New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Rampage said:

Donald Trump is available on Jan 20th but may be prepared to sign an interim contract now if impressed with the setup. Make Derby County Great Again hats may be available in Derby marketplace soon if his odds shorten. COYR

Good call. Even if we lose we'll still have won. Even if we get relegated we'll get promoted

Rooney and Rosenior with fresh ideas is a free trial, as alluded to above the caretaker period is basically win/win. If the players start performing to the levels that we want then it works out great and we get out of the position we're in, if not then we're not a lot worse off than we were anyway and we can still go ahead and appoint a manager.

13 hours ago, Andicis said:

People advocating for Big Sam are saying the exact things people said before Nigel Pearson joined us. It didn't work then, and it won't work now. The time for that kind of management has passed.

There's one big difference, Pearsons a duckin head case ?

18 minutes ago, Lander said:

Rooney and Rosenior with fresh ideas is a free trial, as alluded to above the caretaker period is basically win/win. If the players start performing to the levels that we want then it works out great and we get out of the position we're in, if not then we're not a lot worse off than we were anyway and we can still go ahead and appoint a manager.

It really isn’t the time to be experimenting with interim coaches. We gave Cocu far too much time. This club needs to act or they will run the risk of getting cut adrift at the bottom. 

16 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Rowett traded on his reputation at Derby and talked at length on several occasions about it being his dream job. All the while making a bunch of short term decisions and signings in order to try for a quick promotion. Then he jumped ship before having to deal with those decisions to another championship team who likely perceived as a bit of a better for getting a promotion on his CV. 

As opposed to McClaren, who whilst you can argue wasnt as clear as he should have been in rejecting Newcastle, did reject them and then was sacked after. Newcastle by the way who were/are a premiership club, a bigger club than us and his hometown club. 

Not for me, Maclaren played both sides badly, you are either fully committed or not. I’m moving him into the slithery reptile category.

3 minutes ago, Reg Matthew's Cap said:

Not for me, Maclaren played both sides badly, you are either fully committed or not. I’m moving him into the slithery reptile category.

Other than saying he was committed to the job, which he did, how could he have been more committed, signed something in blood?

21 hours ago, Reg Matthew's Cap said:

Can someone explain why when Rowett moves to another club he is referred to as a snake whereas Maclaren who did it in a more devious way is considered worthy of a 3rd comeback.

Hi reg. I would add to this that it seems odd to me that many of those who refer to him as a snake were the ones that wanted him to go

30 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

It really isn’t the time to be experimenting with interim coaches. We gave Cocu far too much time. This club needs to act or they will run the risk of getting cut adrift at the bottom. 

But if those coaches are going to scrap what they have learnt hasn't worked and start from a clean slate, which from the interviews it sounds like they are doing, why wouldn't you trial it in the very short term?

34 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Hi reg. I would add to this that it seems odd to me that many of those who refer to him as a snake were the ones that wanted him to go

Not so, it's mostly the fans who felt let down by him. Those of us who wanted him to go were relieved! ?

48 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not so, it's mostly the fans who felt let down by him. Those of us who wanted him to go were relieved! ?

I'm one of the lucky ones who post on here, I've seen Derby at their best, Brian Clough, Dave McKay, Arthur Cox, Jim Smith and Steve McClaren, All their football was a joy to watch, Admittedly for some on a pitch that Hippos would feel at home at.

I was against SM coming back the 2nd time, Why because of the bold sentence above, We as posters all have different emotions and thoughts on Who, How and What the next Manager will be and bring to DCFC.

Now, I wouldn't be so averse to him coming back, No particular reason other than hoping we could go back too Steve Mac 1, Pretty sure it's what we all want, A Manager that brings with him an attidude that players respect and will give all to achieve what we all crave, Good attacking football, A resolute Defence, A midfield that bosses the game, And DCFC in the headlines for ALL the right reasons.

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Here we go again with the Big Sam, hoofball clichè

I wonder if some people actually watch football to form their own opinions or base their opinions off what others say on social media

Ok, why didn’t Everton keep him? Why was he so unpopular with their fans despite keeping them up? Any ideas ?

2 minutes ago, Bwash_Ram said:

Rooney as team manager and Mac3 as director of football and coaching

Very likely. I think people need to be realistic about what is happening. WR and LR come as part of the new management setup. How many managers would be happy about this. One comes to mind and that's McClaren. I also think Curtis Davies will be part of the setup too, now or come the end of the season. 

Archived