Gibbo

IslandExile

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although, I had a period off work during lockdown, and it was awful. 

Beforehand, I dreamed of having time off work, but the reality wasn't much cop.

Maybe I'm not ready for Retirement-In, and should give LinkedIn a go.

I'm not sure I'm up for using LinkedIn for stalking though.

2 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

Although, I had a period off work during lockdown, and it was awful. 

Beforehand, I dreamed of having time off work, but the reality wasn't much cop.

Maybe I'm not ready for Retirement-In, and should give LinkedIn a go.

I'm not sure I'm up for using LinkedIn for stalking though.

LinkedIn is great, it's like Facebook but for office geeks and nerds. 

You can chortle as you look at one of you colleague or ex colleagues profile as you see how they have embellished their work achievements or career history.

Or spam unsolicited messages to random contacts selling your crappy product which is the cyber equivalent of cold calling double glazing sales. See how the internet has progressed us, it's fantastic. 

8 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Amongst all the excitement, was wondering why Colin Gibson wasn't doing the "Welcome to Derby" interviews....

@Charlie George says

"Gibbo's Facebook says he's former head of communications at DCFC and temporarily retired."

Say it ain't so @Owen87ITK.

And is "temporarily retired" the same as furloughed?

Gibbo is still very much with us!

As someone already mentioned, he did the post-match interviews on Saturday, and he’ll be at Rotherham for us tonight. He’s also done a couple of RamsTV meets over the last few weeks.

The Facebook page is correct in that he isn’t head of comms anymore, but he hasn’t been for a good few years due to various restructures etc. Hasn’t retired yet though! 

Gibbo has done very well for himself considering he never actually asks questions. It’s a peculiar interview technique, usually leads to the more shy interviewees or foreign lads not really knowing what to say or giving a bland stock response.  

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Have they gone back to travelling to away games to do the commo live from the gantry?

I seem to recall they didn't travel a few weeks ago, and used monitors to do the commo from Derby?  

We have always, since RamsTV started, commentated from Pride Park for away games. 

For various pandemic/technical reasons we’ve also done a lot of Pride Park games from inside off monitors too. 

Radio Derby aren’t travelling to away games either at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, Owen87ITK said:

We have always, since RamsTV started, commentated from Pride Park for away games. 

For various pandemic/technical reasons we’ve also done a lot of Pride Park games from inside off monitors too. 

Radio Derby aren’t travelling to away games either at the moment. 

Sorry.  Yes, I was referring to Radio Derby.

I have clearly got my commo teams mixed up, and made myself look very silly indeed!

On the plus side, I have just been quoted by @Owen87ITK, so I am still very much putting this down to being a great day!  ?

13 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

LinkedIn is great, it's like Facebook but for office geeks and nerds. 

You can chortle as you look at one of you colleague or ex colleagues profile as you see how they have embellished their work achievements or career history.

Or spam unsolicited messages to random contacts selling your crappy product which is the cyber equivalent of cold calling double glazing sales. See how the internet has progressed us, it's fantastic. 

It sounds awful to me. I avoid Facebook too. I Ithink that you might be joking ... but I'm zonked.

I guess that they're both handy for a bit of schadenfreude.

11 hours ago, Ratpackram said:

He's shocking as an interviewer.    He actually tells them the answer to his question and leaves them with no other answer than yes or like a certain former captain of this club ... " like you say "

I've always assumed that's a deliberate ploy so the subject doesn't go off script and say anthing the club media wouldn't really want them to be saying.

"So, the deal is over the line and you're glad to be here and looking forward to pulling on a Derby shirt....?" prompts a nice safe "yes of course" and it'd be hard to have to go "no, i'm right fed up, i was looking somewhere else that was offering more money to but politics meant i couldn't get that deal and I've ended up with you mugs"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived