Man utd chase players

Oldben

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Oneintheknow said:

Defo not Sam I know the 3 players, 2 are scholars, 2 under 14’s and 1 under 15. All 3 have amazing potential and a great loss to the club! Ones currently having a medical and the 2 others are talking over their contracts with Man U

Personally I'm wondering whether we need to bin off this 5 million a year vanity project if the best youngsters are being picked off anyway there's little point.  The idea of this super academy was to entice the best youngsters here and keep them to make proper money or get us promoted ideally.

If thats gone out the window may as well train in the dog poo at markeaton park. A piece of grass is a piece of grass and the coach is the coach. the player will still have the same ability academy or not, will leave if they want to leave when the bright lights of Man City are pointed at them and stay if they aren't. 

Ultimately we wind up with two or three a year who might get in our first team, the same amount who ultimately go to League 1 and perhaps one or two we sell for 4 or 5 million. to a club in the bottom half of the prem.

The last two really good youngsters who came into the first team and stayed there a few years were Hughes and Hendrick, we never had this uber academy then.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Personally I'm wondering whether we need to bin off this 5 million a year vanity project if the best youngsters are being picked off anyway there's little point.  The idea of this super academy was to entice the best youngsters here and keep them to make proper money or get us promoted ideally.

If thats gone out the window may as well train in the dog poo at markeaton park. A piece of grass is a piece of grass and the coach is the coach. the player will still have the same ability academy or not, will leave if they want to leave when the bright lights of Man City are pointed at them and stay if they aren't. 

Ultimately we wind up with two or three a year who might get in our first team, the same amount who ultimately go to League 1 and perhaps one or two we sell for 4 or 5 million. to a club in the bottom half of the prem.

The last two really good youngsters who came into the first team and stayed there a few years were Hughes and Hendrick, we never had this uber academy then.

They did come through Moor Farm. It's been expanded since they were there but the core is the same.

2 hours ago, Oneintheknow said:

Defo not Sam I know the 3 players, 2 are scholars, 2 under 14’s and 1 under 15. All 3 have amazing potential and a great loss to the club! Ones currently having a medical and the 2 others are talking over their contracts with Man U

I am a bitter Bamford, I care about Derby County more than I should do, I have perspective that life is more important (usually), I may have had a drink, I realise that life and opportunities are short but… baalocks to them all. Hope they end up on the dole.

*edit* I didn’t think the C-bomb would be picked up by the Bamford filter ?

1 hour ago, sage said:

They did come through Moor Farm. It's been expanded since they were there but the core is the same.

It just costs too much for a club in this league .  If you guarantee some of the best youngsters in the country would join, commit and sign pro terms it would be worth it.

This what Lionel said in 2001- almost word for word what Morris has been saying for six years having invested millions more.

Chairman Lionel Pickering described the new set-up as 'impressive'.

He said: "I believe that Derby County's future is now so assured that we can say at least eight players from the Academy will be in the first-team within three years.

"That's going to continue and the Academy will be producing 20-25 players over the next few years so the £5 million investment in the Academy will be quickly paid for and will continue to make Derby County self-sufficient.

"I can assure you that Derby County will not need to get in any more debt."

You can throw as much money as is possible but we won't  retain the best youngsters at academy level in todays market and whilst we may get a few others in the first team only one or two will become regulars and less will be in the 10 million bracket. 

Archived