The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

Well they cant keep shutting things down and expect everything to be okay and incase some of you not heard coming up with a tablet to stop people needing go to hospital it will get rid of cov 19 in that person all togather.

5 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Sunak? What the guy did to those millions he made ineligible for furlough payments after refusing to move an arbitrary cut off date is still an absolute disgrace.

And the Eat Out to Help Out scheme which caused a spike in the Covid cases wasn't the cleverest move either. 

You do realise whatever date was used for furlough scheme would have meant that some people missed out? What date would you have used out of interest? And what would you have based your decision on?

The Eat Out To Help Out did not lead to any spike in cases, or at least nobody has been able to provide evidence to the contrary, maybe you could provide it?

https://fullfact.org/news/did-eat-out-help-out-cause-covid-spread/

3 hours ago, Archied said:

There in lies your problem , yourself and others have decided protecting themselves ( fear based) is them protecting all of us ,pretending they are on some moral high ground , there’s plenty who believe we are being over protected and don’t want you protecting us anymore thanks ??‍♂️

Nail on head.

If people are worried about the Indian variant then let them stay locked up in their house (if that is what they want).

I'm vaccinated now and happy to take my chances.

The people that are vulnerable to this disease, or other variants of it, are vulnerable now until it is completely eradicated, which is not going to happen.

Its quite a harsh thing to say but I am absolutely disgusted with anyone that is advocating ruining the lives of the younger generation anymore.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nail on head.

If people are worried about the Indian variant then let them stay locked up in their house (if that is what they want).

The people that are vulnerable to this disease, or other variants of it, are vulnerable now until it is completely eradicated, which is not going to happen.

Its quite a harsh thing to say but I am absolutely disgusted with anyone that is advocating ruining the lives of the younger generation anymore.

I'm 33, the Mrs is under 30.

I've had one jab, she's had none. I don't really want people telling me I have to stay indoors and not do anything for another month. 

We've both worked though the pandemic, and as a direct consequence caught Covid back in January.

Let me ducking live. Sick of people who are vaccinated saying we have to wait. No thanks.

It's really not asking much considering the NHS is safe, hospitalisation are low and old people who are fully vaccinated are going on holiday and drinking in pubs.

Just open up the ducking country. Far more damage is being done by keeping us locked down. 

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nail on head.

Think you would also be surprised how many of the older generation don’t want the rest of their lives ruining too ,

this whole selfish rhetoric needs re examining,,,, keep everybody safe translates to make EVERYBODY do what makes me feel safe 

10 minutes ago, Norman said:

I've had one jab, she's had none. I don't really want people telling me I have to stay indoors and not do anything for another month. 

We've both worked though the pandemic, and as a direct consequence caught Covid back in January.

Let me ducking live. Sick of people who are vaccinated saying we have to wait. No thanks.

It's really not asking much considering the NHS is safe, hospitalisation are low and old people who are fully vaccinated are going on holiday and drinking in pubs.

Just open up the ducking country. Far more damage is being done by keeping us locked down. 

Yeah but there MIGHT be another variant which MIGHT be more transmissible and MIGHT lead to more hospitalisation and MIGHT lesd to deaths going into treble figures per week.

I think its best to stay locked in your house for another month just to make sure.

But don't forget to go to work and the supermarket and mix with hundreds of other people, that should be ok.

3 minutes ago, Norman said:

Yep like you , mysel and family have worked all through covid with no ducker keeping us safe ( don’t expect or want anybody to ) ,

jeez we have vaccines now and we still have the I’m alright jack preaching to keep everybody in this torture ,, perhaps if we had furloughed pensions and taxed those not losing out or even gaining in a fair and equitable way to those losing their shirts we may have far less of this oh let’s just keep things going just to be on the safe side rubbish??‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Archied said:

Think you would also be surprised how many of the older generation don’t want the rest of their lives ruining too ,

this whole selfish rhetoric needs re examining,,,, keep everybody safe translates to make EVERYBODY do what makes me feel safe 

My mum was absolutely scared shitless by the media propaganda. 

