Pride Park Hospitality

Stripperg-ram

Was just looking at getting ticket vouchers for my cousins for Chrimbo. I know it may not be possible to go and watch a game for a while, but nice to dream and have something to look forward to and give the club a bit of money too....

I also started looking at the match day experiences/hospitality options. The website doesn’t really give you prices, just asks to give your details so they can call you back.

So that I can avoid a sales pitch, has anyone on here done it? Is it any good? How much per head? Good food? Is it worth it,etc? I know there’s different options, but anyone with some advice as to what’s good and what’s not would be most helpful.

Thanks in Advance 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sponsored the matchball around 4 years ago, it was around 2,5k. I got 3 course meal, drinks throughout for 6 people, the box (seats in the gantry) and I got presented the matchball by Vydra. Great day though I don't remember a great deal of it. Nudge scored a hatrick as we beat Fulham 4-2 so I'm not even sure I got the actual matchball. I think its called a sponsorship package nowadays.

19 minutes ago, 66DegreesNorth said:

I sponsored the matchball around 4 years ago, it was around 2,5k. 

The ball was 2500 kilo ? no wonder we can't ducking shoot 

1 hour ago, 66DegreesNorth said:

I sponsored the matchball around 4 years ago, it was around 2,5k. I got 3 course meal, drinks throughout for 6 people, the box (seats in the gantry) and I got presented the matchball by Vydra. Great day though I don't remember a great deal of it. Nudge scored a hatrick as we beat Fulham 4-2 so I'm not even sure I got the actual matchball. I think its called a sponsorship package nowadays.

Ok. Great. Thanks 

1 hour ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Was just looking at getting ticket vouchers for my cousins for Chrimbo. I know it may not be possible to go and watch a game for a while, but nice to dream and have something to look forward to and give the club a bit of money too....

I also started looking at the match day experiences/hospitality options. The website doesn’t really give you prices, just asks to give your details so they can call you back.

So that I can avoid a sales pitch, has anyone on here done it? Is it any good? How much per head? Good food? Is it worth it,etc? I know there’s different options, but anyone with some advice as to what’s good and what’s not would be most helpful.

Thanks in Advance 

Did the pedigree suite a few years back, nothing fancy.. think it was 100ish and got a dinner, drink, prize draw etc.

was good actually.

39 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Did the pedigree suite a few years back, nothing fancy.. think it was 100ish and got a dinner, drink, prize draw etc.

was good actually.

Did the Pedigree suite against Blackpool on boxing day a few years ago, a building company I did some freelance work for were picking up the bar tab. I was there for a good 8 hrs with a load of blokes, who were like lost travellers in the desert spotting an oasis. I vaguely remember Barry Bannan playing for Blackpool and chatting to some Blackpool fan who was on Dickinsons real deals. I only have recollection of him as he had the most appalling orange and mustard trousers.  Woke up at home on the 27th in the same clothes to an angry wife  and a family buffet to go to.  It was not a good day,

£100-250 roughly, there’s lots of packages whereby you either have a table in the lounge or pop up box with a three course and table service meal or a proper box etc. 
For some you have to buy a table which obviously costs quite a lot. 
It’s different from game to game, if it’s a low appeal game, let’s say Rotherham you’ll potentially be able to barter as the demand is low. 

I have been twice, and both times had the package with seats in Directors' box.  That view makes it pretty special, imo.

Small parties tend to get seated near back, which means you can't see pitch pre-match so best to eat and then get into your seat. Pop back for pud at half time, then back inside at end for cheese and biscuits and MOM presentation, which you are very close to. Also Mark Edworthy does pre-match interviews with a couple of players not in squad, usually somebody injured or suspended. They are really good and again, near to small tables at back. 

Food fine and a choice of starter and main course. Drinks weren't included but not a problem. Nice little touches like a free guess the goal time comp, at table betting, teamsheet .

Waiting on staff were excellent and very friendly. Some of the corporate parties are a bit annoying and clearly aren't there for the football. The minute Mel appears they swarm around him, with no consideration for the fact he's there to do a job. Present MOTM etc but he is used to pressing the flesh and takes it all in good spirit.

Special to be able to join in chants from Directors box and earn a few looks and to play spot the ex Derby player scout, as they tend to sit in there too.

I think prices for this package fluctuate wildly, need a mortgage for Forest match! Best hunt for a bargain, we did Preston match on a bank holiday weekend which was only £95 + VAT, although we didn't pay as won it in a twitter competition. We also did Rooney's first match v Barnsley   which was a gift so didn't pay for that either but I think it was £130 + VAT. Fully expected to be seeing Rooney get his MOTM  then they gave it to Max Lowe, LOL! 

Highly recommended,  it's a special day out.

20200103_155309.jpg

20201208_082746.jpg

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

I have been twice, and both times had the package with seats in Directors' box.  That view makes it pretty special, imo.

Small parties tend to get seated near back, which means you can't see pitch pre-match so best to eat and then get into your seat. Pop back for pud at half time, then back inside at end for cheese and biscuits and MOM presentation, which you are very close to. Also Mark Edworthy does pre-match interviews with a couple of players not in squad, usually somebody injured or suspended. They are really good and again, near to small tables at back. 

