The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

4 hours ago, Archied said:

Yea it’s so working class doing stuff for yourself ???

The problem with me queuing at the bar is that I'm not very assertive - in real life, I'm very polite and patient to the point of dying of thirst. I think that standing there waving a tenner at the barman, trying to catch his eye, is just horrible - especially with me being deaf. I don't know whether he's saying "What do you want?", "I saw you, I'll get to you in a minute" or "Hello, sweetie. Do you want to come back to my place bouncy bouncy?".

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The problem with me queuing at the bar is that I'm not very assertive - in real life, I'm very polite and patient to the point of dying of thirst. I think that standing there waving a tenner at the barman, trying to catch his eye, is just horrible - especially with me being deaf. I don't know whether he's saying "What do you want?", "I saw you, I'll get to you in a minute" or "Hello, sweetie. Do you want to come back to my place bouncy bouncy?".

Although I’m not deaf I stand by this view 100% he amount of times this has happened to me at a bar, I’d love a pair of boobs just for getting severed quicker ?

The best thing that has come out of all this is the car parking apps, no longer do I have to worry about having some change in my car. 

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Although I’m not deaf I stand by this view 100% he amount of times this has happened to me at a bar, I’d love a pair of boobs just for getting severed quicker ?

The best thing that has come out of all this is the car parking apps, no longer do I have to worry about having some change in my car. 

sounds nasty 

10 minutes ago, Eddie said:

As stated I’m with you on that, my most unpleasant situations are like for instance the concourses at pride park ,people spilling beer all over you , belching and farting it at you and often in a half cut state that makes things seem on the verge of kicking off , bad enough with just me there but if I have the wife and or kids with me it’s horrible, that said others really enjoy that kind of environment and it makes their experience better ,,,,, thing is that’s their choice and I don’t want to or think I have the right to use covid as a tool to shape the country and people to how I prefer things ??‍♂️

6 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Although I’m not deaf I stand by this view 100% he amount of times this has happened to me at a bar, I’d love a pair of boobs just for getting severed quicker ?

The parking apps have been around for years down here in london , pain at first but quickly got to prefer them ,, prob is you need both options as some just don’t get on with the tecy stuff

32 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I think that standing there waving a tenner at the barman, trying to catch his eye, is just horrible - especially with me being deaf. I don't know whether he's saying "What do you want?", "I saw you, I'll get to you in a minute" or "Hello, sweetie. Do you want to come back to my place bouncy bouncy?".

That topless night in the Duke of Devonshire in Belper has got a lot to answer for.... ?

32 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Your lack of self awareness is totally astounding. 

People, that I assume voted Brexit/Conservative, have attacked the Governments handling of this pandemic on a regularly basis, only to be met with resistance from posters like you.

I'm completely unaware how you have actually managed to back Government policy on so many occasions yet at the same time tell everyone what an awful job they are doing.

I actually think you have a mindset of arguing against a pre judged list of posters rather than any of the actual points that they make.

You must be reading a different forum. I've seen people from all sides attack the government for certain things and praise them when things have gone well. 

Furlough, Vaccinations and the seriousness of the first lockdown (once it got going) were all good.

They also have made plenty of howlers which I won't bother listing here as I think it will go on for ages and we all know them.

I've supported the lockdowns, but also think the government have done a terrible job in implementing them too late each time, both increasing deaths and further damaging the economy.

At least admit that this regime are pretty useless in a crisis, mainly because they have no background or experience of ever doing anything important. You preferred this regime vs the others available and fair enough. Just spare us the media and current opposition excuses. Can you just admit they are pretty clueless without trying to pass the buck?

I hoped you weren't duped too much and went for Johnson, knowing his countless faults and limitations. You seem pretty rational and analytical, especially on other threads, and I would expect you to rail against such manifest incompetence.

I'm not claiming the previous Labour offering would have fared any better, but I'm sure some of the sidelined and experienced former Tory leaders would have done much better that this bunch of 2nd raters.

We are craving competence, leadership and experience. I hope something changes before the damage becomes irreversible and/or dangerous.

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

We aren't.  Unless you're slagging off Tories and then its allowed to slide ?

To be fair the one person who reported most of the political posts has left, so I'm a bit more inclined to let the conversation continue. I tend to remove argumentative stuff, or the posts that get personal about other forum posters. 

If it winds anyone up, I'd suggest they use the report button. 

25 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I’d love a pair of boobs just for getting severed quicker ?

Severed...from?? Or is that a euphemism? 

BTW I never got that logic. From personal experience I can tell you I made them wait longer to allow me to enjoy the view as much as possible. 

Plus, women would generally order, a gin and tonic (no ice), a vodka and lemonade (with ice), and two different cocktails I had never heard of and which they had no clue of its contents either. A bloke would order 4 pints of lager and a bitter...no contest which order I preferred sorting. 

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

To be fair the one person who reported most of the political posts has left, so I'm a bit more inclined to let the conversation continue. I tend to remove argumentative stuff, or the posts that get personal about other forum posters. 

That’s good news , it’s impossible to debate some topics without politics bleeding in , just a case of playing nice??

11 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

@David made a pretty strong post on page one of this thread and the majority have been very careful, other than to occasionally criticise covid policies etc, to avoid bringing politics back into the thread.  

I personally feel that in recent times especially, political opinions have been creeping back into this thread and whilst I don't personally agree with a lot of what this Government has been doing it is hard to lay all of the blame at their feet when the opposition have done an excellent job of alienating their base and empowering the Tories - but to discuss this would lead to posts being removed and as has been happening, a one-sided narrative starting to emerge.

Ultimately, this thread should be about covid.  With the vaccination program we're rapidly reaching (if not already reached) herd immunity and on the verge (give or take a few weeks) of returning to normal.  We should be celebrating the successes or discussing variants etc, anything else, I thought, was a banned topic of conversation - especially when, as discussed, actually having a conversation would result in posts being removed anyway.

26 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

You've had the vaccination right?

Haha I have but they’ve grown no bigger........yet 

35 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

That topless night in the Duke of Devonshire in Belper has got a lot to answer for.... ?

And the Prince Spondon, taught me everything I know ?

10 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Funnily enough, we were in Belper yesterday - but at The Angels. I don't know whether anyone got their kit off.

Ooh. Now I don't recognise that which is not surprising as I haven’t lived in Belper since 1985. Where /what is Angels? Is it somewhere for @sages birthday drinks in a couple of weeks (when I will be paying a visit). 

41 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Whereas I'd have banned the lot of you by now; just be grateful this is @GboroRam's thread, not mine! ?