She has now had both jabs and is happy to return to normal. 

I'm completely bemused by anyone that has had only one jab and doesn't want this poo show to end.

Got my 2nd jab in 7 days, will be left wondering what the point of having it is if the Government bow down to the doom mongers.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

My mum was absolutely scared shitless by the media propaganda. 

She has now had both jabs and is happy to return to normal. 

I'm completely bemused by anyone that has had only one jab and doesn't want this poo show to end.

Got my 2nd jab in 7 days, will be left wondering what the point of having it is if the Government bow down to the doom mongers.

Strangely you post that just as I have booked second jab , although I have had to fight the urge to say duck it what’s the point after the goalposts moved yet again but have it I will just to play the game but that’s the final bow go along with things action I intend to carry out after sticking to all the rules that half the time make no sense and are constantly Broken or contradicted by those at the top making them,,latest being scare the crap out of the public with the Indian variant whilst flying plane loads in from India for weeks on end ,,, you couldn’t make this stuff up ??‍♂️

41 minutes ago, Norman said:

I'm double-jabbed and I feel exactly the same - how much safer can I be, unless I never leave the house again!

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

You do realise whatever date was used for furlough scheme would have meant that some people missed out? What date would you have used out of interest? And what would you have based your decision on?

The Eat Out To Help Out did not lead to any spike in cases, or at least nobody has been able to provide evidence to the contrary, maybe you could provide it?

https://fullfact.org/news/did-eat-out-help-out-cause-covid-spread/

There didn't have to be any arbitrary cut off date full stop which answers your question. People unfairly excluded were not allowed to prove that they were on a companies payroll and paying tax which would have solved the entire issue. Turning your question back on yourself what would you have done then to make sure that nobody fell through the gaps? And why wasn't it done.

Not sure what evidence you've used to say that the Eat out Scheme DIDN'T cause the spike in cases or are you attesting that there wasn't a spike at all which coincided with there scheme being rolled out?

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-eat-out-to-help-out-accelerated-second-wave-of-covid-19-study-says-12118285

Edited by Tyler Durden

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

There didn't have to be any arbitrary cut off date full stop which answers your question. People unfairly excluded were not allowed to prove that they were on a companies payroll and paying tax which would have solved the entire issue. Turning your question back on yourself what would you have done then to make sure that nobody fell through the gaps? And why wasn't it done.

Not sure what evidence you've used to say that the Eat out Scheme DIDN'T cause the spike in cases or are you attesting that there wasn't a spike at all which coincided with there scheme being rolled out?

So just to be clear, no cut off date, everyone qualifies for the CJRS, and you dont see any potential issues with that? 

Which people were unfairly excluded out of interest?

Its not up to me to prove there wasnt a spike in cases following the EOTHO scheme because Im not the one that made the point. As someone who has an interest in the hospitality sector we have asked repeatedly for the evidence but have never received any, it looks like we are about to get it from you though...the floor is all yours...

There'll be riots if by the 14th June Boris turns around and deviates away from a full re-opening on the 21st June. 

We keep hearing that cases are rising exponentially. If that's right, what did they call the cases rising in the first and second waves? Just over 3000 for the last 3 days, some will say lagging with figures over the bank holiday weekend, if thats the case we should see cases at around 10000+ tomorrow if this variant is making cases rise exponentially. 

It would be great if somebody on here could put up a poll to see what people think about whether we need to put the 21st June date back. Nobody I speak to would agree with that if it happens.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So just to be clear, no cut off date, everyone qualifies for the CJRS, and you dont see any potential issues with that? 

Which people were unfairly excluded out of interest?

Its not up to me to prove there wasnt a spike in cases following the EOTHO scheme because Im not the one that made the point. As someone who has an interest in the hospitality sector we have asked repeatedly for the evidence but have never received any, it looks like we are about to get it from you though...the floor is all yours...

You didn't answer my question - what would you have done to ensure that nobody fell through the gaps? There were millions who were denied furlough payments through no fault of their own other then changing jobs at the wrong time.

