an mini with revival sill there is still life in that corpse.  Our season depends on the new guys and Tom.  After that fine margins every point to play for

40 minutes ago, Mckram said:

It’s amazing that before the Rotherham game there was a play off thread created, then a loss later and the relegation thread is back.

One things for sure, come the end of the season we can’t say it’s been boring!

Threads always been here sadly

41 minutes ago, Mckram said:

It’s amazing that before the Rotherham game there was a play off thread created, then a loss later and the relegation thread is back.

If you thought the play off thread was anything but a joke then I think you're in a very small minority.

11 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

If you thought the play off thread was anything but a joke then I think you're in a very small minority.

Whether it was a small minority or not, it was made. I was only stating the ups and downs of the season...

12 hours ago, Mckram said:

Some one posting a playoff thread doesn’t mean everyone suddenly thinks playoffs are on. I think we will stay up. 

Archived