F1 2021

Gaspode

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Exactly. 

Always first to cry and always reluctant to congratulate

Often they have a case about some of the tactics of Merc and tbh I did think they had a decent case on the first lap. But they're just fecking horrible. 

I feel sorry for Geri in all this. You know deep down she knows Christian is picturing Max during sex. 

Bottas was useless. 

Perez did a great job of holding Hamilton up, it looked very much like Lewis was going to cruise into the distance at that point! 

Yeah, Verstappen stormed off the podium last week in a race he lost fair and square, Lewis stayed and congratulated Max for his ''victory'' today that is at best contentious, at worst almost rigged level of a poor decision. 

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Perez did a great job of holding Hamilton up, it looked very much like Lewis was going to cruise into the distance at that point! 

Yeah, Verstappen stormed off the podium last week in a race he lost fair and square, Lewis stayed and congratulated Max for his ''victory'' today that is at best contentious, at worst almost rigged level of a poor decision. 

Verstappen is not responsible for the stewards and race directors decisions (like players aren’t with a ref in footy) all Max can do is race. 

Just now, Andicis said:

100%. Also they even had to prompt the pampered poo to mention Hamilton. 

Yet Hamilton began with "first of all congratulations - " while clearly feeling crushed and cheated. 

He was really up against it today. Perez, the virtual safety, the Latifi crash, no Bottas, the FIA rulebook.

Just now, Remy the hare said:

Verstappen is not responsible for the stewards and race directors decisions (like players aren’t with a ref in footy) all Max can do is race. 

No, but that isn't what I'm talking about anyway? 

He stormed off last week in a race he lost, I fail to see why anybody should show him grace in victory today.

He couldn't catch Lewis on 40 lap old tyres but was given the opportunity of a one lap shoot out on soft tyres against a driver with old hard tyres. It's hardly fair. 

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

100%. Also they even had to prompt the pampered poo to mention Hamilton. 

Yet Hamilton began with "first of all congratulations - " while clearly feeling crushed and cheated. 

He was really up against it today. Perez, the virtual safety, the Latifi crash, no Bottas, the FIA rulebook.

The FIA rulebook might be the only thing on his side today, the race director though....

Just now, Andicis said:

No, but that isn't what I'm talking about anyway? 

He stormed off last week in a race he lost, I fail to see why anybody should show him grace in victory today.

He couldn't catch Lewis on 40 lap old tyres but was given the opportunity of a one lap shoot out on soft tyres against a driver with old hard tyres. It's hardly fair. 

Max has been the better driver over the season. Wolff and Mercedes are poor losers also. Its all sour grapes. What’s the remedy? Rerun the race tomorrow?

Max has been the better driver over the season. Wolff and Mercedes are poor losers also. Its all sour grapes. What’s the remedy? Rerun the race tomorrow?

Well he hasn't has he? Lewis would have been the better driver over the season, short of an embarrassing decision that doesn't follow the rules. The remedy is to decide the race based on the positions drivers were in before the final lap, which would have happened if the rules had been followed anyway! Easy fix. 

Mercedes poor losers? Lewis was completely humble. 

2 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

And complain, and be reckless but blame his age but then demand respect like an old pro, and storm off podiums, and think he has a God given right to do whatever he wants at any time without sparing a thought for anyone else. 

I do think he's great for F1 and certainly a worthy world champion. But not like that. And his lack of class is probably a Red Bull contract thing. 

The problem I have is the FIA needed to make the lapped car decision much quicker than 2 laps to go. I understand they wanted to do it for the good of the sport and entertainment, however I don't think it is right to decide at the last minute. Lewis was a sitting duck and could do nothing about it. 

A little bit of karma though, how many times have Mercedes had decisions go there way this season? One too many.

2 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

If he was the better driver over the season he wouldn't have been staring at Lewis's backside hoping the race director can conjure up a way to gift him the title advantage back. 

Definitely a great and exciting driver. But he just got an absolute gift there. 

3 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

The problem I have is the FIA needed to make the lapped car decision much quicker than 2 laps to go. I understand they wanted to do it for the good of the sport and entertainment, however I don't think it is right to decide at the last minute. Lewis was a sitting duck and could do nothing about it. 

A little bit of karma though, how many times have Mercedes had decisions go there way this season? One too many.

Red Bull did alright out of the farce in Belgium. 

I do think a lot of it is tit for tat. Merc probably got away with one on that first lap. But that decision at the end was a like a classic Derby match of this season. Refereed away from us blatantly 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Well he hasn't has he? Lewis would have been the better driver over the season, short of an embarrassing decision that doesn't follow the rules. The remedy is to decide the race based on the positions drivers were in before the final lap, which would have happened if the rules had been followed anyway! Easy fix. 

Mercedes poor losers? Lewis was completely humble. 

What a joke that would be. Would Hamilton really want to win like that? All the fireworks and podium interviews, what re do them again? You cannot delete the moment or the memory. What about Silverstone. Hamilton got away with it there. Hamilton humble ? more like passive aggressive in my opinion, like in all his interviews, he’s clever. He’s not been seen yet in the interview pen has he?

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

If he was the better driver over the season he wouldn't have been staring at Lewis's backside hoping the race director can conjure up a way to gift him the title advantage back. 

Max would beat Hamilton easily in the same machine. Full stop. 

Well, let's see if mercedes get anywhere with their protest.

I strongly suspect they won't. The FIA overturning the world championship after the fact, I just don't see it happening. The debatable technicalities of letting lapped cars through? They'll at most issue a directive to race control/stewards to clarify it for next season.

The stewarding this season has been EFL standard and with top drivers and teams playing at "get away with everything we can until the stewards have to step in" and FOM wanting less stewards interventions "let them race, no one likes it when there's penalties" it leaves the sport in a difficult position.

What a joke that would be. Would Hamilton really want to win like that? All the fireworks and podium interviews, what re do them again? You cannot delete the moment or the memory. What about Silverstone. Hamilton got away with it there. Hamilton humble ? more like passive aggressive in my opinion, like in all his interviews, he’s clever. He’s not been seen yet in the interview pen has he?

Silverstone? Lewis got a punishment for that. What about Brazil where Max forced Lewis wide and received no punishment? Max would have caused a huge amount of accidents if Lewis wasn't aware and awake to it. He's dangerous the way he defends at corners. 

The joke is that the title was decided by a decision that doesn't follow the rule books. Hamilton wanted to win on the track, and did win on the track, the FIA decided to change the result with their decision. 

It's beyond a joke that you're even questioning whether Hamilton is humble, I'd have punched every surface in sight! 

Maybe Hamilton isn't exactly humble. But he's got a touch of class. A touch that Verstappen hasn't managed yet. 

I think everyone knows Hamilton can push limits. He's a winner and winners are always going to be like that. 

Simple question, if the roles were reversed would Red Bull and Co be acting exactly the same and Merc and Hamilton? 

I think the answer is why there's some bitterness towards his world title

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Hamilton has sleepwalked through 4 world championships since the start of 2017. He doesn’t like being challenged, no wonder he thinks Bottas is the best team mate ever because he completely manipulated him.