I am feeling frustrated at the moment

B4ev6is

I am feeling very very frustrated at the moment every single time we get near to entering pp again we get told you not getting In. I feeling angry at all these resitions but also all these streaming service getting new films could put final nail into cinemas and goverment seem to seem my job worth saving even my job currently is still okay.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I am feeling very very frustrated at the moment every single time we get near to entering pp again we get told you not getting In. I feeling angry at all these resitions but also all these streaming service getting new films could put final nail into cinemas and goverment seem to seem my job worth saving even my job currently is still okay.

Two birds with one stone.

C'mon @Owen87ITK, get Daniel on RamsTV.

It’s hard to sympathise with cinemas, £20 for myself and the missus to watch a film, that’s without the food and drinks.

You could argue it’s cheaper than going to the football, but you don’t have that emotional attachment invested to a film like a football team.

Maybe the cinemas should think about their customers, Netflix is such good value for £8pm, with modern technology seeing bigger better tv’s and sound systems, the cinema needs to adapt and  look at their price model if they are to stay around. 

3 minutes ago, David said:

It’s hard to sympathise with cinemas, £20 for myself and the missus to watch a film, that’s without the food and drinks.

You could argue it’s cheaper than going to the football, but you don’t have that emotional attachment invested to a film like a football team.

Maybe the cinemas should think about their customers, Netflix is such good value for £8pm, with modern technology seeing bigger better tv’s and sound systems, the cinema needs to adapt and  look at their price model if they are to stay around. 

It depends what time of day you go in mate during the day is cheaper than it is in the evening as prices go up then.

The cinema is great, but it is expensive. I have a projector setup at home which gives me a 100" screen which is a very good experience for 'bigger' films.

I do still enjoy going but maybe a couple of times a year. I used to go 3 or 4 times a month when younger.

I really do hope Cinemas can get open soon though, there has to be a place for them. People still enjoy going out, its not always just about going to the cinema, its the other bits around it, a meal, a drink etc.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

It depends what time of day you go in mate during the day is cheaper than it is in the evening as prices go up then.

During the day people work.

Is it cheaper for cinemas to show the film in the day, or do they just raise the prices to unreasonable levels at night as they know that’s when people can watch films?

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I dont agree with like net flixs other streaming services not thinking that affects to people who work in cinemas.

Pretty much everything we do, or spend our money on, will affect someone else in a negative way.

Have a pizza or Chinese takeaway delivered to your house?  What about those that work in restaurants?
Shop at Morrisons?  What about Sainsbury workers... or that nice couple in the corner shop!
Take a picnic?  What about that lovely woman behind the counter in the Tea Room?  You know... the one with the ruddy cheeks, who never stops smiling.
While you are playing golf, you ain't spending money at the bowling alley.
Got a season ticket at Old Trafford?  What about little old Leyton Orient, literally just a 6 min walk from your front door!
Hello Tosh, Got a Toshiba?  Shame you didn't think about those working at Panasonic!
Vegan, yer say?  Not bothered about that farmer who grows beef for a living then!
My missus works at Burtons menswear... and yes, her job is now in jeopardy.  But would I ask you to stop buying your clothes in Next, to help her out?  Actually... yeah... You make a good point.

I'm off to the flicks, just as soon as you open up again, buddy!  See you there!  ?    

5 minutes ago, David said:

During the day people work.

Is it cheaper for cinemas to show the film in the day, or do they just raise the prices to unreasonable levels at night as they know that’s when people can watch films?

People do go during the day mate but like last christmas we 3 to 4k during the day.

I think unless you have a properly big cinema room in your house and I'm not talking room for 6 or 7 chairs and a big TV size, which you would have to be very wealthy to have its not quite the same just watching films on Netflix or whatever. Cinema is quite expensive though,  especially the food which I never buy because its a rip off.  Went to a cinema in Hull in November and it was only £5 each with luxury recliner chairs and a very good all round experience, for that experience even about £7 would be good value , £10 for your bog standard experience is too pricey I think. 

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm not even sure I have a wall that big, to even show it on!   

Its not that big...just imagine 4 * 50" tvs put together

Archived