The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

You must like buses. I dont think I've been on six buses in the past 20 years.

Free transport after 9:30 am for us oldies. I'm down to about 3,000 miles annually in my car now.

33 minutes ago, maxjam said:

My gut feeling is that the controversy surrounding Ivermectin will rumble on until some actual investigative journalism uncovers the truth - does anyone do that anymore?!? 

Yes, but they get banned from every media platform if they investigate the wrong things.

19 hours ago, Eddie said:

Free transport after 9:30 am for us oldies. I'm down to about 3,000 miles annually in my car now.

Hmm..if catching the virus is such a concern for the oldies why don't they use the car instead of the bus .. isn't it safer?  Mind you having seen how some oldies drive maybe not. 

16 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

We need a thorough investigation into the response to the pandemic, from Govt and corporate overreach, the influence of Sage (and their at times bizarre modelling) to media censorship and propaganda, etc.  

I doubt we'll ever get one however, a lot of people have made a lot of money during the pandemic and enjoyed the power, control and virtuousness they have exerted over others.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Hmm..if catching the virus is such a concern for the oldies why don't they use the car instead of the bus .. isn't it safer?  Mind you having seen how some oldies drive maybe not. 

I can only speak from personal experience.

• We personally choose our times when the buses are generally less crowded (the bus pass is invalid before 9:30 am anyway).
  • Many people (primarily the older people) are still wearing masks on buses - to prevent passing the virus on. It seems that message never really sank in, except with the elderly. Now it's entirely voluntary, the young seem to have abandoned masks almost entirely, either through ignorance, arrogance or complacency.
  • Car travel is a luxury and getting more so as fuel prices increase, and UK state pensions are among the lowest in Europe. I'm thinking about stopping driving for good - I have to re-apply for a new licence anyway in a few months.
  • I have had a driving licence for 51 years. In that time, I have had 4 claims, all of which were 'the other chap's fault'. One was an airborne pallet on a motorway, one when someone hit my car which was parked on my drive when I wasn't even in it, one when a moron was fishtailing in snow, crossed over and hit me head-on and the fourth was on the canal bridge in Long Eaton where I was waiting to turn right and the other driver thrutched me up the boot. I've also still got a clean driving licence (nul point - not even a speeding ticket).
Edited by Eddie

39 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I can only speak from personal experience.

• We personally choose our times when the buses are generally less crowded (the bus pass is invalid before 9:30 am anyway).
  • Many people (primarily the older people) are still wearing masks on buses - to prevent passing the virus on. It seems that message never really sank in, except with the elderly. Now it's entirely voluntary, the young seem to have abandoned masks almost entirely, either through ignorance, arrogance or complacency.
  • Car travel is a luxury and getting more so as fuel prices increase, and UK state pensions are among the lowest in Europe. I'm thinking about stopping driving for good - I have to re-apply for a new licence anyway in a few months.
  • I have had a driving licence for 51 years. In that time, I have had 4 claims, all of which were 'the other chap's fault'. One was an airborne pallet on a motorway, one when someone hit my car which was parked on my drive when I wasn't even in it, one when a moron was fishtailing in snow, crossed over and hit me head-on and the fourth was on the canal bridge in Long Eaton where I was waiting to turn right and the other driver thrutched me up the boot. I've also still got a clean driving licence (nul point - not even a speeding ticket).

I was only joking you know. 

7 hours ago, Andrew3000 said:

I hadn't seen that before and have just sat down to watch it - as you say powerful stuff.

If there is any truth in the fact that Ivermectin helps prevent against 70%+ of covid related deaths and hospitalizations and this was known about back in January 2021 but suppressed and ridiculed, we (the people) shouldn't stop shouting about it until people have lost their jobs, been imprisoned and made sure that similar situations can never arise again.  Never gonna happen but I can hope...

