Lego Town

admira

So after four long years, I finally completed Tonytown at the weekend.

This is the Lego town that resides in my lower attic that comes in at 80 Sq Ft and 130,000 pieces.

I think I underestimated the interest that there would be in it as so far this week, I have turned down a radio interview on BBC Radio Suffolk, offers to appear in newspapers, a local teacher asking whether she could bring all her school kids round and then the chance for it to appear on ITV's Good Morning Britain this morning.

As things stand, the video has just passed 90,000 views on Twitter.

I'm shunning the publicity as don't want parents knocking on my door at all hours asking if their little darlings can traipse through our house!

Anyway, I have added a short video onto YouTube if you would like to take a look.

Tonytown on YouTube

Admira

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, admira said:

This is the Lego town that resides in my lower attic that comes in at 80 Sq Ft and 130,000 pieces.

I think I underestimated the interest that there would be in it as so far this week, I have turned down a radio interview on BBC Radio Suffolk, offers to appear in newspapers, a local teacher asking whether she could bring all her school kids round and then the chance for it to appear on ITV's Good Morning Britain this morning.

I'm shunning the publicity as don't want parents knocking on my door at all hours asking if their little darlings can traipse through our house!

Anyway, I have added a short video onto YouTube if you would like to take a look.

Tonytown on YouTube

Admira

No PP

half fan?

1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

And to think all I've done in lockdown is constantly refresh dcfcfans.uk.

Amazing work!

How many times did you step on a piece doing that?

You’re one of my favourite members 

1 hour ago, admira said:

Tonytown on YouTube

Admira

It’s impressive, saw it on your Instagram, I’m just thinking though, you’ve signed up to a life of dusting. 

I did the Lego Porsche over lockdown, kinda rushed through it in 48hrs but now it’s just a dust magnet so the missus bunged it away in a cupboard out the way ?

17 minutes ago, David said:

It’s impressive, saw it on your Instagram, I’m just thinking though, you’ve signed up to a life of dusting. 

I did the Lego Porsche over lockdown, kinda rushed through it in 48hrs but now it’s just a dust magnet so the missus bunged it away in a cupboard out the way ?

I find the best way to remove dust is to stick them under the shower. Works a treat, removes all dust and dry in a couple of hours.

56 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

I find the best way to remove dust is to stick them under the shower. Works a treat, removes all dust and dry in a couple of hours.

Is this like the tip to dry your iPhone on full power in the microwave? 

2 hours ago, David said:

It’s in the attic so has little human throughput. Remarkably low dust up there but I use one of the Mrs old make up brushes which works a treat. 

What do the local council think they are playing at?  ?

That roof top car park (c. 40 secs in) has no perimeter wall or handrail, and there's even a raised barrier to make drivers assume that it leads to a ramp... it doesn't!

Terror Town, more like! 

?

8 hours ago, admira said:

Tonytown on YouTube

Admira

Great effort fella. I could have built something similar out of the ring pulls from the extra drinking ive been doing instead of wasting my time like you.

13 hours ago, David said:

@admira did you celebrate your birthday at Legoland by a chance? ?

A2C969D3-0E2D-43D4-A422-56A1DD66D2BE.jpeg

The Mrs did take we to the one in Denmark for a birthday a couple of years ago where we stayed in a proper Lego room with free kits etc. I did wear an 'it's my birthday' badge all day which worked great when blagging a jump to the front of the queue for rides. The most embarrassing incident was after Mrs Admira popped to the in-house restaurant to book a table for two for dinner. When we arrived at the table later, one of the place settings had a little colouring book and some pens. They're not used to adults visiting without children apparently so assumed it would be her and a child!  I didn't even go over the edges.

PS - 36, thanks, I'll take that!

On 01/04/2021 at 13:16, admira said:

Tonytown on YouTube

Admira

In all the well deserved praise for your efforts @admira I am surprised that no one has mentioned that you have a lower attic. I suspect that most of us only have one attic at best. What do you keep in the upper attic? 

Archived