Food fine and a choice of starter and main course. Drinks weren't included but not a problem. Nice little touches like a free guess the goal time comp, at table betting, teamsheet .

Waiting on staff were excellent and very friendly. Some of the corporate parties are a bit annoying and clearly aren't there for the football. The minute Mel appears they swarm around him, with no consideration for the fact he's there to do a job. Present MOTM etc but he is used to pressing the flesh and takes it all in good spirit.

Special to be able to join in chants from Directors box and earn a few looks and to play spot the ex Derby player scout, as they tend to sit in there too.

I think prices for this package fluctuate wildly, need a mortgage for Forest match! Best hunt for a bargain, we did Preston match on a bank holiday weekend which was only £95 + VAT, although we didn't pay as won it in a twitter competition. We also did Rooney's first match v Barnsley   which was a gift so didn't pay for that either but I think it was £130 + VAT. Fully expected to be seeing Rooney get his MOTM  then they gave it to Max Lowe, LOL! 

Highly recommended,  it's a special day out.

20200103_155309.jpg

20201208_082746.jpg

angie, please forgive my stupidity but are they doing this now?  I looked on the site and it does appear to still be available which I struggle to believe..  I have also been quite surprised to see what appears to be full boxes at away games.

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

angie, please forgive my stupidity but are they doing this now?  I looked on the site and it does appear to still be available which I struggle to believe..  I have also been quite surprised to see what appears to be full boxes at away games.

No idea, although I recall that when pubs and restaurants were open, clubs were eventually told that they could offer hospitality providing the game was watched on screens and patrons weren't able to see the pitch! Yet another strange COVID- related decision. 

No idea whether Derby offered this but I seem to recall Chesterfield did? ?

I've taken hospitality many times at Pride Park, either as a gift from someone, or paid for myself.

Prices range, will depend on who Derby are playing, i.e. Forest, Leeds & cup matches vs Premier teams; to the less attractive teams such as Rotherham, Barnsley, etc, on a wet Tuesday evening.

The price will also depend which restaurant you take the hospitality package - Pedigree Suite is about £90+VAT; Dave Mckay Suite about £140+VAT and the Toyota Suite anything between £150-£200+VAT, all per person. 

I've also enjoyed hospitality at Carrow Road, Norwich, which was very good, with Delia Smith & Ed Balls in attendance; Portman Road, Ipswich, small suite but brilliant banter with the Ipswich supporters and ex-players, as well as Wembley Stadium - too many hangers-on who have no idea about football, and far too expensive.

We (Muckerette and oneself!) were lucky to get a hand-me-down freebie package from my boss, who won a Derbyshire Building Society Draw, and had no interest in football.  DCFC allowed us to transfer them to me, as I was already registered as a STH.

Twas the Easter Monday home defeat to Wolves, a decade or so ago(?).  (Big Crowd.  Great game.  Late winner for them.  2-3?)

Suit and tie job.  Designated parking spot in West Car Park.  Pre match tour, inc. the cells, some new (on trial) fancy seats in the SW lower, with screens in the head rest, a wander through the lower lounges, and in and around the changing room.  The latter included a pure fluke meeting (and handshake) with the legendary Mr Guthrie. 
3 course silver service lunch, and half time canapés, just a concertina dividing wall away from yer actual top nobs.
The letter said pay bar, and in all honesty, I went to settle our bar bill at the end.  I was told "Not at all.  The letter is wrong.  Drinks are included".  (We're not big drinkers anyway, so little effect either way). 

Half time wee in the neighbouring urinal to "Big Archie"... as I now call him! 

Sat top centre, just behind a certain Mr Harrison of 1946 FA Cup Winners fame!  Not padded seats where we were, but comfier than my usual seat!

The dividing wall was whipped back post match, so we did indeed get to mingle with the dignitaries and club legends.  

We were actually on a table for six. Two other Rams who had flown in from somewhere far away (Canada, if I recall).  And a pair of Dingles, who in fairness, were good eggs, and added to the banter.  Those two couples had paid for their packages.  I don't recall the cost, but it weren't cheap.  Whilst I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, I do recall thinking "Yes, It was fantastic, but I'm not sure I'd pay that amount myself".  I could however, see why others would want to treat themselves.

I also maintain to this day, that I was quite possibly the first to stand and sing the pre-match SBW at full boom, from that particular vantage point, judging by the looks I received, and the number of turning heads!   Sod 'em!  I never flinched!  And even got a pat on the back and a "Good on yer", from one of the dingles!  Ha ha!

A special day for sure... but at special prices, for those that had to pay.

Frequented the Toyota box many times when I used to work at the Japanese Party Palace. Had to apply for tickets and if drawn out you pay £20 a pair out next months wages.

It’s very good hospitality, food is great, team sheet, match programme and the match seats are great, usually in behind the national radio guys (5live etc).

Also been in the box at PNE (boss is a fan and owns a box) pretty good there too. Parking included for that one 

Archived