New Manager

dantheram

3 minutes ago, Reg Matthew's Cap said:

Can someone explain why when Rowett moves to another club he is referred to as a snake whereas Maclaren who did it in a more devious way is considered worthy of a 3rd comeback.

Well Mac is a better manager for a start! Mac didn't do it in a devious way, he was sacked. Oh right yeah dead devious!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Reg Matthew's Cap said:

Can someone explain why when Rowett moves to another club he is referred to as a snake whereas Maclaren who did it in a more devious way is considered worthy of a 3rd comeback.

Rowett-ball was tedious.

The temptation of Newcastle for McClaren is obvious. Rowett dropped his knickers for a club he has no association with, no affinity for, and is one of our closest rivals.

Rowett-ball was tedious.

4 minutes ago, Reg Matthew's Cap said:

We sacked McClaren after he explicitly said he didn't want to go to Newcastle and wanted to stay with us. Rowett is the first or one of the few managers to leave without us sacking him isn't he despite the fact he said Derby was his dream job? (And people didn't like his style of play as well)

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I wouldn't bet against holding out until Wilder gets the sack. With 1 point from 8 games it can't be far off happening. 2 big games for them coming up against West Ham and West Brom over the next week and a bit

Can't see them getting rid of Wilder, in the same way Burnley would never get rid of Dyche if they got relegated.

They absolutely love Wilder up there (like we loved McClaren) he's a Sheffield United man through and through. 

However we all know football is a results game and stranger things have happened.

37 minutes ago, GenBr said:

he explicitly said he didn't want to go to Newcastle and wanted to stay with us

I think people have short memories, l remember how it was at the time, didn’t it take him months to get round to saying that ?  By that time form and belief had disappeared.

With Rafa supposedly out of the picture the list of favourites doesn't make for comfortable reading right now.

I genuinely don't think anyone outside of Mel and the new owners know whose coming in... Rooney/Rosenior might get a full 3 games to prove themselves as was mentioned, and they might absolutely smash it. If that's the case then I'd be somewhat open to the idea of them taking the role full time.

But without 2 or 3 wins under their belt minimum then I don't want either of them to get the role.

I can't see the new owners appointing Paul Cook, it's an incredibly underwhelming way to welcome in a new era... For that reason I reckon it's either Eddie Howe, Big Sam, John Terry (does he really want to be constantly compared to Frank Lampard though?) or Slaviša Jokanović. Wouldn't mind us nabbing another club's manager though (Cooper the most likely target).

7 minutes ago, DeMontfortRam said:

With Rafa supposedly out of the picture the list of favourites doesn't make for comfortable reading right now.

I genuinely don't think anyone outside of Mel and the new owners know whose coming in... Rooney/Rosenior might get a full 3 games to prove themselves as was mentioned, and they might absolutely smash it. If that's the case then I'd be somewhat open to the idea of them taking the role full time.

But without 2 or 3 wins under their belt minimum then I don't want either of them to get the role.

I can't see the new owners appointing Paul Cook, it's an incredibly underwhelming way to welcome in a new era... For that reason I reckon it's either Eddie Howe, Big Sam, John Terry (does he really want to be constantly compared to Frank Lampard though?) or Slaviša Jokanović. Wouldn't mind us nabbing another club's manager though (Cooper the most likely target).

Big Sam...... God forbid

On 16/11/2020 at 16:58, Nuwtfly said:

Never made the connection between the fortnight to search for a manager and the self-isolation period for foreign travel.

It’s likely that there have been other candidates lined up for some time. The two weeks might just be for BZG to fly in and make the announcement. However, it could indicate a new manager coming from abroad.

39 minutes ago, Reg Matthew's Cap said:

I think people have short memories, l remember how it was at the time, didn’t it take him months to get round to saying that ?  By that time form and belief had disappeared.

There was a lot of evasion from him on the question and it seemed obvious "I've agreed I'll go to Newcastle in the summer" was what everyone believed but he couldn't just say out loud.

Personally I still think if we hadn't had the injuries we'd not have dropped off like we did. I think the mcclaren aspect just made everything seem that much more : ? as a little bonus ?

Need a proven manager who can get us into the Prem. It's no time for sentimentality, experimentation or offering the club as a stepping stone to further some inexperienced managers career with another team. 

It's got to be Rafa or Big Sam in my opinion, backed up by some serious quality added to the team. Now that would be a huge statement from the new owners. 

4 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Need a proven manager who can get us into the Prem. It's no time for sentimentality, experimentation or offering the club as a stepping stone to further some inexperienced managers career with another team. 

It's got to be Rafa or Big Sam in my opinion, backed up by some serious quality added to the team. Now that would be a huge statement from the new owners. 

or Howe

Archived