I am feeling frustrated at the moment

B4ev6is

19 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I can't even imagine that!  ?
We're more than happy enough with our 10 year old 32" telly!  (At least we went for colour for this one!)

I'm not a "Home entertainment" kind o' guy, in fairness.  Nor a massive film fan.  And as for watching RamsTV, I think my lap top is more than big enough for that, thank you very much!  ?

We only sold our DVD/Video combi a year or so ago, as we realised we hadn't used it for 15 years!  I think we have a few dozen CD's in the cupboard... and absolutely nothing to play them on (unless a lap top works?).

Tech Schmech!  ??

9 of your TVs in a square/rectangular pattern then ?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, David said:

That’s the night it’s rammed and you end up with someone thinking they are on a Ryanair flight booting the back of your chair 

If report to cinerma staff we shall do something about it. But sometimes if people dont tell us. We dont know what is happening  my place they often 2 warnings if they continue we shall ask them to leave.

10 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Only reason why he caught he heard buzzing coming from it and asked him remove his hat and little camera inside tiny little hole in the hat.

I don't think I'd have been as brave as that, asking him to remove his hat.  He's bloody lucky it wasn't a wasps nest!  
What a guy!  

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I don't think I'd have been as brave as that, asking him to remove his hat.  He's bloody lucky it wasn't a wasps nest!  
What a guy!  

We have special equipment try and catch people filming but be surprised just how crafty they are.

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

We have special equipment try and catch people filming but be surprised just how crafty they are.

Personally, I don't see the problem.  I think we should be allowed to film it, if we want to.  That way, only one person has to pay to get in the cinema, then take a copy of the film home, for the rest of the family to watch.  All that money saved can then be spent on extra crisps/popcorn/hot dogs/fizzy pop etc, from the supermarket, so the children will be far happier and excited.

But no... Boris and this bloody government wont let us do that.  It makes me so angry!

10 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Personally, I don't see the problem.  I think we should be allowed to film it, if we want to.  That way, only one person has to pay to get in the cinema, then take a copy of the film home, for the rest of the family to watch.  All that money saved can then be spent on extra crisps/popcorn/hot dogs/fizzy pop etc, from the supermarket, so the children will be far happier and excited.

But no... Boris and this bloody government wont let us do that.  It makes me so angry!

It is against the law mate you can be fined and sent to jail but also person on that day can get done as well. And so can the company as well not just that it is simple wrong like you say.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

It is against the law mate you can be fined and sent to jail but also person on that day can get done as well. And so can the company as well not just that it is simple wrong like you say.

It's only against the law because bloody politicians say so.  Grrr
They should change the laws then, but no, they won't because it doesn't bother them, seeing as they all have their own mini-cinemas in their mansions!

Sorry... it's making my blood boil just thinking about it.  I need to go and lie down in a dark room... 

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

It's only against the law because bloody politicians say so.  Grrr
They should change the laws then, but no, they won't because it doesn't bother them, seeing as they all have their own mini-cinemas in their mansions!

Sorry... it's making my blood boil just thinking about it.  I need to go and lie down in a dark room... 

bankers

On 16/12/2020 at 13:20, David said:

It’s hard to sympathise with cinemas, £20 for myself and the missus to watch a film, that’s without the food and drinks.

You could argue it’s cheaper than going to the football, but you don’t have that emotional attachment invested to a film like a football team.

Maybe the cinemas should think about their customers, Netflix is such good value for £8pm, with modern technology seeing bigger better tv’s and sound systems, the cinema needs to adapt and  look at their price model if they are to stay around. 

Although it is expensive to go to the flicks, no home cinema system can compare to the real thing. I watch plenty of new films at home, but any big blockbuster or horror film has be watched on the biggest screen possible. 

And it’s not Netflix costing cinema jobs @B4ev6is at the moment, it’s the worldwide pandemic we’re in the middle of. Admittedly Warner’s announcement about releasing all of next year's spate on HBO Max is a kick in the teeth, but they can’t have these finished films sat there costing them money while not being viewed. I heard that No Time To Die is costing MGM around £2m a week sat on the shelf, so unless the big studios do this now, they’ll be no films being made to release for when cinemas are allowed to reopen.

5 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Although it is expensive to go to the flicks, no home cinema system can compare to the real thing. I watch plenty of new films at home, but any big blockbuster or horror film has be watched on the biggest screen possible. 

And it’s not Netflix costing cinema jobs @B4ev6is at the moment, it’s the worldwide pandemic we’re in the middle of. Admittedly Warner’s announcement about releasing all of next year's spate on HBO Max is a kick in the teeth, but they can’t have these finished films sat there costing them money while not being viewed. I heard that No Time To Die is costing MGM around £2m a week sat on the shelf, so unless the big studios do this now, they’ll be no films being made to release for when cinemas are allowed to reopen.

Used to quite enjoy the cinema, but they got incredibly loud about 10 years ago.  Assume someone tech savvy will know why .  Last time I went it was like being at a death metal concert.

41 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

It certainly does not help us out does it and when we were open if we had bond we would have sold out even with limited numbers.

36 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Used to quite enjoy the cinema, but they got incredibly loud about 10 years ago.  Assume someone tech savvy will know why .  Last time I went it was like being at a death metal concert.

The sounds bounces off the walls when screen is full notice it less but we do try make dead in middle. But when film starts it should go back to normal levels.

51 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

It certainly does not help us out does it and when we were open if we had bond we would have sold out even with limited numbers.

Maybe, but one of the reasons for Warner’s plans was the under performance of Tenet. But admittedly, it may have made a bit more cash if most of the word of mouth wasn’t “I had no clue what was going on”...

Archived