And I've posted a link to a study regards the Eat out Scheme. 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You didn't answer my question - what would you have done to ensure that nobody fell through the gaps? There were millions who were denied furlough payments through no fault of their own other then changing jobs at the wrong time.

And I've posted a link to a study regards the Eat out Scheme. 

Millions denied furlough because they changed jobs at the wrong time? Can I see the evidence if this claim please?

There simply had to be a cut off date for the scheme but I believe there should have been a safety net where individuals could have appealed on a case by case basis.

I saw your link and it had already been pre-empted with a link to fact checking site which said there was pretty much very little basis to the claims, this is backed up by the Government being unable to provide any evidence to the hospitality sector.

12 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

There'll be riots if by the 14th June Boris turns around and deviates away from a full re-opening on the 21st June. 

We keep hearing that cases are rising exponentially. If that's right, what did they call the cases rising in the first and second waves? Just over 3000 for the last 3 days, some will say lagging with figures over the bank holiday weekend, if thats the case we should see cases at around 10000+ tomorrow if this variant is making cases rise exponentially. 

It would be great if somebody on here could put up a poll to see what people think about whether we need to put the 21st June date back. Nobody I speak to would agree with that if it happens.

Whilst I wouldn't condone riots, I hope it would spell the end of the Government. The message was clear from about 9 months ago that the lockdowns were to protect the NHS from being overwhelmed and the vaccine was the way out of this.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Millions denied furlough because they changed jobs at the wrong time? Can I see the evidence if this claim please?

There simply had to be a cut off date for the scheme but I believe there should have been a safety net where individuals could have appealed on a case by case basis.

I saw your link and it had already been pre-empted with a link to fact checking site which said there was pretty much very little basis to the claims, this is backed up by the Government being unable to provide any evidence to the hospitality sector.

Yes I agree that there should have been a secondary check to appeal any decision not just say that if you missed the cut off date then tough. But Sunak slyly totally disassociated himself with the furlough scheme by saying it was down the employers to decide whether they would pay someone furlough or not, not him. So abdicated any responsibility for the crass way it was administered.

I can understand that the scheme would be open to fraud but it seemed totally obscene for Sunak to say the reason he wouldn't change the date was to protect tax payers money whilst at the same time denying perfectly legitimate claims for people who then lost homes, were driven to suicide etc.

I can only refer you back to the link which stated there was a direct correlation between Sunaks scheme and the spike in cases, if you disagree with this then suggest you post your own expect article refuting this otherwise you have to accept its validity. 

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes I agree that there should have been a secondary check to appeal any decision not just say that if you missed the cut off date then tough. But Sunak slyly totally disassociated himself with the furlough scheme by saying it was down the employers to decide whether they would pay someone furlough or not, not him. So abdicated any responsibility for the crass way it was administered.

I can understand that the scheme would be open to fraud but it seemed totally obscene for Sunak to say the reason he wouldn't change the date was to protect tax payers money whilst at the same time denying perfectly legitimate claims for people who then lost homes, were driven to suicide etc.

I can only refer you back to the link which stated there was a direct correlation between Sunaks scheme and the spike in cases, if you disagree with this then suggest you post your own expect article refuting this otherwise you have to accept its validity. 

So no evidence to back up your statement that millions were denied furlough pay? Thought not.

I also would be interested to see the evidence of people who lost their homes or were driven to suicide on the basis of the rules of the furlough scheme.

You've had the link to the fact checking site that pretty much stated that your link was not evidence based.

You'd think if there was any basis to the Warwick University paper (which is not peer reviewed by the way) that the Government would have used it when challenged by the hospitality sector for evidence for why they are still being treated differently to other sectors, guess what...its never been used.

In fact (although I will have to double check this) the Treasury's own research stated only 3% of cases were linked to the EOTHO scheme. 

Edited by G STAR RAM

I personally think something like the furlough scheme was always going to upset some,  people always miss out with any benefits type scheme. 

What I do know is the furlough scheme has undoubtedly saved jobs,  where my wife works would have seen redundancies had it not been for furlough,  yet not one job has been lost.