Aidy Boothroyd

rynny

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, rynny said:

Decent shout.

Lampard with an eye on the main job would be another option. 

Soon as Lampard left I called it that he will be the next England manager. He’s the perfect guy for the FA to replace Southgate. 

20 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Should never have been given the job in the first place. I’d love to know who made that decision and on what criteria! 

Likewise with Southgate. Ok, he proved me wrong but that still doesn’t explain how he was given the most prestigious job apart from Derby County in the country. 

Lampard isn’t qualified really for the job either, but I can see him fitting that clean cut image the FA want in charge.

15 minutes ago, David said:

Likewise with Southgate. Ok, he proved me wrong but that still doesn’t explain how he was given the most prestigious job apart from Derby County in the country. 

Lampard isn’t qualified really for the job either, but I can see him fitting that clean cut image the FA want in charge.

The barrow boy will be perfect for the England job, exactly what the FA will be looking for too. 
woudlnt be surprised to see him take the under 21’s now. 

Just now, MuespachRam said:

The barrow boy will be perfect for the England job, exactly what the FA will be looking for too. 
woudlnt be surprised to see him take the under 21’s now. 

Go and sit in the shade for a bit

2 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Lampard and Morris are a shoe in for this. Ready to take over the full England squad in 3 years time after the next Euros.

Can’t see Lampard wanting the U21 job, Morris yes and Lampard managing the senior team with a new setup.

39 minutes ago, David said:

I remember Collymore, for all his detractors, having this argument. 

Lampard to Palace in summer. 

Not a lot of established managers want to take any England U- job as it's not day-to-day. It tends to be first team coaches who see it as a stepping stone to being a manager, or middling managers who have had a fall from grace.

Even though I think Frank & Jody would do very well in this role, I doubt they'd take it. It's more likely he ends up at an overseas club, maybe somewhere like Vitesse known for developing young Chelsea loanees

3 minutes ago, Shang said:

Not a lot of established managers want to take any England U- job as it's not day-to-day. It tends to be first team coaches who see it as a stepping stone to being a manager, or middling managers who have had a fall from grace.

Even though I think Frank & Jody would do very well in this role, I doubt they'd take it. It's more likely he ends up at an overseas club, maybe somewhere like Vitesse known for developing young Chelsea loanees

If he's too big time for the England U21 job (with a clear pathway to the seniors), I highly doubt he'd take a job as manager of Chelsea's feeder club.

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

I think Frank Lampard would be absolutely perfect for this job. For him it would be a step down so I'd like him to be the next England senior manager

It would be a MASSIVE step up from being unemployed....

And, please, indulge me, what qualifications does he have to be the next England manager...?

58 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

It would be a MASSIVE step up from being unemployed....

And, please, indulge me, what qualifications does he have to be the next England manager...?

Probably the same as Klinsmann, Maradonna, Van Basten, Giggs etc who took national roles. 

Archived