The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

Just now, Stive Pesley said:

Sorry mate - but you are attempting to link 2 random occurrences to the vaccine. With zero medical evidence. That doesn't deserve anything else but derision

Come on - covid vaccine responsible for a muscle tear in the calf??

You state these are random occurrences, as if that's a fact, without knowing anything about it, how delightfully arrogant of you.

20 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I did a return to work interview with a lady who has been off work for 12 weeks.Two days after having her jab she collapsed and spent two weeks in hospital unable to breathe.

She's back at work but on light duties and can't climb stairs without stopping to rest and is undergoing further tests.

Are they treating it as related to the vaccination?

A guy I work with had the fairly common "48 hours of feverishness" - and then a week later had a heart attack, but it was due to a pre-existing undiagnosed condition - and the fact he was under a lot of stress at work. Nobody is suggesting it was vaccine-related

46 minutes ago, ramit said:

A couple of examples from my family.

Two days after my sister gets her second jab, she is pained by a constant muscle cramp in her calf.  She tries to tough it out, but it gets worse and she can't sleep or do anything because of the pain.  My brother in law drives her to the hospital and upon examination it is found that her calf muscle has actually torn, along with all the veins around it.  Her leg is black and blue up to her knee and it will take ten weeks for her to recuperate.

The nosebleed one sounds horrific but I have no idea if it's coincidence or not. I had my second (AZ) jab yesterday and they did ask me if I was on any blood thinners but not sure why.

The muscle tear though is a mechanical injury, so can't be linked to a jab surely.

1 minute ago, ramit said:

You state these are random occurrences, as if that's a fact, without knowing anything about it, how delightfully arrogant of you.

I know only what you told us. And you offered no medical evidence that they were linked, so what other option is there than to perceive them as random? Other than to indulge your paranoia about the nefarious vaccine - which I totally get is what you want to hear, but still. It's not arrogance, just critical thinking based on the facts as presented. Feel free to provide more evidence

Apologies if they are injecting in the calf in Iceland. We get it in the arm here, so I've made an assumption there

5 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

The nosebleed one sounds horrific but I have no idea if it's coincidence or not. I had my second (AZ) jab yesterday and they did ask me if I was on any blood thinners but not sure why.

The muscle tear though is a mechanical injury, so can't be linked to a jab surely.

Stepmother has been on blood thinners.  Thank you for pointing out that part.  i don't know what can be linked and what not, just know these things happened shortly after the jab.

I work with a guy who has just spent about 4 weeks in hospital after his injection. Anaphylaxis. It happens. Nobody is saying that the vaccine is 100% safe, but 99.999999% should be enough for most people to not fear taking it.

56 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Are they treating it as related to the vaccination?

A guy I work with had the fairly common "48 hours of feverishness" - and then a week later had a heart attack, but it was due to a pre-existing undiagnosed condition - and the fact he was under a lot of stress at work. Nobody is suggesting it was vaccine-related

Strangely the very kind of death that would have been included in the death from any cause within 28 days of a positive test ,,,, hmmmmm and you don’t even have the slightest awareness when you post this stuff ????

30 minutes ago, ramit said:

i have no access to the proof you demand.

Proof is hard to come by as it gets shutdown. 

For example, there was a Facebook page with 200k followers talking about their post-jab symptoms that was removed.  200k is still a small number given the huge number of vaccines administered - but it is also not an insignificant number.

10 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I work with a guy who has just spent about 4 weeks in hospital after his injection. Anaphylaxis. It happens. Nobody is saying that the vaccine is 100% safe, but 99.999999% should be enough for most people to not fear taking it.

Brett Weinstein was talking about risks, including anaphlyaxis back in December - there is an excellent segment well worth watching in the following video (watch from approx 11m40s onwards)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIcV3rmk9hM

Furthermore that actual guy that invented mRNA technology said that the vaccine presents a health risk - another excellent 15m conversation here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du2wm5nhTXY - although Politifact have decided its false information; 

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/jun/16/youtube-videos/no-sign-covid-19-vaccines-spike-protein-toxic-or-c/

Personally, I think the vaccine is obviously highly effective at protecting against covid but both short and long term effects should not be so readily dismissed.

24 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Then perhaps vaccinating the young and children with no medical issues is ethically questionable then ??‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Archied said:

Serious question ,, anybody with young children on here with no underlying health issues ? If so do you intend having them vaccinated for covid 

18yo doesn't want it - very happy about that.

13yo hasn't really mentioned it - as he's under 16 I assume it will be the parents choice in which case he can wait until he's old enough and make his own mind up.

11 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

What is it about his decision that makes you so 'very happy'?

Firstly, because he has made his own informed decision.  

Secondly, we are all fit and healthy in our house.

Thirdly, our kids are in an age group where the risk to their health is tiny. 

Finally, I would prefer to wait for data on any long term effects before we start vaccinating the entire population.  

7 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Firstly, because he has made his own informed decision.  

Secondly, we are all fit and healthy in our house.

Thirdly, our kids are in an age group where the risk to their health is tiny. 

Finally, I would prefer to wait for data on any long term effects before we start vaccinating the entire population.  

Good luck with that then.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/05/01/992148299/covid-doesnt-discriminate-by-age-serious-cases-on-the-rise-in-younger-adults?t=1624031469278

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/covid-cases-england-young-people-b1867611.html

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

6 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Hmmmm , this is where it starts to get sticky and kind of goal post shifty, 

let’s have some real figures of deaths from covid in under 40s first then perhaps under twenties , vaccine push in the most vulnerable is one thing but vaccine push in people at virtually no risk from it is quite another and real figures need to be used not project fear tactics we are seeing predictably emerge now we are reaching the stage of those vulnerable being already vaccinated, I posted already the quite worrying push to roll the vaccines out in Africa far far less affected by covid than malaria , HIV and other treatable more pressing killers 

1 minute ago, Archied said:

let’s have some real figures of deaths from covid in under 40s first then perhaps under twenties , vaccine push in the most vulnerable is one thing but vaccine push in people at virtually no risk from it is quite another and real figures need to be used not project fear tactics we are seeing predictably emerge now we are reaching the stage of those vulnerable being already vaccinated, I posted already the quite worrying push to roll the vaccines out in Africa far far less affected by covid than malaria , HIV and other treatable more pressing killers 

E3cQOd6XEAAqKxQ.jpg

17 minutes ago, Archied said:

I've a couple of GP friends and they've pretty much echoed the content of the two articles posted. As the other fella stated, it's a matter of choice but I do personally worry about the younger generations as it does appear they are not as bulletproof as was once thought.

Equally, some folk are more concerned about the vaccination than the virus and that's their call. I'm fine with the vaccine personally and my lad who, is at college, has also had a jab as his mum is high risk and being a good lad, he sees quite a lot of his nan too who is obviously quite old.

I'm very happy with that ?