Man utd chase players

Oldben

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Well lets analyse this then.

The Rams were close to entering administration? 

The fees are £2m plus wages until the end of the season, lets estimate that £8m.

So we are getting £10m for 3 unnamed junior players, when we have just got rid of Whittaker for £700k and Gordon for £1m?

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The fees are £2m plus wages until the end of the season, lets estimate that £8m.

So we are getting £10m for 3 unnamed junior players, when we have just got rid of Whittaker for £700k and Gordon for £1m?

I think it is suggested that it’s £2m for all 3

17 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think they are misinterpreting Nixon's tweet. I think he is saying the 2m for these 3 kids, plus the fees for Gordon and Whittaker is enough to get to the end of the season.

Even then I don't think that adds up. I agree with you that wages to the end of the season would be about 8m.

Would income from RamsTV and sponsorship cover the missing 4m? I would doubt it.

37 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I think they are misinterpreting Nixon's tweet. I think he is saying the 2m for these 3 kids, plus the fees for Gordon and Whittaker is enough to get to the end of the season.

Even then I don't think that adds up. I agree with you that wages to the end of the season would be about 8m.

Would income from RamsTV and sponsorship cover the missing 4m? I would doubt it.

Plus the £500k we got for loaning Curtains to the Forest Forum for a month.  

1 hour ago, roboto said:

I’m pretty sure we’ll still have other incomings like sponsorship money etc. So the incoming transfer fees won’t need to match the exact wage bill, just make up the shortfall.

I’d be really interested to hear what the streaming income is . Particularly The difference between now and a normal season. 
Do we sell 50k streams when we used to sell 20k and how much of the tenner a game goes to the club ? 

I keep thinking I should subscribe but then sometimes life and family gets in the way. For the most part I am buying on a match by match basis .. a tenner seems painful but then I think (not including ST money) match day expenses are 

parking : £ 4.20

over priced pre match  beer and crisps and beer £  7.90 ( or whatever ) 

Bit of diesel - I am very local say £ 1.90 

Total : £ 14.00 

Less beer and nibbles at home £ 2.80 

Net saving  from a normal match day - not including ticket : £ 11.20 

So at a tenner .. I am saving £ 1.20 per home game ! .. BUT 

What price can you put on  the joy of being there, feeling it, breathing it, sharing it with 28,000 others ?

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Plus paying the wage bill up until the end of the season (estimated at 4 months x £2m)

I don’t think they mean to imply that Man Utd are paying our wages.

It is suggested that income from the various sales means we can now pay the wages. Maybe until the end of the season. 

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I don’t think they mean to imply that Man Utd are paying our wages.

It is suggested that income from the various sales means we can now pay the wages. Maybe until the end of the season. 

Yeah think I mis-interpreted.

That would suggest the sale of Gordon, Holmes, Evans and Whittake has raised £8m.

That might be a low estimate as well if we believe the Daily Mail that MM is putting £7m per month in.

Let’s take stock on what has happened recently 

3 x unknown youngsters to Manchester United £2 million apparently 

1 x youngster to Liverpool £1 million apparently 

1 x youngster to Manchester City £1 million+ apparently (last season) 

good grief that is amazing (sad in its own way) 3 of the best champions league clubs coming for our youngsters - now if they start coming for the youngsters under contract we are in a different set of numbers. This should really be the sort of thing that makes headlines.

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yeah think I mis-interpreted.

That would suggest the sale of Gordon, Holmes, Evans and Whittake has raised £8m.

That might be a low estimate as well if we believe the Daily Mail that MM is putting £7m per month in.

It won’t be the whole £8m you’re estimating for wages. It will be a figure that will supplement other income (sponsorship and match streaming for example) to pay wages. Could be as little as £2m-£3m

Nixon is probably right about the impending  transfer of the 3 kids to United, but the rest is baalocks. If we were selling these to get us through to the end of the season to pay wages we wouldn’t have brought anyone in on deadline day. 

We weren’t ever going into administration, Mel is still funding us and while that continues Rooney will need to work to a tight budget.

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Nixon is probably right about the impending  transfer of the 3 kids to United, but the rest is baalocks. If we were selling these to get us through to the end of the season to pay wages we wouldn’t have brought anyone in on deadline day. 

We weren’t ever going into administration, Mel is still funding us and while that continues Rooney will need to work to a tight budget.

Not the first time I’ve seen it reported that administration is a real possibility 

Just now, cannable said:

Not the first time I’ve seen it reported that administration is a real possibility 

Reported. Think the first report was the daily fail wasn’t it?

If you choose to believe it then that is your prerogative. The CEO flat out denied it on radio Derby, the players have all been paid and we signed 5 players on deadline day. And all our main assets stayed. None of that would have happened if administration was a real possibility. 

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Reported. Think the first report was the daily fail wasn’t it?

If you choose to believe it then that is your prerogative. The CEO flat out denied it on radio Derby, the players have all been paid and we signed 5 players on deadline day. And all our main assets stayed. None of that would have happened if administration was a real possibility. 

Percy, so that makes three then. 

We signed five players on loan having sold five. 

Archived