Aidy Boothroyd

rynny

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Klinsmann world cup final?  Maradonna semi? MVB got to a wc final didnt he? Or was it Euros. Giggs? Well you can’t polish a turd. 

Klinsmann only got to the semis, with virtually the same team that lost in the final and was dominating football before and after, Maradonna, be serious he was a disaster, they scrapped through to the World Cup, played awful and got knocked out as soon as they played a half decent team, Van Basten didnt even make it past the first knock out game in the world cup and Giggs.....has arguably one of the best Wales teams in decades who just got to their best ever finish in a tournament and they are as you rightly say a turd.

42 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Klinsmann only got to the semis, with virtually the same team that lost in the final and was dominating football before and after, Maradonna, be serious he was a disaster, they scrapped through to the World Cup, played awful and got knocked out as soon as they played a half decent team, Van Basten didnt even make it past the first knock out game in the world cup and Giggs.....has arguably one of the best Wales teams in decades who just got to their best ever finish in a tournament and they are as you rightly say a turd.

So... in conclusion those inexperienced managers did as well as the experienced ones then? 

11 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

So... in conclusion those inexperienced managers did as well as the experienced ones then? 

no, in conclusion exactly the opposite.

klinnsman got nowhere near juri lowes achievement's

Maradonna got nowhere near  Sabella

Van Basten got nowhere near that Dutch dude who i have no idea how to spell his name, somehthing like Bert van Marvjjjkkk achievements

Giggs got nowhere near Colemans achievements

Thank Christ for that, and about bloody time. He’s done an absolutely terrible job, and has been doing for years. Shocking from the FA to leave a dinosaur like him working with our best young talents for such a long time. Time to get someone in who’s an actual decent coach now, to improve the future stars coming through, and hope that Boothroyd hasn’t broken them too much...

Lampard for the seniors and Jody for the U21s could work out, it'd keep a very strong link between the 2 sides and the FA could put their men into the coaching staff if they really wanted 

I've seen Liam Rosenior linked to the U21 job. It'd surprise me but not the worst shout by any means 

On 16/04/2021 at 10:22, David said:

Soon as Lampard left I called it that he will be the next England manager. He’s the perfect guy for the FA to replace Southgate. 

Not got the pedigree I think, one championship season and an average job at Chelsea for a year means to me he is still a rookie manager. Much better managers out there although his popularity gives him a chance. 

4 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Not got the pedigree I think, one championship season and an average job at Chelsea for a year means to me he is still a rookie manager. Much better managers out there although his popularity gives him a chance. 

The England manager job is not a "managers job" as such though is it?

I think if you break it down to its essentials you need.... 

- incredible agreeability to navigate between the FA and egotistical club managers. 

- humble for the above reasons 

- photogenic and well spoken

- some tactical awareness so you don't look like a complete cretin when you come up against Kosovo Moldova, Estonia..... 

The u21 job is closer to real training and influencing of players skills. 

10 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

The England manager job is not a "managers job" as such though is it?

I think if you break it down to its essentials you need.... 

- incredible agreeability to navigate between the FA and egotistical club managers. 

- humble for the above reasons 

- photogenic and well spoken

- some tactical awareness so you don't look like a complete cretin when you come up against Kosovo Moldova, Estonia..... 

The u21 job is closer to real training and influencing of players skills. 

I'd rather have a massive knob as manager that's not likeable or well spoken but is a very good motivator and tactician. Don't think being agreeable or well spoken is that important if you don't get the results at tournaments you will be a villain no matter what. I do think we need someone with top tactical nous for the major tournaments, qualifiers are usually very comfortable no matter what but in the big games having a manger with top experience at big clubs is an advantage. 

Im not too bothered about having an English manager managing the national team I feel like there is no top ones and England are a top team so we shouldn't be having inexperienced managers imo. Southgate was at Boro before being Under 21s boss then taking the senior job so no real top level experience and Lampard although I wouldn't mind if he took the job I'd be dubious about it with his lack of experience as a manager. 

4 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I'd rather have a massive knob as manager that's not likeable or well spoken but is a very good motivator and tactician. Don't think being agreeable or well spoken is that important if you don't get the results at tournaments you will be a villain no matter what. I do think we need someone with top tactical nous for the major tournaments, qualifiers are usually very comfortable no matter what but in the big games having a manger with top experience at big clubs is an advantage. 

Im not too bothered about having an English manager managing the national team I feel like there is no top ones and England are a top team so we shouldn't be having inexperienced managers imo. Southgate was at Boro before being Under 21s boss then taking the senior job so no real top level experience and Lampard although I wouldn't mind if he took the job I'd be dubious about it with his lack of experience as a manager. 

I also would rather have a massive kno..........

oh, I've just read the rest of your comment. You're probably right.

On 17/04/2021 at 12:19, Marriott Ram99 said:

average job at Chelsea...? I think the current manager is showing that he did a terrible job there. 

Archived