The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

11 hours ago, TexasRam said:

R number down to <1, cases falling week on week. We didn’t introduce any measures, no mandatory mask wearing, no stay or work from home mandates, no keep 2ms apart dictation, what is this sorcery how can this be ??????

Maybe with the clocks changing the stat benders have overslept ??‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

Maybe with the clocks changing the stat benders have overslept ??‍♂️

I’m shocked none for the forum Covid experts have come up with a reason why by now. 

I'm hoping that the recent developments in treatment help shift the emphasis away from vaccinating everyone and his dog.

I hope they are safe and effective. Wish I could trust our research system to show this but when important analysis of safety data about vaccines gets pulled after the peer review without explanation it kind of dents the confidence.

Shame we couldn't have an unbiased analysis of already existing anti-virals but at least we are expanding options.

26 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

Shame we couldn't have an unbiased analysis of already existing anti-virals but at least we are expanding options.

Florida has gone from having one of the worst covid rates in the USA to one of the best after making monoclonal antibody treatments and vaccines widely and free to all.

https://www.flgov.com/2021/10/27/florida-reaches-lowest-case-rate-in-the-nation/

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

The pandemic ran riot in schools 6-8 weeks ago, and now over-12s are being vaccinated.

Incidentally, we are so far ahead of South Korea in performance that you should be proud.

37947907_SouthKoreaCovid.thumb.jpg.8d48b3c73e22554188ceaceba099d008.jpg

Oh, wait...

Great more people vaccinated, a good thing and no need for masks, social distancing then as cases are dropping. Also with a potential medicine coming that reduces the risk if you do get it, there will be no need for all the other stuff (masks, social distancing, not seeing any other humans ever, locking yourself in a dark room etc etc) and the continued clamour from some groups to continue with them. 

Well done South Korea anyway

36 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

There are some proper stat benders in this thread that's for sure ?

Absolutely, we all do it when the numbers fit our narrative. Good fun though ?

9 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Glad you've been having fun while many others have been concerned about their own and their family's health.

Perhaps There in lies the problem , you can do both in life and I would suggest it pretty much vital you can and do,

I absolutely find most of Eddie’s views terribly as I’m sure he does mine , BUT he still has the ability to take and make jokes with me in the right spirit,

we are ALL doing what we believe is right for the health , well being and future of our families??‍♂️

Edited by Archied

10 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Glad you've been having fun while many others have been concerned about their own and their family's health.

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

Seriously, get over yourself. Everyone’s concerned about their family’s health you don’t have the market on that. If reading a debate on a football forum has distracted you from that then maybe don’t read it. 

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Have a go trying to explain South Korea's numbers then

I can’t and wouldn’t pretend I could. They’ve done remarkably well, don’t know how or why, I don’t know the variables Vs the UK (for which there will be many) so can’t analyse their numbers. What I can categorically state is our current numbers are falling at a decent rate without us doing much at all other than the vaccine program. Can you explain that? 

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I can’t and wouldn’t pretend I could. They’ve done remarkably well, don’t know how or why, I don’t know the variables Vs the UK (for which there will be many) so can’t analyse their numbers. What I can categorically state is our current numbers are falling at a decent rate without us doing much at all other than the vaccine program. Can you explain that? 

Is it because our numbers are falling because of the vaccine program?

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Is it because our numbers are falling because of the vaccine program?

But when they were rising a few weeks ago it was because we weren’t wearing masks or social distancing anymore wasn’t it? I’m confused now….. have we vaccinated so many people in the past few weeks? 

21 hours ago, maxjam said:

Florida has gone from having one of the worst covid rates in the USA to one of the best after making monoclonal antibody treatments and vaccines widely and free to all.

https://www.flgov.com/2021/10/27/florida-reaches-lowest-case-rate-in-the-nation/

Ha ha ha yeah… of course that is what happened…? 
anyone believing anything that he has to say is as foolish as anyone believing anything the orange baffoon had to say too. 
the reason the number of cases is dropping in Florida is simple, because no one ever gave a crap about It right from the start and no one wore masks or took any other precautions….and now they have all had It…nothing to do with De-Moron and his idiot friends. 

5 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

But when they were rising a few weeks ago it was because we weren’t wearing masks or social distancing anymore wasn’t it? I’m confused now….. have we vaccinated so many people in the past few weeks? 

I thought it was pretty obvious that it spread massively through schools over the last 2 months. So many kids caught it, they've probably all had it now. Half term probably reduced cases too though.

And whilst you seem to be celebrating our cases dropping, that pesky old death number is still rising thanks to the Autumn increase in cases.

We've had approx the same number of deaths in the last 30 days as South Korea has in total.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

I thought it was pretty obvious that it spread massively through schools over the last 2 months. So many kids caught it, they've probably all had it now. Half term probably reduced cases too though.

And whilst you seem to be celebrating our cases dropping, that pesky old death number is still rising thanks to the Autumn increase in cases.

We've had approx the same number of deaths in the last 30 days as South Korea has in total.

Did it? Do you have the stats on that? anecdotally with children at school age I can with a good amount of certainty state it didn’t in the schools where I live, maybe we were lucky. 
I won’t debate the death number as I don’t believe it and nothing you or anybody writes on here will change my opinion on that, the within 28 days since a positive test is just BS. Maybe South Korea (which I see is now the New NZ and OZ all of a sudden) is apportioning the correct reason for deaths?