I am feeling frustrated at the moment

B4ev6is

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Does that even fit in a standard height room? 150 inches would barely be doable length wise. 

Yeah its diagonal the 100" is measured. I set it up in the bay window. Its not that big.

Its big enough though to give big screen experience in the front room.

By put together i mean 2  50" side by side and 2 more 50" side by side under. So in a square/rectangle shape

2 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

Its not that big...just imagine 4 * 50" tvs put together

I can't even imagine that!  ?
We're more than happy enough with our 10 year old 32" telly!  (At least we went for colour for this one!)

I'm not a "Home entertainment" kind o' guy, in fairness.  Nor a massive film fan.  And as for watching RamsTV, I think my lap top is more than big enough for that, thank you very much!  ?

We only sold our DVD/Video combi a year or so ago, as we realised we hadn't used it for 15 years!  I think we have a few dozen CD's in the cupboard... and absolutely nothing to play them on (unless a lap top works?).

Tech Schmech!  ??

33 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I can't even imagine that!  ?
We're more than happy enough with our 10 year old 32" telly!  (At least we went for colour for this one!)

I'm not a "Home entertainment" kind o' guy, in fairness.  Nor a massive film fan.  And as for watching RamsTV, I think my lap top is more than big enough for that, thank you very much!  ?

We only sold our DVD/Video combi a year or so ago, as we realised we hadn't used it for 15 years!  I think we have a few dozen CD's in the cupboard... and absolutely nothing to play them on (unless a lap top works?).

Tech Schmech!  ??

How the hell have you wandered onto t’interweb??

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

How the hell have you wandered onto t’interweb??

Yeah.  Good point.  Maybe "Tech Schmech" was a bit inaccurate! 

I'm not a technophobe, but I'm just not into all this "Home entertainment" set ups. 
I do recall seeing your recent posts about new tellies, and to be honest, more than half of the discussion went right over my head!  OLED?  Not got a clue! 

Just a bog standard telly (at best!) by todays standard.  No massive screens.  No fancy sound systems.  No Doorbell cameras.  No CCTV.  No remote control lightbulbs (Apart from just the one... in our tent!), no Hive or similar.  No "Esmerelda", or whatever her bloody name is!

Hey, I can't even get the Covid App because my 5s is too old!  ?

Can you watch The Crown at the cinema or other box sets, or some obscure film that takes your eye?

No.

Mostly the cinemas get the films first anyway.

I take a flask and sandwiches with me because the snap is over priced rubbish, I mean, who wants a builders bucket of popcorn?

I saw a guy filming the movie once, I don’t think that was right?

5 hours ago, Boycie said:

Can you watch The Crown at the cinema or other box sets, or some obscure film that takes your eye?

No.

Mostly the cinemas get the films first anyway.

I take a flask and sandwiches with me because the snap is over priced rubbish, I mean, who wants a builders bucket of popcorn?

I saw a guy filming the movie once, I don’t think that was right?

Did you report it

10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I dont agree with like net flixs other streaming services not thinking that affects to people who work in cinemas.

Netflix and other streaming services were becoming a big deal long before Covid struck. It’s just something the cinema has to deal with. 

I paid for Milan at home with my family. At first I thought £20 was a bit much for something I could probably watch for free if I waited a few months, but then a trip to the cinema normally costs £50 minimum for 5 of us (I buy all the food, I can’t help myself, if I went twice a month, I probably wouldn’t, but it’s a treat, so why not). 

I used to go all the time when I was a kid, but it’s harder when you have young kids. Either you have to take them and try to pin them down during a kids film, or you have to add the expense of a babysitter to the night out. 

so much easier to get a big TV and sound system, a £1 bag of popcorn from Tesco, and watch in the comfort of your own home. 

but I will never stop enjoying the treat. Big things, like MCU films, my wife snd I always make the effort to go to the cinema for. And she always gets me a directors lounge pass for my birthday (but it normally sits unused in the next birthday cos we can’t get a night out - the joys of parenthood). 

23 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Netflix and other streaming services were becoming a big deal long before Covid struck. It’s just something the cinema has to deal with. 

I paid for Milan at home with my family. At first I thought £20 was a bit much for something I could probably watch for free if I waited a few months, but then a trip to the cinema normally costs £50 minimum for 5 of us (I buy all the food, I can’t help myself, if I went twice a month, I probably wouldn’t, but it’s a treat, so why not). 

I used to go all the time when I was a kid, but it’s harder when you have young kids. Either you have to take them and try to pin them down during a kids film, or you have to add the expense of a babysitter to the night out. 

so much easier to get a big TV and sound system, a £1 bag of popcorn from Tesco, and watch in the comfort of your own home. 

but I will never stop enjoying the treat. Big things, like MCU films, my wife snd I always make the effort to go to the cinema for. And she always gets me a directors lounge pass for my birthday (but it normally sits unused in the next birthday cos we can’t get a night out - the joys of parenthood). 

Just get another family member to watch your kids simples. 

But at the moment mine is shut gone knows when sigh.

On 15/12/2020 at 22:29, B4ev6is said:

I am feeling very very frustrated at the moment every single time we get near to entering pp again we get told you not getting In. I feeling angry at all these resitions but also all these streaming service getting new films could put final nail into cinemas and goverment seem to seem my job worth saving even my job currently is still okay.

Cinemas will still be here when the Covid restrictions are finally lifted. It's the pubs I fear for. 

I agree by setting a series of review dates it's unfairly building up expectations that the sanctions could be lifted at that point and seems then demoralising when they're not until the next set of review dates ad infinitum.

Reminds me of a serial killers parole hearings, it's the hope that kills you.

Waiting to hear today that they inevitably will keep Nottingham in Tier 3 - not much difference for me anyway between Tier 2 and 3, being made to order a substantial meal so you can have some drinks in the pub doesn't enthral me with a sense of enthusiasm.

I'm going off the basis that we will be lucky to have any normality by next Christmas that way this arse crack talk by the government won't be too disappointing. They say will be alright by Easter well Boris said it will be alright by Christmas in early Autumn so I am very sceptical about anything that is said by the government. 

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

It’ll be alright once they’ve got everyone vaccinated and their DNA on file. 

"Yoof"!

You can't mention DNA, without adding "Yoof", innit! 

Sometimes I wonder whether some of you lot actually listen to the pItchside PA Guy!  

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

"Yoof"!

You can't mention DNA, without adding "Yoof", innit! 

Sometimes I wonder whether some of you lot actually listen to the pItchside PA Guy!  

Most of us violently chugging back the dregs of our awful pint at that time. 

23 hours ago, David said:

It’s hard to sympathise with cinemas, £20 for myself and the missus to watch a film, that’s without the food and drinks.

You could argue it’s cheaper than going to the football, but you don’t have that emotional attachment invested to a film like a football team.

Maybe the cinemas should think about their customers, Netflix is such good value for £8pm, with modern technology seeing bigger better tv’s and sound systems, the cinema needs to adapt and  look at their price model if they are to stay around. 

I only go when I can use my Meerkat Movies thingy to get half price on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. It's too expensive to go otherwise

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I only go when I can use my Meerkat Movies thingy to get half price on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. It's too expensive to go otherwise

That’s the night it’s rammed and you end up with someone thinking they are on a Ryanair flight booting the back of your chair 

Archived