Kornell McDonald from Moor Farm EIEIO

Day

Can’t take credit for this one, but if it’s not sung when the doors at Pride Park are reopened I will be disappointed.

Worth mentioning he also looked very good, that full back conveyor belt keeps on producing.

Interesting to hear Rooney say he was close to starting at Brentford.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like McDonald a lot from the youth games I've seen him play, but I think Ebosele is the better prospect at RB. This isn't a sleight at KM at all and with Ebosele's injury record he may develop faster and take his opportunities when they come.

We've seem to be able to produce (or nuruture) some great youth talent at full back. Lowe, Bogle, Buchanan, McDonald, Ebosele, Archie Brown, Bardell. Pretty sure Jordan Brown has played at RB too and not looked to shabby there.

Yep, he got injured at the start of the season which is a real shame as he was bossing the U23 matches and looked set to be included in first team stuff very soon. Hopefully he returns and his career gets back on track. He's a hell of a player.

1 hour ago, roboto said:

Yep, he got injured at the start of the season which is a real shame as he was bossing the U23 matches and looked set to be included in first team stuff very soon. Hopefully he returns and his career gets back on track. He's a hell of a player.

He recovered from the injury in pre-season when training with the first team. He then picked up a serious injury towards the end of October (iirc)

8 hours ago, David said:

Can’t take credit for this one, but if it’s not sung when the doors at Pride Park are reopened I will be disappointed.

Worth mentioning he also looked very good, that full back conveyor belt keeps on producing.

Interesting to hear Rooney say he was close to starting at Brentford.

...and on that farm, there were some drones...EIEIO

17 hours ago, roboto said:

I like McDonald a lot from the youth games I've seen him play, but I think Ebosele is the better prospect at RB. This isn't a sleight at KM at all and with Ebosele's injury record he may develop faster and take his opportunities when they come.

We've seem to be able to produce (or nuruture) some great youth talent at full back. Lowe, Bogle, Buchanan, McDonald, Ebosele, Archie Brown, Bardell. Pretty sure Jordan Brown has played at RB too and not looked to shabby there.

Think it's a case that Kornell has slipped through the radar and come into the first team out of nowhere. 

Bit like Jason Knight, we were all expecting Bird and Sibley to be the next two big breakthrough midfielders but Knight came through the academy quietly and is currently the best of the three and the only one to fully establish himself. 

Archived