Twitchers

FindernRam

Bit of a long shot on a football forum:

Any Twitchers or Birders{?} out there?

Loads of people in Camo gear with big binoculars and long lens cameras pointing out over Staunton Harold reservoir just before Xmas.

Didn't see any UFOs so assume it was a bird of some kind. Just curious as to what would entice people to stand for hours in the cold.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Bit of a long shot on a football forum:

Any Twitchers or Birders{?} out there?

Loads of people in Camo gear with big binoculars and long lens cameras pointing out over Staunton Harold reservoir just before Xmas.

Didn't see any UFOs so assume it was a bird of some kind. Just curious as to what would entice people to stand for hours in the cold.

I lived on the Scilly Isles for a while and it was the first time I experienced hardcore twitching. If a rare bird was spotted the whole island would know about it. Rich twitchers would scramble in on their private helicopters. Some people are very serious about it.

2 hours ago, Beetroot said:

I lived on the Scilly Isles for a while and it was the first time I experienced hardcore twitching. If a rare bird was spotted the whole island would know about it. Rich twitchers would scramble in on their private helicopters. Some people are very serious about it.

What a great opening line for a novel. 

Archived