It seems amazing to me that we can encounter a novel virus, decode it, mass produce a vaccine that passes (albeit rushed) safety tests quicker than we can conduct a high quality study into an existing widely used and historically safe drug.  The Oxford study into Ivermectin has been going on for approx a year now but had to shut down for a while due to a lack of Ivermectin ?

Maybe I'm just being naive but during the worst of the pandemic, certainly before the vaccine became available - when people were dying in their tens of thousands a day globally I would have moved heaven and earth to run rigorous tests on anything that seemed like it may be able to help.  Instead we get the FDA in the full knowledge that Ivermectin has been safely used billions of times by humans tweeting out its a horse drug. 

Something doesn't up and I hope some tenacious bugger eventually gets to the truth.

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

I hadn't seen that before and have just sat down to watch it - as you say powerful stuff.

If there is any truth in the fact that Ivermectin helps prevent against 70%+ of covid related deaths and hospitalizations and this was known about back in January 2021 but suppressed and ridiculed, we (the people) shouldn't stop shouting about it until people have lost their jobs, been imprisoned and made sure that similar situations can never arise again.  Never gonna happen but I can hope...

It seems amazing to me that we can encounter a novel virus, decode it, mass produce a vaccine that passes (albeit rushed) safety tests quicker than we can conduct a high quality study into an existing widely used and historically safe drug.  The Oxford study into Ivermectin has been going on for approx a year now but had to shut down for a while due to a lack of Ivermectin ?

Maybe I'm just being naive but during the worst of the pandemic, certainly before the vaccine became available - when people were dying in their tens of thousands a day globally I would have moved heaven and earth to run rigorous tests on anything that seemed like it may be able to help.  Instead we get the FDA in the full knowledge that Ivermectin has been safely used billions of times by humans tweeting out its a horse drug. 

Something doesn't up and I hope some tenacious bugger eventually gets to the truth.

I really think that you ought to test it out on yourself.

I'd gladly pay your entry fee into the next Grand National.

I've been waiting for the first release of the Pfizer documents (more data coming in future months) to feature in the media, unfortunately it doesn't look like its going to happen.  The biggest health emergency in our lifetime for which Pfizer wanted to suppress the data from for 75 years hasn't even caused a ripple, stunning really especially given some of the information released. 

Dr. John Campbell has produced a good summary of the data in the video below and given that he has been massively pro-vaccination throughout the pandemic (and his professional life) is understandably downbeat.

14 hours ago, maxjam said:

hasn't even caused a ripple, stunning really especially given some of the information released. 

Probably worth mentioning that this is a supposed leak rather than an official release, and Pfizer have said that the document is unauthenticated, so that might go some way to explain why the media haven't been covering it in any detail

I looked at the doc and I couldn't work out how many vaccinations had been given in relation to the adverse effects listed

Or how they ascertained that the adverse effects were linked to the vaccination, rather than just occurring for other reasons

If you can't see the percentages and you can't measure the normal statistical occurrences of these adverse events in the general population then it seems obvious to me that the document doesn't allow any concrete conclusions to be drawn - without filling in the blanks with assumptions that fit the conclusion you want to make (in order to push the buttons of your 2million youtube subscribers)

46 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Probably worth mentioning that this is a supposed leak rather than an official release, and Pfizer have said that the document is unauthenticated, so that might go some way to explain why the media haven't been covering it in any detail

I looked at the doc and I couldn't work out how many vaccinations had been given in relation to the adverse effects listed

Or how they ascertained that the adverse effects were linked to the vaccination, rather than just occurring for other reasons

If you can't see the percentages and you can't measure the normal statistical occurrences of these adverse events in the general population then it seems obvious to me that the document doesn't allow any concrete conclusions to be drawn - without filling in the blanks with assumptions that fit the conclusion you want to make (in order to push the buttons of your 2million youtube subscribers)

Took the time to watch and one of the main concerns the man was putting across was that the number of vaccines given was redacted so not allowing people to work out any percentage per jab v problems ??‍♂️