Joss Stone

Parsnip

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Boycie said:

It is funny.  She sang the whole series dressed as a giant demented cone of chips with a comedy phallus sticking out the top.

Next week Matt Hancock will announce this as standard PPE to be worn by the entire nation during lockdown. No one will by default be within two metres of each other.

This has been my contribution to a 'give and take' relationship for the last month or two. 

The missus was equally distraught about Joss Stone being the winner. 

Its tv hell for me but I suck it up for the rewards it brings. The panel antics really get up my nose, as did them continuously suggesting 'it could be Madonna, it could be Jayzee'.. Yehhh or it could be some bloke off Pop Idol or a girl band. 

I would prefer it if they had more non-singing people. Its vaguely interesting to watch someone from another walk of life showing they can sing but finding out JLS members can sign is not that much of revelation really. 

8 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

You sure about the mate?!?! ?

They are so poo, I once got a blood clot at one of their performances!

Halfway through the show (you'd never call it a gig), they flew over the crowd in a car, leaning over the side and praising all the beautiful ladies below them.

I was straight onto Operation Yewtree, I've seen more grass on the pitch at Pride Park recently than was on the floor of the Motorpoint Arena.

My mate once missed a lads weekend in Newcastle to go to a JLS show “with the missus”. Was about ten years ago. He’s never been allowed to forget it. We made him wear a snug JLS hoody and carry a framed picture of Aston around Blackpool as punishment. 

obviously, it was all dragged up again at the weekend. ?

1 hour ago, Rev said:

They are so poo

They are and they aren't I reckon. They were a group of boys that got together to try and form a swingbeat band. They call it Swing Jack (?) JLS actually stands for "Jack, Something, Swing" (I'll google it and add to the edit). Think Bruno Mars, Jackson 5... funky black music. 

But they went the X factor route and got lucky - their musical "philosophy" (to use an old DCFC word) was abandoned and they ended up being another boyband on the Simon Cowell conveyor belt. And they got very rich - which I think is actually important because as far as I know, they weren't before.

They were definitely talented and Aston, dressed as Robin, was brilliant on the show. His song choices were a definite nod back to his roots and I can see him doing a Swing Jack album on the back of it.

I actually met one of the JLS boys at the Chatsworth RHS where I was exhibiting my crop of world class root vegetables. He's a pig farmer now apparently and if I remember correctly he was very impressed with my radish.

4 minutes ago, Beetroot said:

They are and they aren't I reckon. They were a group of boys that got together to try and form a swingbeat band. They call it Swing Jack (?) JLS actually stands for "Jack, Something, Swing" (I'll google it and add to the edit). Think Bruno Mars, Jackson 5... funky black music. 

But they went the X factor route and got lucky - their musical "philosophy" (to use an old DCFC word) was abandoned and they ended up being another boyband on the Simon Cowell conveyor belt. And they got very rich - which I think is actually important because as far as I know, they weren't before.

They were definitely talented and Aston, dressed as Robin, was brilliant on the show. His song choices were a definite nod back to his roots and I can see him doing a Swing Jack album on the back of it.

I actually met one of the JLS boys at the Chatsworth RHS where I was exhibiting my crop of world class root vegetables. He's a pig farmer now apparently and if I remember correctly he was very impressed with my radish.

The choice of occupation for someone on celebrity burnout who decides they want out the public gaze. Always involves a 16th century estate with glamping facilities and often revolves around pigs or making cheese. I do wonder how much of the farming or cheese making there really involved in.

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The choice of occupation for someone on celebrity burnout who decides they want out the public gaze. Always involves a 16th century estate with glamping facilities and often revolves around pigs or making cheese. I do wonder how much of the farming or cheese making there really involved in.

Dunno but this JLS lad was in full tweed and had a mauled fox slumped over his shoulder.

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

@DarkFruitsRam7 on Thursday make some space on your Microsoft calendar (between your 10am scheduled spiritual naked meditation and your 10.45am scheduled Zoom call with someone inspirational that empowers you to live your best life) and get on this new lead.

Archived